Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Where Can I find Lunchbox Tins???? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/where-can-i-find-lunchbox-tins-164239/)

twyant 07-11-2006 04:50 PM

Where Can I find Lunchbox Tins????

I am panicking as the clerk at Joann's told me the provocraft lunch tins were seasonal. I hate to buy them online because of the shipping expenses. It's hard to beat the 2.99 with a 40% off coupon at Joann's. I will cave in and pay more, because I AM ADDICTED!!! Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

scrappinchick 07-11-2006 05:28 PM

Do you have a Hobby Lobby near you? They are selling them now, and they have 40% off coupons. I am not sure about Michaels & AC Moore stores, since I do not have one local here.

Starry7678 07-11-2006 05:33 PM

Lunch Box Tins

I found my tins online at Ebay. I paid four dollars for two of them, plus ship and hand, came to 8.89 I think. A little high, but what do you do lol. I knew Michaels and AC Moore didnt have them, so I doubted that Joanns would either. Waiting patiently for mine to come in.
Marilynn

Scrapping&Stamping 07-11-2006 05:49 PM

I have purchased from oriental trading, joann's online, and at Michael's. The Michael's one I used the coupon for. They are a little different in the handle and the oriental trading one is slightly wider.

Jeanette

twyant 07-11-2006 05:56 PM

Thank you guys for your help. I went on the Hobby Lobby website and there isn't one in my state, but thank you!! I will have to check out my Michael's and Oriental Trading. What a great deal on ebay. I can handle that amount. It's when the starting bid is 5 dollars with 7 for shipping that my husband becomes less understanding of my crafting as he calls it. Thanks so much. I now know they are out there!

tjdstampsalot 07-11-2006 07:02 PM

creativexpress.com will have them back in stock at the end of the month or beginning of August. I talked to a lady that works there and she said they took it of the web page for now and would put it back up when they come in. I've had good luck with this company and Joanns.com

twyant 07-11-2006 07:17 PM

I just checked, and Creativexpress has them up now. Thanks for your suggestion. They are on the site for $4.98. I wish I knew about all of these great websites before. Thanks again!

SkyesMom 07-11-2006 07:48 PM

http://www.scrapbooks.com/store.html...2915,3451,4609

This is a link to Keep Memories Alive, they have the provo craft ones for 4.69, and they are currently in stock. HTH

stamps&cars 07-11-2006 10:58 PM

I was really dissapointed with my Joanns. Never got any of the tins when they were on sale. So, I traveled into a Joanns Super Store. Yup, they Had them.......key word was HAD. When the lady showed the area where they were she said something like, "Yeah, we had 6 this morning but they are gone now." Ya think? 6......6! For a huge metropolitan area and they only had six!! I sent a letter of complaint to Joanns. You would think they could at least stock a few more than that!! Most places I've looked are Out of Stock.

AZShann 07-11-2006 11:24 PM

I got two from JoAnn's and although they are cute, I would prefer the upward rectangle ones instead. They are like what I used to carry to school back in the day. I'm sure for the price I paid, I can make them look cute even though they aren't what I was wanting.

twyant 07-12-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps&cars
I was really dissapointed with my Joanns. Never got any of the tins when they were on sale. So, I traveled into a Joanns Super Store. Yup, they Had them.......key word was HAD. When the lady showed the area where they were she said something like, "Yeah, we had 6 this morning but they are gone now." Ya think? 6......6! For a huge metropolitan area and they only had six!! I sent a letter of complaint to Joanns. You would think they could at least stock a few more than that!! Most places I've looked are Out of Stock.

I am disappointed with the three super Joann's in my city. I even called the number on the website to check the warehouse. They are not going to carry them anymore. You would think they would not put something on sale that they do not have. On that same note, if you are selling out of an item, maybe you should continue to carry it. Thanks again to all who replied to help me find these!

stamps&cars 07-12-2006 07:35 PM

I ordered some from the KMA (keeping memories alive) site. They were $4.69 and right now they are having a shipping special for only $1.99. So.....I ordered 10. We'll see how long it takes to get them as they are on backorder. Take that, Joanns!!

stamps&cars 08-11-2006 04:34 PM

For those of you still looking for the tins, CreativeExpress

http://www.creativexpress.com/store/...MMCF_title_811

has them on sale. The top loading mini ones are $3.49 each and 10 of them had shipping for only $6.45. Just enabling!!

Starry7678 08-11-2006 04:59 PM

Lunch Box tins

Thanks for the information. I have two of the minis, which I have yet to work on lol! As soon as school starts, I will have my days back. Think I will order more just to have them on hand when I start making Christmas presents.
thanks again,
Happy stampin