Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-06-2005, 07:47 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamp Sets Organization

I am wondering how everyone stores and organizes their stamp sets. I did a search and didnt come up with anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2005, 07:54 AM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Try a search using stamp + organization - make sure you select search all terms. Then select the general discussion forum I did and it popped up sooooooo many threads.
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Also, there is a gallery int he special collections>stampin spaces for pictures of people's stamp rooms and organization...
Studios, Rooms and Craft Closets by barbfarmd at Splitcoaststampers
HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2005, 08:15 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

I converted a hallway closet into my stamp set storage. My husband installed sliding wire baskets (runners screwed to shelf so they pull out like a drawer) that we got from a hardware store (found in the closet organizer section).

Then I organized them by themes. All my sayings, birthday, celebrations, etc. on the top shelf. Flowers and nature on the second shelf, etc. Then I wrote down what was on what shelf and put either a 1, 2, 3, or 4 next to it. One (1) was for the first shelf, 2 for the second shelf, etc.

Then I typed all that information onto my computer and highlighted it and clicked on sort. Now all my sets are on a list in alphabetical order and just right of it is the number telling me which shelf the set is on.

This way if I want a specific set I can look on my list. If I know I want a flower set but not sure which one I want (or even sadder-can't remember all the flower sets I have *Ü*) I can just go to the second shelf and there are all my flower/nature sets to look through.

It sounds like a lot of work but you only do it once. You can add sets and get rid of set - then just go to your computer and delete or add the set. You can print off a new list or just pencil it into your exsisting hard copy.

I have been using this system for about 5 years now and have been real happy with it. I have a lot of sets and fear that I would win if the saying is correct---she who dies with the most sets wins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2005, 08:20 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Here's a link to one thread.

Here's one on stamp rooms

One more on stamp rooms

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2005, 08:36 AM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Thank you all for your help. I am new to this so BEAR with me. I am going to take a look.
Reply With Quote Likes