Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2006, 09:59 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Default When you bring guests to an SU party... opinions please

HI,

I wanted to hear from demos and any others on the issue of bringing guests to a party. Last year, a good friend of mine had an SU party. I asked if I could bring a friend or two, and of course she said yes. One was my mom and the other was my mom's friend. BOTH are into SU and would make plenty of purchases, and I told my friend that. As it turned out, their total (not including what I bought), was about $250. I figured I get something for bringing them, especially when they bought so much. The hostess gave my mom's friend a free catty, but nothing for me, or my mom. I know sometimes when you go to parties, if you bring a guest you get something. I am sure there is no policy, but I'd be curious how you demos, or anyone else with any input on this, handle it. I felt SO BAD, but was it my friend's issue or the hostess' issue? And YES. The hostess did know they were not invited, but were my guests. I kind of thought that maybe, out of the goodness of my heart, my good friend would maybe kick me back something, like something from her hostess benefits, but NOTHING. She was a terrible demo, too.... wouldn't close the party, took 4 weeks to get the stuff, something wasn't there then she accused me of lying, etc. Long story... but I would love to hear the SCS thoughts.... thanks, gals.... I appreciate it!

Cindy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-22-2006, 10:36 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I don't generally give anything additional to anyone who brings someone. My parties are total hands on-so everyone gets to make 2 projects FREE. That costs me money. Some people don't even order.Depending on the number of people I give one to two doorprizes usually very good ones at that. An incentive stamp, ink spot, inspiration sheet, and 4 mini notecards/env. or it would be dimensionals, metal edge tags, a collection of hodgepodge pieces, buttons, brads eyelets.....whatever.Its also wrapped very pretty.
I do good work-just check my gallery. I have even posted my hostess gift and door prize stuff in my gallery.
Its sort of to each his own. It was nice of the demo to give your mothers friend a catalog.
I'm sorry you had a bad expierience. Every company runs things differently-think if EVERYONE brought someone and we gave something away we'd be broke!
We don't make much as it is, plus our supplies are consumable. Some companies give their demos things for incentives while stampin up has us purchase every catalog, order form you name it.
I'm am not saying this to knock SU just make you aware of what we as demos have to pay for.
I had one person come to a womans party and spend over $400! I gave her a gift cert. towards her next purchase cause "I" felt weird. Nobody made the woman buy anything, and I am sure your friend was thankful for the purchase. I guess I just don't have an answer for you. I can just explain from a demo POV.
as far as holding the workshop open....that may not have been the demo's fault. I once had to wait 4 weeks for a hostess to close, and only finally after I told her I would not be able to wait much longer. I had to call everyone who ordered to apologize for the delay so "I" wouldn't get blammed for poor customer service. Alos sometimes SU has delays in shipping-like with the new catty. All I'm saying is you may not have had all the info on that part.
Delivery-was it up to your friend to get it to you? I always get my orders out the day after they arrive-its then up to the hostess to get them out. I have all orders shipped to me where I then sort them, and add some hanstamped goodies. That way there are no problems.
Bottom line-I am sorry you had a bad expierence. Maybe this demo was new? I hope you will give her or another demo a chance to prove how awesome SU really is!
Old 07-22-2006, 11:02 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Extra gift for bringing a friend?

I am not a demo. I have not even been to very many SU parties (maybe 5), but I have not heard of the demo giving a gift to anyone who brought a guest. Sometimes there are a LOT of guests.
The Pampered Chef guy did give a small "widget" of some sort to those who had brought a NEW guest. But, it was only if the guest had never been to a PC party before. And perhaps the PC company did not charge him for the incentive widgets.
I suppose that an SU demo might give a small incentive, like an Inspiration Sheet to someone bringing a new guest who have never attended a party before. But, as Lauren pointed out, she can't give away a lot, because she is charged for every single item -- even her order forms.
John 3:16
Old 07-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I am not a demo either, but I too have not heard of a demo giving a gift to anyone who brought a guest ... as GarnetJ said, sometimes there are quite a few guests! I think it was lucky that your friend's mom got a catalogue ... I certainly would not have expected to get something for bringing a guest or two. I know at my demo's house this summer, she had an open house for selling off her retired stamps and to "welcome the new catty" ... she had a draw for a door prize and if you brought a guest, she gave you one extra ticket in the draw for the door prize. My friend bought a bunch of stuff at the open house, but I didnt expect that I would get something besides an extra ticket for bringing her. And I didnt bring her just so that I would get an extra ticket, I brought her because she wanted to come and I knew she would have a blast. This is just my opinion of course.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:21 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

As a demonstrator I can tell you that at a workshop I have no idea who is "invited" and who is a "guest". I generally ask my hostesses for a head count but not for specific list of names. I do bring a few extra guest packets in case someone extra shows up or someone who thought they couldn't attend is able to make it at the last minute. I've never given anything extra to someone who brings a guest. I've done it for open houses or special events that I have at my home. I've always encouraged my hostesses to invite as many people as they can and to let their guests know to feel free to bring anyone that they think might enjoy attending as well. I never thought about rewarding the guests who bring friends. It just didn't occur to me that someone might expect it. At the same time I think that my workshops themselves are really fun. I do a total hands on approach so everyone leaves with 3 finished projects. Plus I also do a couple of door prize drawings during the workshop too and each guest gets two inspiration sheets. So I sort of felt that by the end of the workshop that everyone has something to take home and no one leaves emptyhanded. I value everyone at my workshops the same. I appreciate those that take time out of their schedule to attend a workshop. I know it means a lot to the hostess so I try to make sure that everyone who attends, whether they were invited or not, has a great time.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2006, 11:43 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I'm thinking your mom's friend ordered about $100 to get the free catty.

As a demo, I have only once given out a gift for bringing extra guests. I held a stamp camp and one of my guests (and my best customer) brought three guests - her friend, her friend's daughter, and her friend's mother. That worked out to three more camp fees (which, honestly, barely covered the projects), but the friend and her mother both ordered. At that, I just gave her a little mini gable box with a little stamp and some chocolate in it.

It's up to each demo how they handle it.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

As a demo, I don't give anything either. But if the person put in an order over $150, I would probably give them a catalogue.
Have you thought of having your own workshop so you can earn free stuff yourself?

Kelli
Old 07-22-2006, 01:17 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

WOW! My demo always gives a small gift out of her door prize basket for bringing a guest who wasn't invited to the party! It is just a little thing, but it sure encourages me to bring a guest when I can! She just uses the honor system and asks "who brought a guest who was not invited by the hostess?" I am really surprised no one else does this at their parties! I can't speak for your friend, but if I was the hostess (I am not a demo) I would have definitely offered some gift to anyone (even two people) who ordered that much stuff at one of my parties! I would have gotten together with my demo and decided through her what to give them. I have been buying SU for 5 or 6 years and NO ONE has ever bought that much stuff at one of my parties but me, I sure as heck would have rewarded them in some way! That $250 would have bumped me up to a $500 party and I have NEVER had that big of a party or earned that level of hostess set and you better believe I would have been very grateful! A catalog would be the very minimum gift, I think. I really feel it should be the hostess who should give the gift from her prizes, not the demo, but that is my opinion.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:18 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I am not able to afford to give gifts (no matter how small) to everyone who brings someone, spends so much, etc. The profit is so little anyways. When I take a friend to the local stamp store they don't give me anything. It might help to look at it that way. Demps are just traveling stores.

But there is no excuse for bad business practices and making the order take so long, etc
Old 07-22-2006, 02:26 PM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

HI,

Thanks for all of your input on this. I hear what you're saying. I guess from someone who works (professionally) in public relations (journalism degree), I consider the small giveaway (a marker, a small stamp, a few envies, a small cardstock sampler) an INVESTMENT in future business. I know it does cost, and it can be hard on demos, but a $3 gift can really go a long way I have received freebies for bringing someone to a Tupperware party and a bath products (forget the name!) party. I've had demos (long distance) that have thrown in a small stamp with an order, and that was nice. One time a gal threw in a Stampin Spot, one time a small stamp from a large set of small stamps, different times things with the SU logo, etc. It's just good biz. And you know, I mean SMALL token thing. I am glad to have this input, it just shows how differently things are done via different people, and there are no rights or wrongs.

Thanks,

Cindy
Old 07-22-2006, 02:29 PM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

And another thing... this is probably why I'd be a LOUSY businessperson!! I always tend to be too generous and give back a lot of what I get in a given situation. At least I know my weaknesses. I am a profesisonal writer and and editor and often do pro bono work for organizations (not for profits, etc.). Of course my husband wants to go crazy about it sometimes, but you know, it does feel good! We're not rich, not by a long shot, but it's just me... a giver!

CJ
Old 07-22-2006, 02:31 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Oh.. no... it was just bad demo. My friend had to call her like twice a day to get her to turn the orders in, and when it came in, it came to the demo, and she made it nearly impossible to set up a pickup time, even after the demo had said she'd bring it by my friend's house, and then wouldn't do it.

CJ
Old 07-22-2006, 03:22 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Looks like I might be in the minority, but, I always give something to the person who brings me a new customer if that customer purchases something. Depending on the size of the order, it might be a few of our limited edition, not available in the catalog stamps, or a percentage off an order of the person who did the referring.
I remember going to Tupperware and PC parties and the demo asking who brought a friend. When that guest raised her hand, the demos always gave them some little trinket of some sort.

Suz
CTMH Director
http://www.suzastampin.com
Old 07-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

A demo (I had just met) had a stamp camp for me and six of my friends who had stated that they were interested in scrapbooking but didn't know how to get started. They paid $5.00 to make four 12X12 pages but then their $ went towards anything they ordered. I really had not expected them to order anything, so when this ended up being a $350.00 party, I was very excited.

I threw in a couple of extra orders so that when the items came in, I was able to throw in some extras. I made "Thank You" cards for each of the purchasers, and threw in a Heart hole punch for one girl who was scrappin' her wedding pictures, Island Blossoms (hostess gift) for another girl who was scrappin' pictures of her twin daughters and their beach trip and then some Snail Adhesive for another girl who was so WOWed by it at the workshop.

Of course, I know that this isn't the norm, but I was able to and I still got a whole lot of free stuff. I think that it is totally up to the individuals having the party.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am not a demo for SU, but I am a consultant with a skin care company, and I have always asked at my shows who brought a guest that was not invited and give a gift. always a sample product. and for booking a show, the hostess always gets a gift right away. usually a full size product for booking. plus she gets her hostess package at her show. The company I am with is very generous and rewarding.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Str8Fan
A demo (I had just met) had a stamp camp for me and six of my friends who had stated that they were interested in scrapbooking but didn't know how to get started. They paid $5.00 to make four 12X12 pages but then their $ went towards anything they ordered.
I cannot get over what an awesome deal this is for a stamp camp. The demo I have done scrapbook pages does $10 for a two page spread, or $25 for 4 individual page spreads. Keep hold of this demo if all her camps are this price!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 04:53 AM   #17  
Vee
Hardware Hotshot

I agree that the demo lost money if she only charged 5 for a scrapcamp. I think the original demo or hostess should have give the free catty to the mom's friend in with her order adn not in front of others. Now everyone is probably wondering why, what, at what level do you get something, etc. Also Maybe the demo was a bit flustered and never had this happen before so wasn't ready with free stuff. IF the catty was from the hostess, not the demo, Maybe she had 2 from having 2 SU parties recently so jsut gave that away at the spur of the moment, and didn't have anything for the mom. (Prolly hoping the demo would jump in with something, which didn't happen)
Old 07-23-2006, 05:08 AM   #18  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

When I hold mystery hostess workshops, one of the things I give extra tickets for the drawing is for bringing a friend.

It is totally up to the demonstrator if she chooses to give incentives for bringing extra guests. I know the company I buy stickers from that sells to the direct sales industry has some that say "Bring a friend, get a free gift!" that you can put on your invitations. If I were doing this (I've got some of these, but haven't used them yet), the gift would be an incentive stamp.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 07-23-2006, 05:17 AM   #19  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I also think that by adding something to each order, I show all the guests they are appreciated. I always include an inspiraionsheet with every order as well as a stamped card.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:23 AM   #20  
Mad Swapper

I have been in three different stamp clubs. The first demo did nothing when you brought a friend. I don't think any of us in that group expected anything anyway. I know I didn't. We were there to have fun and learn new things. My second demo gave me a $10.00 gift certificate when I brought a friend and my friend not only purchased quite a bit, but also joined our club. I wasn't expecting that either, but it was nice. And the club I am in now, I don't think she gives anything out either. I know this week I am bringing one or two guests and next month I have three guests who want to come. Our demo does not charge for us to bring guests and we are there again, to have fun and enjoy ourselves. She has three door prizes and to me that is sufficient. We all have a great time and if the guests want to order they can and if they don't, they don't have to. As far as the catalogs go, she does not give them out unless you sign up to be a part of the club. Then she will give you one.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-23-2006, 06:32 AM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

I have never been given anything for bringing a guest to a stamp party, but the Pampered Chef lady gives you a $5 gift certificate for each guest that you bring that places an order. The Tupperware lady used to give something out of a gift box that you could choose for each gift. The Discovery toy lady used to give something too, but I cannot remember what. When I sold for a cosmetic company in the 80's for a year, I gave a nail polish in the customer's choice of color for each gift. Cost me $6.50 out of pocket but it created good will and increased my customer base. I was a trainer for the company and while I could not insist sales people did this, I highly encouraged it.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:56 AM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

My demo does not necessarily give gifts to the extra people who are brought along by those invited. We all benefit from her wonderful workshops, camps and monthly technique classes. She always has door prizes and little gifts that you can choose based on the amount of your order, plus a free catty for any orders that are $50 or more. I would never expect a gift for any type of party that go to. I recently went to a Tastefully Simple party and actually invited myself because I love the seasonings. I was not offended by not getting a free gift! My personal opinion on bringing an extra friend to a party is that you are introducing your friend to a wonderful hobby, and they in turn will benefit by the expertise of your demo. I have a fantastic demo by the way!
Old 07-23-2006, 08:10 AM   #23  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
I cannot get over what an awesome deal this is for a stamp camp. The demo I have done scrapbook pages does $10 for a two page spread, or $25 for 4 individual page spreads. Keep hold of this demo if all her camps are this price!!!
Definitely!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 07-23-2006, 08:42 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

the thing that seems odd to me in op's situation is that one guest got something and others did not. and yes perhaps people were not prepared...also to op i agree i would be a horrible sales person lol..i'd be giving away thankyous left and right...i just had a party lite party and was so surprised at the amount of support i had that i hand stamped some thankyou cards (just 3X3's) and when our order comes in i'll be including an extra votive or tealite depending on order size to say thankyou for their orders. it really is to each their own in these situations and while there's plenty of 'givers' there are also others who are much different just goes to show it takes all kinds!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:10 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Honestly I think it would be rude to expect something special for bringing someone to someone elses party (unless it was stated by the demo that goodies would be given to guests). I understand that they purchased a lot, but I am guessing other guests did as well. If the hostess gave all of her benefits away why even be a hostess? I would have put in a smaller order & hosted a workshop or book party of your own so you could have earned some benefits from your order.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

I wanted to add that I do usually give a small gift if a customer at my workshop places a large order, but it's for any customer there & not just guests. I also give away a free stamp set to the hostess for so many bookings, etc.... You if you book a workshop you have a lot of opportunities to earn free stuff beyond what SU offers.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #27  
Stampin' Fool

Reading back it seems to me we are mixing 2 ideas. I think it should be the demo, not the hostess giving things away to build a customer base.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:54 AM   #28  
Glitter Guru

As a customer, any time I wanted to put in a large order, I always did that as a hostess or had my own catalog party with me being the only "guest". If I was a guest at someone else's workshop or even the stamp camp for the demo, I'd put in an order (usually smaller) and save my big order up for later. If I ever got anything extra, it was a surprise, but I never expected anything since every workshop I've ever been to has been Totally Hands On and I always left with stuff. I've had demos who gave out the little incentive stamps just for showing up. It wasn't until I became a demo and saw all the costs involved for all those little incentive stamps that I really appreciated them. I always thought the demo got them really, really cheap or free for being a demo. As a demo, I can see why many don't give out a lot of extras because all those costs really add up! Eventhough it's a nice thing to do and good for possibly building your business, all those costs plus THO supplies, etc. really add up fast and many demonstrators just can't afford it without being in a financial hole all the time.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #29  
SCS Moderator

At the party I give incentive stamps to guests, but all guests get to make 3 projects for free. Other things may be done depending in the size of the order, but that is a case by case basis.

Old 07-23-2006, 10:09 AM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

One of the things that may be confusing to many is that some direct sales companies provide all business materials at cost. For example, the company I worked for gave us all supplies that we used directly with the consumers at their cost. They provided free of charge all business items (order forms, etc.) I did also give things away at my cost, but never enough to make much of a difference to my bottom line. I learned that giving things away was a really great way to increase sales. Since I made 50% on each sale, it was up to me to decide how much I wanted to give to increase my business. I was top salesperson for the company for 3 months out of 12 that year and the CEO wanted to know what I was doing and went over that with a fine tooth comb. Then he asked me to fly to Denver and LA to train other sales people and encourage them to do the same. My downline had the top combined sales for the year and we do not live in a metropolitan area at all. When the CEO passed away suddenly, his children foolishly disbanded a business that had huge potential and was making a profit after only 15 months in business (unheard of!!). I still remember those principles he taught us and how they paid off! I learned so much that year. He felt that well paid sales people would work harder. He never wanted coming into the company to be a risk to anyone. You paid for your initial kit $150 and after you had 10 orders of $100 each he wrote you a refund check for your kit. This was to insure that people really would sell and not use the kit for personal use instead. The man was a genius!!With downline and sales I made more per month by triple of what I can make now with 2 master's degrees. It was hard work, but it was fun. I count that one year of my life as great learning for many other areas of my life.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:24 AM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

I must admit that until I became a SU demonstrator, I had no idea how much those workshops cost the demonstrator. I know not all direct sales work the same. Some have a much larger % income for the demonstrator. Basic costs for a workshop for me (I do 3 hands on projects) add up to quite a lot. If the workshop isn't more than a minimum ($150 in sales), I barely break even. I am not complaining. I love to share SU and I know some workshops will be at this level and that is just the cost of doing business. I just think people should know that if I give a $3.00 gift, after subtracting the cost of projects, gas, the hostess catalog, etc. I have to make at least a $30 sale to be at the break even point. I offer gifts to people who bring guests to my stamp classes because the cost involved there is covered by the class fees, but at a hostess workshop, the hostess is the one getting the perks, and all of the cost of 3 projects is covered by me, not SU. They never send us free things to give out to guests. I think giving each guest 3 free projects is pretty generous and I would be more likely to give the hostess extra stuff for a great workshop than to give something to guests. I always give hostesses something when a guest books a workshop and of course, they get the free catalog and a hostess gift the day of their workshop. I am not trying to make a fortune doing this, but I do like to come home with a bit more than I had when I left.
Roberta
Old 07-23-2006, 10:34 AM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

Wow.... I fell kinda bad after reading some of these responses. I never said I EXPECTED it and I never said a word to anyone, until I wrote it here... not my mom, her friend, my friend or the demo. I was just posting it trying to see what the norm is, and I see that there is no norm, probably what I expected. I'm sorry if some of you inferred that I EXPECTED something. I didn't. I thought this was a friendly forum for asking questions, and getting feedback. Sorry.

Cindy
Old 07-23-2006, 10:37 AM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

Until recently I thought all the supplies for 10 club came from SU and not the demo. I probably thought this because that was how it worked when I was in direct sales. We just sent in a form for what we had used and we got a reimburesement check. My demo encourages us to make extra cards (duplicates) if we have time and so it is possible to leave with 8-10 cards. I see that no one twists her arm to do this. I believe she just loves sharing her stuff so much and knows that we will share back in other ways. I drove her to convention last year!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:00 AM   #34  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelle1974
One of the things that may be confusing to many is that some direct sales companies provide all business materials at cost. For example, the company I worked for gave us all supplies that we used directly with the consumers at their cost. They provided free of charge all business items (order forms, etc.)
We don't really get much of anything for free. We can earn free stamps once in a while, but as for ALL of business related items- our order forms, catties, minis, exchange forms, credit card forms/fees, inspiration sheets, what have ya - it all costs us!!!

Cindy-
It is odd that that one of you got a gift, and not all of you, however, who knows what the demo was thinking!! Myself, I would try to close the party as soon as possible, these ladies want their stuff!!! I am lucky that my orders usually come within 2-3 days after they are shipped, the rest of the country though, has really bad shipping times I am told.

I hope you can find a demo you like, and who works for you- if not time to shop around!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 07-23-2006, 11:07 AM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

If I know someone has brought a guest, I let them pick from my basket of stamps. But sometimes it's impossible to know.

If you had a bad demo (and you know for sure that it was her fault and not due to outside circumstances), then I hope you can find one you like better.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:56 PM   #36  
Gallery Gazer

annabelle what company was it youi workled for? Too bad the owner is still alive, im sure the company would be huge!!

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Old 07-23-2006, 04:20 PM   #37  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynamom
Wow.... I fell kinda bad after reading some of these responses. I never said I EXPECTED it and I never said a word to anyone, until I wrote it here... not my mom, her friend, my friend or the demo. I was just posting it trying to see what the norm is, and I see that there is no norm, probably what I expected. I'm sorry if some of you inferred that I EXPECTED something. I didn't. I thought this was a friendly forum for asking questions, and getting feedback. Sorry.

Cindy
Cindy I hope you aren't offended by any posts here. I didn't take it that you "expected" something-you were just curious what goes on at other parties with other demos. I think we all kind of felt the need to share "why" some demos do or do not do this-it all boils down to the individual and the cost. Some demos have a huge buisness while others are trying to build one. I think its a healthy discussion that has helped many appreciate what their demo's do for them.

anabelle1974-have you considered signing up with Stampin up? You seem to have really taken off in your other venture-who knows where this could lead! Your demo sounds great and I'm sure she'd be a fabulous upline for you to work with.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

It was Resulte' (french for results) and was a cosmetic company that started with manicure/pedicure products and then branched out to lotions and creams.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:33 PM   #39  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime

anabelle1974-have you considered signing up with Stampin up? You seem to have really taken off in your other venture-who knows where this could lead! Your demo sounds great and I'm sure she'd be a fabulous upline for you to work with.
I do love sales very much but 20% just would not be enough to begin to live on. My current job is extremely emotionally demanding and some days I crawl home. There is no way I could do it on the side. Additionally, my family relies on my medical insurance since I have 2 immediate family members with neurological disorders.

But, in another time or place LOL, selling would be something I would really like to do again. I honestly had so much fun that year. I liked the training even more than the selling (the teacher in me!)