Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   where do scrapbookers hang out? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/where-do-scrapbookers-hang-out-595260/)

cerridwen3301 12-27-2014 05:32 PM

where do scrapbookers hang out?

So, I used to be on here daily and I took a bit of a break while my attention wandered to other things and because I realized I had made enough cards to last me three lifetime and just could no longer justify making any more. However I do miss the paper crafting and I really felt like I wanted to get back to the scrap booking i had ditched when I started making cards. I love the well done and much participated in card challenges and all the cards in the gallery but that's just it. It's almost totally cards. So my question is this, if SCS is where all the card makers hang out, where are all the scrapboard hanging out????

muscrat 12-27-2014 05:53 PM

This is the scrapbookers forum.

Splitcoaststampers Scrapbooking Forums: Ideas for Layouts, Themes & More

Lmn 12-27-2014 08:04 PM

Here, here!

Most of us hang out HERE in the Challenge Threads because as you know, as a scrapper, we're always looking to get pages done, LOL :D

We have lots of fun challenges Monthly and (as you know since you posted in the announcement thread) we're looking for more Hostess for 2015

Come and scrap with us!

cerridwen3301 12-28-2014 04:35 AM

Yes I have been poking around on the Scrapbook area and that is sort of my point - it's very sparse as compared to the cardmakers so I was wondering are there just not a lot of scrappers left or are they hanging out somewhere else? SCS is just my favorite spot - in general.....

Scrapjanny 12-28-2014 07:52 AM

I scrapbook a lot - more than I stamp. I guess I should participate more in the sb forum. Headed there now.

Lmn 12-28-2014 09:01 AM

Awesome! Come and Play

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapjanny (Post 20850287)
I scrapbook a lot - more than I stamp. I guess I should participate more in the sb forum. Headed there now.

We often chatter in the Goals and Chatter Thread HERE about pages we did, want to do, photo moments or life (LOL).

We have New Sketch Challenge Hostess starting January so we'll have new sketches twice a month. We have some new Inspiration Challenges coming for 2015 and a Stash Challenge that's posted weekly.

We also have Digi Challenges (looking for hostess) and a Progressive Challenge that is posted weekly so by the End of the Month, your page is finished :D

We would LOVE to have more players!

muscrat 12-28-2014 09:20 AM

I tried a few pages in scrapbooking, but it takes too long for me to put the whole layout together and then actually get it done, so I went to cardmaking. More of an instant gratification type deal with that! Good luck finding what you want!

cerridwen3301 12-28-2014 10:26 AM

Oh Kathy I hear ya on that one - I hear people say that all the time and I think it was like that with me too - especially when I was promoting my own store and then working on design teams but I decided I wanted to quit the rush and go back to the scrapbooking. I feel the scrapbooking is less wasteful too. No one is going to throw it in the garbage after they look at it once or twice!

Scrapjanny - do head over there - the more of us we get in there the more robust and fun it will be! Though the general chatter across SCS can be applicable to scrapping as well as cardmaking I am hoping the challenges will get more traffic!

craftycrunchymama 12-29-2014 05:29 AM

If you can get past some occasional drama, Studio Calico has a forum for scrapbooking. There is also a forum where some of the Two Peas scrapbookers went when it shut down. 2peas refugees

Scrapjanny 12-29-2014 08:01 AM

I'm not really into challenges, but I will be participating more in the sb forum. Thanks. :)

Lmn 12-29-2014 11:02 PM

Wonderful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapjanny (Post 20851375)
I'm not really into challenges, but I will be participating more in the sb forum. Thanks. :)

The More the Merrier .... :D

cerridwen3301 12-30-2014 11:25 AM

Jeanette - I have a harder time with challenges for scrapbooking than cards too but even if you don't do challenges I do hope you hang out and also post your pages!

Scrapjanny 12-30-2014 02:11 PM

It's fun in there! I hope more people decide to visit and participate. :)

sewflake 12-30-2014 06:47 PM

Ladies, the scrapbook challenge is a great place to hang out especially in the yearly goal were the only challenge is to complete pages for the year, the rest is up to you if you want to join in any of the other challenges during the month.
I also hang out at scrapbook.com, mostly in their challenge area but they still have lots of other areas of interest/forums. Of course they are store/retail based.

TrishG 01-01-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 20850382)
We often chatter in the Goals and Chatter Thread HERE about pages we did, want to do, photo moments or life (LOL).

We have New Sketch Challenge Hostess starting January so we'll have new sketches twice a month. We have some new Inspiration Challenges coming for 2015 and a Stash Challenge that's posted weekly.

We also have Digi Challenges (looking for hostess) and a Progressive Challenge that is posted weekly so by the End of the Month, your page is finished :D

We would LOVE to have more players!

Looking forward to it! Is there also going to be a Scraplift challenge?

TrishG 01-01-2015 09:37 AM

I took it upon myself to make a January challenge since its the first of January and I have time - you can find it here...
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post20854263

(Hope I didn't offend anyone or step on any toes. I didn't mean to.)

miamiscrapper 01-01-2015 03:27 PM

I'm more of a scrapper than a card maker as well. I go to monthly, as well as several long weekend crops to get layouts completed. I'll checkout the SB forum as well

vdoyle8 01-01-2015 05:25 PM

paperclipping.com opened a scrapbooking forum after 2 peas closed...

Denverkat276 01-01-2015 10:05 PM

I'm a scrapper. I'm here mainly, as I get a lot of inspiration from cards. I'm also on pinterest and I keep eyes out on blogs and youtube too.

Lmn 01-01-2015 10:36 PM

Awesome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denverkat276 (Post 20854890)
I'm a scrapper. I'm here mainly, as I get a lot of inspiration from cards. I'm also on pinterest and I keep eyes out on blogs and youtube too.

Come and Join Us!

Denverkat276 01-02-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lmn (Post 20854897)
Come and Join Us!

I'm going to start participating !!

NerdyBeth 01-03-2015 04:13 AM

Determined to join in and NOT fade away like I usually do. Easy to say when my children are on break, hard to do when they are in the middle of a sports season.

Can't wait until my oldest is 16 and I can get lazy and make him do all the driving. Umm, did I say that outloud?

cerridwen3301 01-03-2015 04:50 AM

Beth it was MAGICAL when mine started driving! Hahahah! I am excited we have some folks getting together with us!

Denverkat276 01-04-2015 10:59 PM

I'm getting ready to do a move, so it may be a couple of months before I can actually join more regularly. I will explain my mission sometime soon. I have a lot of scrapbooking to get caught up on. No more buying supplies (which I have in abundance),I'm going to be buckling down and I would like to join challenges etc. This move has me a bit worried. I have to start parking things pretty soon. That is the part that has me worried. lol

Oh, also, when my kids started driving it was a blessing but I was a nervous wreck. Now, I'd rather them drive me....lol

Later!!

wendella247 01-11-2015 09:10 PM

We have a great stashbusters challenge thread--perfect for using up supplies you have!

Stashbusters! - Splitcoaststampers

OTE=Denverkat276;20857928]I'm getting ready to do a move, so it may be a couple of months before I can actually join more regularly. I will explain my mission sometime soon. I have a lot of scrapbooking to get caught up on. No more buying supplies (which I have in abundance),I'm going to be buckling down and I would like to join challenges etc. This move has me a bit worried. I have to start parking things pretty soon. That is the part that has me worried. lol

Oh, also, when my kids started driving it was a blessing but I was a nervous wreck. Now, I'd rather them drive me....lol

Later!![/QUOTE]