Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Where can I find SCS demos in my area? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/where-can-i-find-scs-demos-my-area-4983/)

readsomething 07-31-2004 04:39 PM

Where can I find SCS demos in my area?

Hi, all! I'm fairly new here -- never posted before, but I've been lurking for a while! I love this community -- so much inspiration to be had, and I just want to jump right in!

I have a fabulous local demo who is quickly becoming a good friend. I am loving everything SU so much that I am planning to sign up by the end of the month! I have the forms right now, and I'm being really picky about what I get in my kit. 8)

Anyway ... I know there are forums for demos here, but I'd like to know if there is a way to find demos from my area BEFORE I sign up. Would a demo search on the SU site be best? I'd thought of that, but I'd really like to meet some local stampers through this site, if possible! I'd really like to talk to more local demos to gauge the interest in SU in my area, etc.

I'd appreciate any and all help. I'm hoping there's a forum here where I could search.

Thank you all so much -- you don't know it, but you have enabled me so much already! My demo had a stamp party today, and I placed a $50 order in a blink -- waaaaay too much money, but I couldn't resist!

-- Heather

scrapmommy3 07-31-2004 04:46 PM

Hmmm I'm not sure here at SCS. On another scrapbook message board I'm on they have a Around the World & Right at Home section or something another. In it there is a thread for a lot of different states and regions. I found fellow croppers in my neighborhood and region. In fact one of them invited me to my first SU Workshop. I signed the contract the next day. That was a year ago and I've made quite a few friends from that.

It would be nice to have that feature here if there is the time and room. I do know each thread was just started by someone in an area looking for fellow scrappers.

M

readsomething 07-31-2004 05:03 PM

Thanks, M!

I went to an SCS discussion board for demos, but I couldn't figure out how to search by city/region. I'm hoping there's an easier way!

-- Heather

sparklinbecks 07-31-2004 05:21 PM

Hey Heather! I bet if you told everyone where you were from, people would come out of the woodwork to say hi :) Everyone is so friendly and I am sure there is someone close to you :wink:

HTH
Rebecca

crazy4stamps 07-31-2004 05:21 PM

where can I find scs demos in area?

Hello, I am a SU demo in central Minnesota, not sure where you're from though? I would love to meet with others that are thinking about signing up, or would just like to get together to stamp and scrapbook. I am fairly new to scrapbooking but been stamping almost 10 years now. It's not just a passion, it's an obsession....don't want to recover though.
Take care and happy stamping.
"The Stamp & Scrapbook Store That Comes To Your Door!"
LeAne

pinefeather 07-31-2004 05:27 PM

well now LeAne,

I am in central MN.. Saint Cloud to be exact..

small world, eh?

Heather

readsomething 07-31-2004 05:38 PM

I'm in Norfolk VA!

Hmmmm! I thought I had replied, but it's not showing up, so here goes:

I'm in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia (Virginia Beach/Chesapeake/Suffolk/Portsmouth). I'm SURE there are other local demos -- my demo said there are local meetings open to demos, but I'd like to talk to people BEFORE I sign up!

You all are so friendly -- I really appreciate it.

-- Heather

Stamplady 07-31-2004 05:49 PM

im in stafford, VA! :D

kjhiggins 07-31-2004 05:59 PM

HI Heather!
I'm in Chesapeake and I'd be happy to talk with you!

Karen

Kar 08-01-2004 02:10 AM

That is to funny Heather, my demo just had a new catalog hostess open house and I spent almost $70 without even thinking about it. I really need to become a demo and support myself!!! :)

Tracy14 08-01-2004 03:07 AM

In the area

I am in Elizabeth City, NC. I am up in the Hampton Roads area sometimes once a week. Would love to get together and stamp!

Tracy Birch

PrideStampers 08-01-2004 04:39 AM

You can go to memeberlist and search by location. This will bring up all the SCS members in your area...if they put their location in their profile. You won't know if they are demo's or not.

Hope this helps.

readsomething 08-01-2004 07:06 AM

Hollie, THANK YOU!

That is just what I was looking for. I can't figure out how to search in the memberlist, but I did find a bunch of people in my area. Now I'll try to get up the courage to PM them! :oops:

This site is so great! Now I'm going to go cruise around for more SU info here!

Keep the replies coming -- I'm really enjoying hearing from everyone!

-- Heather

jakesmom727 04-14-2005 04:48 PM

I live in a tiny town by Bemidji and notice you are in central MN, I have been stamping for 10 years and have acquired much stuff over the years. I have thought about signing up to be a demo for the discount and all the other perks that go along with it.
Any advice? How long have you been a demo? Do you do things with the people under you? Any thing else you might want to add would be appreciated.

kari

Sweetsouthrngal 04-14-2005 07:49 PM

Hi My name is Heather also and I'm over in Norfolk, VA. I just signed an application and mailed it off today to be an SU demo. I can't wait to get started...but I figure there is enough of us on here to get together and share some ideas and have some fun stamping. I'm just starting so I really don't have anything yet or much experience cause I only went to two parties before I decided I wanted to join. SO feel free to email me or whatever with advice, pointers or information you think I should know. I can't wait to get my starter kit. hehe Hopefully will hear from you all soon.
Heather

barryswife 04-17-2005 07:27 PM

I live in Newport News & I am signing up this month also. We should all get together & stamp all night or something.
My girlfriends & I do this a lot. Stamp or scrapbook all night long. We even have pajama parties. You'd think we were teenagers....oh well, we feel like it sometimes, nothing wrong with that.
You can email me or pm to talk or whatever. Glad to have you here!!

[email protected]

barryswife 04-17-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by readsomething
That is just what I was looking for. I can't figure out how to search in the memberlist, but I did find a bunch of people in my area. Now I'll try to get up the courage to PM them! :oops:

This site is so great! Now I'm going to go cruise around for more SU info here!

Keep the replies coming -- I'm really enjoying hearing from everyone!

-- Heather

Go to "Members List", in the right hand side you will see "Search Members". Click on there & then hit advanced search. It will bring up the options to search by.