Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2015, 02:37 PM   #121  
Gallery Gazer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
I'm like Bugga...my facebook is primarily for keeping up with my kids. But I have a few groups I am on as well. I'm a Rossiter coach so I keep up with those pages. I just joined a genealogy group for a class. But mostly it's so I can see what family is up to. I don't post much to my timeline, mostly to share with my kids.

Now, it's another thing with my Pinterest. :oops:
Diane, I am one of your loyal followers on Pinterest... you have such amazingly organised boards!

Whatever did we do before Pinterest... that is the source of most of my inspiration but right here is where the conversations happen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #122  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

I'm like Bugga...my facebook is primarily for keeping up with my kids. But I have a few groups I am on as well. I'm a Rossiter coach so I keep up with those pages. I just joined a genealogy group for a class. But mostly it's so I can see what family is up to. I don't post much to my timeline, mostly to share with my kids.

Now, it's another thing with my Pinterest. :oops:
Dianne, I just went to your Pinterest page - My goodness, what a wonderful, organized bunch of inspiration you have gathered together in one place! I don't have a Pinterest page, but I bookmarked your page so I can keep up with all the great things you post.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #123  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Ohmyword, Diane your Pinterest library is beautiful.
Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Dianne, I just went to your Pinterest page - My goodness, what a wonderful, organized bunch of inspiration you have gathered together in one place! I don't have a Pinterest page, but I bookmarked your page so I can keep up with all the great things you post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #124  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Add me to the list of people that HATE Facebook! I go there ONLY when one of my kids alerts me that they posted something (the only reason I have an account to begin with). I also only go to Pinterest if I'm looking for something specific or - once in a while - to see what the boards I'm following (like Diane's) have that 's new. HERE on Splitcoast is where I go for any/all free time web browsing...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2015, 05:47 PM   #125  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

Yep, I agree...SCS for ideas, conversation, friends...

But there's a lot of great artists out there who aren't here. I get some great inspiration from Pinterest. It's also how I find the occasional blog to follow. My blog has a blog list and basically none of them are on SCS at all. Oh, how I wish they were...but I definitely understand the limited time we all have.

And thanks for all the compliments on my Pinterest!! I think that huge boards are useless. So I divide them down, organize them, get rid of duplicates...well, I might as well just admit it. I'm obsessive about organizing. There. I said it. Just the facts!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.

Last edited by fionna51; 04-08-2015 at 05:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2015, 08:24 PM   #126  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
I think there's a small but not insignificant number of us who choose, for one reason or another, not to be on FB. I'm another one with no FB account and no intention of ever having one. SCS and a couple of smaller (UK-based) forums are my online hang-outs and I plan to keep it that way
Oh my gosh, I'm feeling so much better! I thought I was one of a handful who didn't do FB, now I find I'm not so alone!!! Not that I feel bad about not using FB, doesn't bother me a bit, just have felt like i'm in the minority! I spend enough time on my laptop searching for ideas and learning about using products. Social media would just soak up even more time.....and I'm not making enough cards as it is!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #127  
Hardware Hotshot

I have no Facebook account and never wanted one. And companies pestering me to "Like " them on FB is getting old!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 04:35 AM   #128  

I used to participate in the SU! forum on SCS (any current SU! Demo can join) - and I remember when there was an event coming up and people chose to cover it in a closed group on Facebook instead. I never became active in that FB group, but I imagine it has a lot of participation. Ther was a direct correlation with that FB group starting and the beginning of a decline in numbers participating on the Demo side.

A number of factors contributed - there are less demos also. And there is another SU! closed forum managed by SU! (I never really got active over there either). Oh, and another site started that was SUO.

Anyway, just some early morning musings that I saw a similar trend on the SUO! Demo side of SCS.

For me, I've tried the other forums and I love the organization, and the participants, and the vibe on SCS!

I do love Pinterest for browsing images - wow!

Facebook is very chaotic to me but I do manage through it because loved ones are out there, and there are a few stamping communities I want to connect with.

I hope you have a beautiful today. Mine started beautifully with an early morning visit to SCS, just like most days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 05:19 AM   #129  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 291 Likes on 115 Posts

Quote:

But there's a lot of great artists out there who aren't here. I get some great inspiration from Pinterest. It's also how I find the occasional blog to follow. My blog has a blog list and basically none of them are on SCS at all. Oh, how I wish they were...but I definitely understand the limited time we all have.

And thanks for all the compliments on my Pinterest!! I think that huge boards are useless. So I divide them down, organize them, get rid of duplicates...well, I might as well just admit it. I'm obsessive about organizing. There. I said it. Just the facts!
This is not new information...just sayin'... ;)
It is, of course, one of the reasons we love you...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 05:44 AM   #130  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 501 Likes on 222 Posts

Thank you, Sue, for my morning giggles!
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2015, 05:53 AM   #131  
Insane Embellisher

I'm not on Facebook either! Very glad I'm not alone... LOL. SCS is my favorite place on the internet! I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but if I have any questions this is the only place I go. Everyone is always extremely helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2015, 12:42 AM   #132  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I am not a FB girl either. If I had a lot of family that I was close too then I can see why FB would be a lifeline. It's just pretty much DH & I. I see all my friends none of us follow each others social media. When I had a blog some of my friends read it. I know friends come over here to see if I am still living or peek at my Pinterest account. ;) I know who you are, lol.

I agree with Shaz's honest reviews. When I first got back into papercrafting there was just so much stuff. It was all the must have. You had so many people looking down their noses at you if you didn't have the must have. Loved Shaz's bee's knee's comment. Girl, you made me bust up laughing. I come over here and somebody would say that product sucks, lol. Maybe not in those words but they meant the same thing. It was so refreshing. This is the site where I really learned about stamping and the new trends. I also love I got to learn about the classics and how they are updated through the years.

I am grateful for all who comment about products. I can make intelligent decisions about what I purchase and is it right for me and my style of creating.

I love it that there is a Sisterhood feeling here. That is really hard to find nowadays with women being so competitive against each other. I want to be around women who support each other and not shame. I feel this is something that a lot of us women share over here is support.

Last edited by lylacfey; 04-11-2015 at 12:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2015, 06:32 AM   #133  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post
I want to be around women who support each other and not shame. I feel this is something that a lot of us women share over here is support.
Amen to that!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2015, 06:36 AM   #134  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

WOW, Diane, I just popped over to Pinterest to check out your boards, I could spend DAYS just looking through all of them! I love how organized you are, and I agree that boards with too many pins are pretty useless. I'm a very organized person myself, perhaps it's the name ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2015, 07:35 AM   #135  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've barely touched my card supplies since the fall. I haven't been as active here, either, although I've spent more time reading threads than I have making cards.

I haven't lost interest. I've just got other things taking up my time at the moment. I'm really trying to manage my free time better (I spend far too much of it playing Covet Fashion, haha). I also have been really hitting my training hard since my foot surgery in the fall, because I want this race season to be a good one. That takes up a lot of time.

As far as stamping, I'm losing interest in Stamping Up. There are so many other manufacturers making stuff I love, while SU is making some stuff I sorta like. This site is very SU heavy, so I've been following some other blogs a lot as well (Jennifer McGuire is my current favorite).

I also think Pinterest has a lot to do with it. I can find so many cool cards there, just like here. There is no forum there, but the inspiration is incredible.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #136  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by OddesignsView Post
I've barely touched my card supplies since the fall. I haven't been as active here, either, although I've spent more time reading threads than I have making cards.

I haven't lost interest. I've just got other things taking up my time at the moment. I'm really trying to manage my free time better (I spend far too much of it playing Covet Fashion, haha). I also have been really hitting my training hard since my foot surgery in the fall, because I want this race season to be a good one. That takes up a lot of time.

As far as stamping, I'm losing interest in Stamping Up. There are so many other manufacturers making stuff I love, while SU is making some stuff I sorta like. This site is very SU heavy, so I've been following some other blogs a lot as well (Jennifer McGuire is my current favorite).

I also think Pinterest has a lot to do with it. I can find so many cool cards there, just like here. There is no forum there, but the inspiration is incredible.
Slight hijack...good luck with race season! My guys are kicking theirs off tomorrow. Hope you are recovering well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2015, 08:15 AM   #137  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedalPowerView Post
Slight hijack...good luck with race season! My guys are kicking theirs off tomorrow. Hope you are recovering well!
Thanks. My first race was last weekend, and even though I was sick with a bad cold and had no business racing, I beat my wattage from last year and actually beat a woman who I've never managed to beat before. It was only 4 seconds between us, but that's enough. I hope this means all the hard work I've been putting in is actually getting me somewhere.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2015, 05:37 PM   #138  
Crimping Master

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by meeyore151View Post
I'm not on Facebook either! Very glad I'm not alone... LOL. SCS is my favorite place on the internet! I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but if I have any questions this is the only place I go. Everyone is always extremely helpful.
Well I am so happy that I am not the only one out there. I bet I am told to go to my FB all of the time and they will friend me. I too am tired of being told that I have to like someone/something/some business on FB. I choose not to do this because of different reasons. It is just me and my DH. He comes from a large family and I from a small one. I have not been on SCS for quite some time and actually miss it. I am a lurker and generally don't post, but if I have a question, I can usually come here and get an answer. So here is to the non-FBers I am glad that I am not in that boat alone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #139  
Matboard Maniac

I love Facebook! The stamping and papercraft groups I am a member of are terrific and I enjoy all the company pages too. Facebook also helps me stay in touch with far away friends and family and network with colleagues. I've even gotten some clients through Facebook (I am self-employed). On top of that I run a page for an actor friend of mine with over 40,000 members and a group for fans of a classic TV show with around 2,000 members. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2015, 04:50 AM   #140  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Lylacfey, so happy to have put a smile on your face, .
I saw this a couple of weeks ago, on International womens day, and it made me think of all my crafting friends, both here and in blogland.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2015, 05:21 AM   #141  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Proud Fan Club Member

Received 136 Likes on 91 Posts

I have read these posts with interest. I am one of those people that does not really enjoy going from site to site. I follow certain blogs, which I have followed for a long time, but my go to has always been SCS. I like what SCS has to offer, I feel like everything I need is here. I guess I feel like I waste time trying to find something elsewhere, I don't want to spend all day on the computer, I want to craft. lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2015, 12:43 PM   #142  
Kookie Creator

Received 279 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Pay Attention to this, Splitcoast!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
I think more and more people are turning to Facebook groups for their crafting. The use of mobile devices also makes the Facebook groups more appealing because of the ease in which photos can be uploaded. I still love Splitcoast but rarely upload photos because it isn't a quick an easy process. If Splitcoast had a iPhone app, and even better, a stronger link with Facebook, I think the activity level would increase like crazy and it would return to being the busy site it used to be.
This is totally right on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2015, 08:00 PM   #143  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post

I agree with Shaz's honest reviews.
Shaz rocks

And re: mobile - the mobile version of the forums is new and the mobile gallery uploader gets released this month

We wish we could have it all now, but I don't think people realize how expensive it is to run a free site. No venture capitalists fund our upgrades
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2015, 08:07 PM   #144  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Shaz rocks

And re: mobile - the mobile version of the forums is new and the mobile gallery uploader gets released this month

We wish we could have it all now, but I don't think people realize how expensive it is to run a free site. No venture capitalists fund our upgrades
The answer to getting more improvements is for Everyone to contribute and become a member. It is only $25 a year .
Even if a person doesn't care about mobile apps ( like me) I am sure everyone gets 7� a day in value here :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2015, 05:38 AM   #145  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Shaz rocks

Yayyyyy!! :p I will be back uploading!! So much easier for me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #146  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
I think there's a small but not insignificant number of us who choose, for one reason or another, not to be on FB. I'm another one with no FB account and no intention of ever having one. SCS and a couple of smaller (UK-based) forums are my online hang-outs and I plan to keep it that way
I'm not planning to join Facebook. Or Twitter. Or .... I choose my technology carefully to meet my needs and not to follow fads.
Maybe we should start a group for people who don't want to be on Facebook? LoL
Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #147  
Pearl-ExPert

We got one answer this week with the transition from the MISTI FB page to the MISTI forum here on SCS. I was really surprised by the reaction! I would much rather get my stamping info here and other sites, and leave FB for my friends, family, and news. But I can see I am in the minority!

The one thing I did like about the MISTI FB page was all of the photos/videos that were uploaded. Other than the gallery, this site feels very text heavy.

I hope there are some ideas and lessons learned from this experience that SCS can leverage to keep this site fresh, vibrant, and easy to use for mobile/social users. I don't think you could have organized a better focus group if you tried!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 07:07 AM   #148  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,051 Likes on 811 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracyView Post
We got one answer this week with the transition from the MISTI FB page to the MISTI forum here on SCS. I was really surprised by the reaction! I would much rather get my stamping info here and other sites, and leave FB for my friends, family, and news. But I can see I am in the minority!

The one thing I did like about the MISTI FB page was all of the photos/videos that were uploaded. Other than the gallery, this site feels very text heavy.

I hope there are some ideas and lessons learned from this experience that SCS can leverage to keep this site fresh, vibrant, and easy to use for mobile/social users. I don't think you could have organized a better focus group if you tried!
The new image uploader has made it very easy to add photos to threads, where it wouldn't always be appropriate to upload them to the gallery.
See post #4 in this thread: New Features/Release Notes by UnderstandBlue at Splitcoaststampers

You need to be in Advanced Reply, then just click on the icon above the text-entry box that looks like the landscape icon on a camera - third in from the right, second row. Then you can upload in several different ways.
The site is also enabled for embedding YouTube videos - click on Share under the video, click on Embed, and then copy and paste the embed code inyo your post here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 07:10 AM   #149  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

For example, I just posted a link in reply to someone who was looking for a particular stamp. It would be really cool if instead of just the link, it also included a thumbnail photo, like FB. While I am a writer and love words, people really gravitate toward visuals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 07:57 AM   #150  

? Sounds intriguing.

Because of this thread I have been a bit more open minded about trying facebook lately.

I'm curious to see what might be unfolding. I'm not an early adopter per se and I'm totally fine waiting for the non experimental version if there is one. Curious though .

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 08:23 AM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Quote:

I agree. I don't use FB for stamping info, just friends. It will be nice to get back to my normal feed. There was so many MISTI post, but they were not in order.

SCS is were I come for stamping info;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 08:29 AM   #152  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
I agree. I don't use FB for stamping info, just friends. It will be nice to get back to my normal feed. There was so many MISTI post, but they were not in order.

SCS is were I come for stamping info;)
Yes, I can't believe how many email notifications I got yesterday when the MISTI FB announcement was made. I do not like that stuff clogging up my email or FB feed.

However, I am hoping some of the interest/vibrancy of the FB page makes its way here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 08:32 AM   #153  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

A lot of complaints were that SCS is to hard to navigate.

What is so hard about SCS. I just don't understand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 08:38 AM   #154  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I don't understand that either, but I have been on the site since 2005 and use it exclusively from my laptop, not my phone.

There were also comments about rude people on the site. While there were a few flaming threads years ago, today things could not be more pleasant and helpful. The moderators help maintain a great environment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 08:42 AM   #155  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I don't find SCS difficult to navigate at all. I think some of the discontent is because people today, and I think especially younger people, are so used to opening a device, like their phone, and seeing everything in "an instant". SCS does take a bit more time, it's not an "instant" experience like FB and everything else in social media these days. I think some people don't have the time, and some don't have the patience, to use a resource like SCS. I'm blessed with the time to do so and I"m grateful for that. You could get into a whole philosophical discussion on this topic, but we'll leave that for another time ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 08:44 AM   #156  

i was confused navigating scs originally - it took time to get to know the hierarchy. and to get special permissions for swaps and the demo side and fan club. but it is totally worth it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #157  
Stazon Splitcoast

You do know, that when the Zombie Apocalypse comes and the internet goes down, "some people" will not know how to survive.

At least I know what life was like before the internet and I will survive;)

Plus I know my son has a Zombie Survival book in his room some where!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 11:13 PM   #158  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

You do know, that when the Zombie Apocalypse comes and the internet goes down, "some people" will not know how to survive.

At least I know what life was like before the internet and I will survive;)

Plus I know my son has a Zombie Survival book in his room some where!
We also have a zombie survival book on the shelf and have discussed where to meet up in case of such an event!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2015, 02:24 AM   #159  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

We too have Zombie survival guides, lol. Plus Hubby is a huge fan of all things Zombie, and according to some of his T-shirts, a very capable Zombie Slayer, rofl!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2015, 06:27 AM   #160  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

My DS gave us a Zombie Apocalypse survival kit for Christmas. Some of it was pretty funny but a lot of it was pretty useful. I figured I'm all set LOL
Reply With Quote Likes