Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-22-2004, 04:54 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 50th Wedding Anniversary favor

Does anyone have some great idea for a favor for a 50th wedding anniversary using SU! products? A lady called me today and I have been searching fast and furiously - would appreciate any other ideas that might be out there floating around!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2004, 06:56 PM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I have seen really cute favors made using snack sized Hershey tyype candy bars. Cut a piece of lightweight paper (or lightweight cardstock) the same size as the original candy wrapper....paper could be color to match a theme or just plain white. Then stamp on the section of the CS that would be the top of the candy bar - using gold metallic ink or gold embossing powder, stamp wedding bells, the number 50, congratulations, best wishes, or whatever stamp you have that would be appropriate for a wedding. Then wrap the cardstock around the candy bar (may need to remove original wrapper, leaving only the foil) and tape it together on the back.
Susy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2004, 07:14 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

you could also use mailing labels and use a wheel to decorate, then they are sticking and you just wrap them around the mini candy bar.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2004, 07:43 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Another idea would be to decorate a small piece of paper with wedding bells and the name of the couple in gold and then attach it to those small bottles of bubbles, inexpensive but nice....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2004, 08:18 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

As my house has been the wedding planning center for a while now ( 4 weddings in 3 years! lol) we've been making a TON of favors. You can purchase the small cello bags and fill them with whatever.. then make toppers for them using whatever cardstock and stamp set you like. Roses In Winter would be beautiful for this or the Love Swirls Stampin' Around Wheel. Also, there are several types of favor boxes. You can make the kind that look like a small milk carton with a ribbon around the top. Then you fill them with whatever you want. You can go a step further and use your square punch and acetate to make a window to see in. Hang a tag with their names and date? You can also make square favor boxes and fill them. You can also put a scratch lotto ticket in a small cello bag and print labels to seal it saying "Lucky In Love" and stamp them. If you want pictures of anything feel free to email or PM me. Um, if I think of anything else I will let you know.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinwithjoleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2004, 08:29 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Default favor

I went to a wedding yesterday. We got something that could be adapted to stamping. It was a little packet of flower seeds. They had used parchment type paper and the bride and groom's photo and names were on it, along with the date. On the back flap it said "Forget-me-not" and there are seeds for that flower inside. They also had a cello bag w/Hershey kisses in the wedding colors (purple and silver) tied w/a bow. You could use the gold wrapped kind w/ a gold bow. They had these small favors in a tiny gift bag at every seat during the banquet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2004, 03:46 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Default 50th wedding favors

Oh boy ladies, you've really got the ideas started! Will start on some ideas this afternoon! If you think of anything else - just share! I should have had ideas like this already made up - in case someone did ask about favors! Well, now I know! Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2004, 05:06 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We made a ton of marble magnets for my sister's reception. I custom-designed a monogram for her, and we printed those off on my laser, and then we stamped on that. The monogram was in black, and we did Filigree background, I think, behind that in Rose Romance. They were individually packaged in cello bags and tied up with organdy ribbon. Very quick and easy.

Of course, we could not leave it at that. . .we did the amazing folding album for her wedding program (jeeez, try making 200 of THOSE babies!), but after spending hours and hours embossing the monogram on vellum for her invitations . . . . .

The response to our creations was phenomenal! Everyone loved them!

HTH,
Jenn
She with no fun title
Reply With Quote Likes