Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-01-2004, 06:53 PM   #121  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default My "other" life

I'm a librarian/archivist at a small midwestern family-owned newspaper in Wisconsin! I archive the newspaper into a database for posting on the web site and for use in the office by news editors and reporting staff. I also assist reporting staff with searches. I am a "preserver of history" - today's news is tomorrow's history!

I have a Master's Degree in Library & Information Science ('95) and 2 undergrad degrees... history and English.

I have a simply wonderful husband and 4 lovely cats ("children") and a stamp art studio with a few hundred rubber stamps - neatly organized by the Dewey Decimal System (just kidding!)
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-01-2004, 07:43 PM   #122  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi! What a great way to see just how diverse we are and how much we have in common! I teach full-time in a graduate school of theology, mom to 3 DD's (24,22,19) and have been blissfully happy in a 31 year marriage! I found out about SU from a student. Now we are both demonstrators! What great fun!
Old 07-01-2004, 09:03 PM   #123  
Glitter Queen

After being a SAHM for several years, I returned last year to teaching 4th grade here in Norman, Oklahoma! (Just have to say BOOMER SOONER! LOL!)
Old 07-02-2004, 06:13 AM   #124  
Stazon Splitcoast

Love the thread...

Well, I'm Betsy, I'm a SAHM once again. I had stayed home for several years with my adorable son and then went back to work managing an upscale ladies' clothing store two years ago, a field totally unrelated to any prior experience! Must have been my forte though because I managed to take the store from dead last to #1 in a matter of months...coulda just been from my own buying??? LOL

Anyway, a year ago I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Not the kind like on West Wing, the kind with remissions, but the kind where there's a constant progression of disabilities. So, nowadays I find myself staying home more often than not! It's been interesting how it affects my stamping, as I have always stood to stamp and now that doesn't work!

I enjoy you all so much, and have totally loved being part of the RAK group. It's been uncanny how the cards have all come to my mailbox on days when I needed them!

I'm thinking of doing the demo thing soon...

Hugs,
Betsy
Old 08-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #125  
Crimping Master

Location: I live in North Texas, but my heart remains in New Mexico.
Default Job

Hello, I've been lurking for a while now; this is my first post. I'm married with 5 cats. I'm an engineer with Texas Instruments in Dallas, making chips for cell phones. I'm not especially creative, so I borrow many great ideas from people here. I find that the creativity (even when it isn't mine) of stamping adds a nice balance to the engineering and keeps me feeling balanced...and sane.

I love this site!!! Thanks for sharing soooooo many great ideas!!

Chipchick...aka Erin
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2006, 12:16 AM   #126  
Mad Swapper

Hello,

I am the wife of a Nurse in the Air Force. My hubby enjoys his job working in a family clinic. I stay at home with our 3 children. My oldest is 14 Jordan will be going into high school this year. Hard to believe! Regan is soon to be 7 and will be in the 1st grade. Our youngest we were very blessed to be able to adopt domestically here in the US from Tulsa Oklahoma she is 3 and her name is Erin. We also have a very sweet golden retriever.

I use stamping to help me get through the winters here and lets be honest I don't put down all year long .
Old 08-12-2006, 02:51 AM   #127  
Mad Swapper

Talking this is fun!

good morning!
how fun this is to read about everyone. faces are familiar, but it's funny how you never associate people with doing other things than what you are doing, sitting on the message board! LOL
this place starts and ends my day. in between, i am married to a wonderful man for 24 years, i have 3 daughters, Jessica(23), she's an accountant, Sarah(21) just graduated from J&W as a pastry chef.(had 3 job interviews this week, keep your toes,eyes and fingers crossed) and certainly not lastly is Caitlin(19) and went to one year of college said "NOPE" and has thrown herself into the world of working(she is a waitstaff at a catering hall and LOVES it)
i am a mom,(first) and secondly i work full time as a bank teller. i have been one for 10 years and i really like it 95% of the time. promotions come and go, i am happy working with the public (i like to laugh and joke with the customers etc..)
i cake decorate on the side( used to do it professionally but 7 days a week was too much, messing up the family unity),i love cake decorating. doing 2 wedding cakes next month.(yup, made the cards)
i LOVE stamping. i have been doing it for a long time and stampin up has been for the last 6 years. i am a GREAT customer and so happy i found this board. the talent and creativity is amazing. i am in awe of such detail and precision of design with so many of the cards.
ok, who's next...
Old 08-12-2006, 04:23 AM   #128  
Stampin' Fool

This is a great thread! I love hearing about everyone's jobs.

I am a R & D Engineer (Research and Development). I studied Engineering Physics / Materials Science in college, and my mom couldn't believe that I was such a good and creative stamper when I was also so good at Math and Science.

I love my job (hobby) as a demo for SU! also, even though I only work at it a few times a month... most of my crafting is just for personal enjoyment and making cards to send to people.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:53 AM   #129  
Pearl-ExPert

Like Shelley and ajcmeyer, I'm married to the military. DH has been in the AF for almost 20 years. We've lived in NC, CA, MI, TX, KS, GA, ID, SD, and OH. Makes a career difficult, but I have a masters in English and my favorite jobs were teaching college English. I've also worked as a technical writer/editor for Micron Technology. For the last 7 years, I been a SAHM to Nick, who starts first grade this fall, and Jack (age 4) who starts in a developmental preschool this fall. I'm hoping to have a little quiet time each week to work on my novel. It'll be hard not to take that time to stamp, though!

Thanks to all who've shared their stories here--it's so nice getting to know you all!

Susan
Old 08-12-2006, 05:09 AM   #130  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm a lawyer for the US Department of Education. I handle special education issues. Before that, I ran the ethics department for the agency, did environmental law at the Dept of Justice and was a legal aid lawyer for 10 years.

I'm also a mom and wife!
Old 08-12-2006, 05:27 AM   #131  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm a Bookmobile driver and trainer for our County Library. I love to read so its the perfect job for me. I use to be a school bus driver, 18 wheeler over the road driver, donut maker, restaurant chef,pizza parlor manager...I have a 12 year old son (had him late in life,3 and have been married this time for 17 years. Been a demo since Feb.

Now whos next?
Old 08-12-2006, 06:10 AM   #132  
Die Cut Diva

Default Gov't beancounter

I earn my daily bread as a Sr. Financial Analyst for the Alberta Gov't. This means I do some number crunching, but mostly give advise and keep people within the accounting rules so the Auditors don't get *issy. I also have the luxury of travelling around the province to meet people and "negotiate my opinion so that they agree".

I have been married for 29 years (to the same man) and have 2 grown kids, a dog and a cat who both think they are the boss. DH works up north in Fort McMurray so we get weekends together.

I get really cranky when work interrupts stamp time, like when I have spent too many hours on the computer and my back hurts too much to stamp. But, only 9 more years to retirement. Think I can last?
Old 08-12-2006, 06:33 AM   #133  
SCS Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginapier
Well I was a credit analyst until YESTERDAY I was promoted to Supervisor I handle the credit and collection efforts for the entire Canadian region, supervise the West, South, and Northeast regions. I work for a company that manufacture the scanners that read barcodes.

End of quarter is extremely stressful but we made our goal $254million! already forecasting dolllares for 3rd quarter! never ends.....

Hubby was in the Navy when we met, now works for the FAA at JFK airport.
UPDATE:

I cannot believe this original post above was from July 2004! I have since been promoted again (July 2005) and I am now the International Finance Manager for the company. I manage the collections team located in the Czech Republic headquarters which is quite a challenge since I reside in NY.

I am responsible for managing, forecasting and bringing in approximately $60million USD a month for the Int'l receivable in the following countries: The EURO block (France, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Austria) South Africa, United Kingdom, Denmark, Sweden, & Czech Republic

My skymiles have skyrocketed as I have traveled almost monthly to Europe(London, Paris, Amsterdam, Germany, Prague...) However I have found "Be careful what you wish for.." couldn't be more true. No one knows more than I about lost luggage, 10 1/2 flights, jet lag, stress, oh and I have since developed an extreme fear of flying- no need to explain why!

Luckily with recent events, travel overseas has ceased for a while, until we let our guards down again. Crazy world we live in these.

Goin on 11 years of marriage to my hubby and no kids... yet. We were concentrating on careers and blinked our eyes- 11 years passed us by. By the way, I have a commercial art degree (and ended up in Finance)...hahah
Old 08-12-2006, 07:53 AM   #134  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi everyone - I was a budget manager for a government agency until we moved from Cal to FL two years ago. We were able to swing it so that I no longer have to work. I'll be eligible to draw retirement in 2 years - so I guess that just makes me unemployed!! My DH refers to me as the "kept woman" !
Old 08-12-2006, 12:06 PM   #135  
Glitter Queen

I work for a web based company in the UK that makes babies and childrens gifts. I love my job. I spend my day tissueing and wrapping and ribboning the very cute baby gifts. We all go gaga when new stock comes in. If anyone wants to check out the site it's www.bundlesofjoy-shopping.co.uk . I am married to Pete, we got married 18months ago in Las Vegas. My first trip to USA and we loved it. Saving to go back. I have a 12 year old daughter from my 1st marriage.
I love stampin up products and they are very hard to come by in UK.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:44 PM   #136  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, this is a fun thread! I am now a stay at home mom of 4 great kids, 17, going into senior year; 14, just staring high school; 9, going into 4th grade and 7, going into 3rd grade. My most favorite job that I have held was the job I held before moving to Maryland to be with the love of my life. Before this I was a steam train engineer on the Walt Disney World Railroad..yep, the one that runs around the Magic Kingdom in Florida! I actually engineered the train (drove it and fired it). I loved my job but decided that being with the man I love more then life was worth giving up that great job..lol. We are now getting married in 12 days!
I started stamping 3 years ago when I got a stamp set from my mom "All Aboard" so that I could stamp cards for my fellow train folks. I have been hooked ever since then! I love it! Not a demo, but thinking about doing it! Love hearing about all of you!

Lisa
Old 08-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #137  
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

As for me, I'm now disabled, but worked in the banking industry (upper management) for 20+ years.

I am now owned by the cat, when I'm not schlepping kids around... or making cards

I am also a sketch artist and I work in gel mediums (I make mandelas).

I'm also married 24 years with four sons ages 23,18,14 and 12.

Peace
Old 08-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #138  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
Oh, this is a fun thread! I am now a stay at home mom of 4 great kids, 17, going into senior year; 14, just staring high school; 9, going into 4th grade and 7, going into 3rd grade. My most favorite job that I have held was the job I held before moving to Maryland to be with the love of my life. Before this I was a steam train engineer on the Walt Disney World Railroad..yep, the one that runs around the Magic Kingdom in Florida! I actually engineered the train (drove it and fired it). I loved my job but decided that being with the man I love more then life was worth giving up that great job..lol. We are now getting married in 12 days!
I started stamping 3 years ago when I got a stamp set from my mom "All Aboard" so that I could stamp cards for my fellow train folks. I have been hooked ever since then! I love it! Not a demo, but thinking about doing it! Love hearing about all of you!

Lisa
How awesome is that!!! I've never been there, but its on my list.

I am a 8th grade science teacher. This is my first year in 8th after having taught 7th for 9 years. I have already returned to work and my students arrive on Wed. I have been married for 6 years. As we speak, my DH has decided to reorg the living room for the first time in 6 years. We have a 3 1/2 yr. old son and a 16 mo. old daughter. My son started preschool on Wed. and my daughter stays at a at home daycare with 2 little girls whose parents both work with me.

Jeanette
Old 08-12-2006, 01:27 PM   #139  
Stampin' Fool

Missed the thread the first go around but I loved reading what everyone posted. This summer I'm working full time at the veterinary library at Oregon State University. During the school year I'm a overtime student at the veterinary college. I see that there are several librarians and a few people connected to veterinary medicine which is neat. I'm still attempting to trap some of my classmates into my addiction.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #140  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by redheaded witch
I'm a Bookmobile driver and trainer for our County Library. I love to read so its the perfect job for me. I use to be a school bus driver, 18 wheeler over the road driver, donut maker, restaurant chef,pizza parlor manager...I have a 12 year old son (had him late in life,3 and have been married this time for 17 years. Been a demo since Feb.

Now whos next?

This is so interesting! I didn't realize they still had bookmobiles. I grew up living at the top of a large court. Once a week (I think) the bookmobile parked at the bottom of the court. We couldn't wait to go down and see what they had! I read all of the Laura Ingalls Wilder books. Our area became very metropolitan, they built lots of local libraries, and the bookmobile disappeared by the time I was in junior high. I'm so glad to hear they are still alive and running!

Well, I'm another math person. I haven't read all of the posts, but I've seen quite a few of this persuasion. I teach high school Honors Algebra II and Advanced Placement Statistics these days. I really love teaching these kids! This will be my 27th year (took off two years when my second was born). My DH retired from teaching math in the public schools and now he teaches at the community college. They are always asking him when I will come there to teach Statistics. It seems no one wants to teach it. Three more years until I can "retire" and teach there. It will be quite a few more years before the kids college is paid off. I have a 19 year old son who can't manage his money, and a daughter who just turned sweet 16. Yes, I'm taking her driving. Between the two of them, I think I am going to have a heart attack.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #141  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithane
Well, I'm another math person. I haven't read all of the posts, but I've seen quite a few of this persuasion. I teach high school Honors Algebra II and Advanced Placement Statistics these days. I really love teaching these kids! This will be my 27th year (took off two years when my second was born). My DH retired from teaching math in the public schools and now he teaches at the community college.
Another math person here, too! I work in educational publishing as a freelance math editor/writer. I do contract work for a few different companies, with jobs varying from editing an elementary school math book, to editing college-level math software, to writing math test items for all grades K thru 12. I work from home, which I love, but I frequently spend way too much time on SCS which results in me cramming to meet deadlines. Like right now...
Old 08-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #142  
Hardware Hotshot

I am a very part time Labor and Delivery nurse here in VA. I work about 3 weekend night shifts per month. Mostly I am a SAHM and army wife, church volunteer and stamper!
Megan arrived 3/16/09
Old 08-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #143  
Matboard Maniac

What a fun thread this is!

I'm work for our city government as the Legal Administrative Assistant, which really means office manager, budget specialist, claims adjuster, municipal code codifier, and support of 6 staff attorneys (with the assistance of a half time legal assistant). Thankfully, all the attorneys use their computers very well and can do a lot for themselves! I have been at this job for 16 years and prior to that worked for a private practice law firm for 3 years, and for the county prosecuting attorney for 12 years. I'm also a retired Stampin' Up! demonstrator, who is now a very, very good customer. )

I have 2 grown children (33 and 30), an awesome daughter-in-law, and the world sweetest grandson (almost 9) - and last but not least, my incredible husband of 34 years.

Kerry
Old 08-12-2006, 02:55 PM   #144  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons2
Am I the only retiree on this BB? Surely not. I'm an "early" retiree and was able to turn in my Human Resources badge at a community college in Southwest Florida about 4 years ago and have never regreted a minute of it. My husband and I had a friend who died at a fairly young age and we looked at each other and said "let's eat beans and enjoy life" and we have. We summer in the cool lush mountains of Western NC and winter in the wonderful warm sun of SW Florida. How can you beat that? Let's hear from other "young" retirees
I have a "retirement" clock sitting on my computer desk -- 860 days to go (more or less). Looking forward to the time when I can stay home and stamp to my heart's content.

In the meantime, I work for an association management company. I'm the bookkeeper for eight trade associations -- have been in this business for about 28 years. It's a very stressful job -- did you ever have to deal with a bunch of volunteers? Stamping is my outlet for this stress in the evening and on weekends.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #145  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Great thread!

My first job is a wife to Donnie (21 years last Monday) and mother to my 19 yo son Dustin who attends a local college (so you guessed it....I'm still mothering!).
I work full-time as an Office Professional for the Dow Chemical Co. in a mfg. plant. I love my job. The plant I work in is small - so my co-workers are also close friends.
I also spends lots of time on SCS - I do stamp a bit, but it seems lately that I mostly collect stamps!
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Old 08-12-2006, 04:43 PM   #146  
Inking Addict

Talking What do I do?

Hey everyone!
Love this thread! We have some great careers here. I am a proofreader with Housetrends magazine. It's in 10 markets: Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, Cleveland, Indianapolis, N. Virginia, Charlotte, Tampa, Palm Beach and Sarasota. It focuses on home improvement, redecorating trends, that kind of thing. I was also a surrogate mother, having delivered 3 sets of twins for 2 wonderful couples. I have 3 daughters, 17, 15 and 14 (I'm doomed, I know). Been married for 18 years to Pete, who works at Fernald here in Ohio. That's it! Keep the posts coming! Love to hear what you all do!
Old 08-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #147  
Insane Embellisher

What a fun thread! I have been a real estate appraiser for the past 14+ years and I work out of my home. My office is my stamping space, so I sometimes feel guilty when stamping if there is work on my desk that I SHOULD be doing...but sometimes you just need a break. I've been married (this time) for 8 years, with no kids yet (but having fun trying), and love my job. DH is currently working towards his Doctorate of Chiropractic, at which time he says I can retire and stamp to my heart's content - not a bad deal!

Q

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter
Old 08-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #148  
Matboard Maniac

This is a fun thread to contribute to
I'm an eye doctor -graduated 3 years ago and practicing in southern california currently. I am only working 4 days a week and spend rest of the time stamping or "acquring" stamps that I think I need
Old 08-12-2006, 05:11 PM   #149  
Matboard Maniac

This is a great thread! I am another math person, too! I teach 8th grade math(this is my second year in 8th), and taught 7th grade for 6 years. I have two wonderful little girls~6 and 3, which will probably be the death of my sanity when they hit puberty! =-) This is my third catty from SU, and I LOVE IT! I have been a night manager for TCBY, worked the fountain at Sonic, and worked with two and three year olds in a daycare. I make the best ice cream cones when we go out~tall and sturdy! =-)

Mary Alice
Old 08-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #150  
Insane Embellisher

I'm amazed this thread "slept" for so long before cropping up again...

I work for a Customs Brokerage firm as supervisor of the import department. It would be a bit boring to explain what we actually do as customs brokers but I basically train people, develop procedures and create manuals/tutorials, run interference (or interfere depending on the day!) between our department and other departments and fix problems as they crop up (which seems like a gazillion times a day!!!) It can be very stressful as our industry is inundated with government regulations and there are strict timelines on what we do. Most of the time I love it and the people I supervise are an amazing team. I'm very proud of them and of our department as a whole. It can get a little crazy some days and I get a lot of headaches but there's never a dull moment and the time flies while I'm at work.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #151  
Stazon Splitcoast

Someone asked if there were retirees here. I certainly qualify - I retired from teaching (high school French) in '92, the same year dh retired from teaching science. We have always loved to travel, and in 2000 we sold our home and became fulltime rvers -there are thousands of us around!

We have the best of everything - winter in AZ, summer in Colorado (usually) - we sometimes even take our house along to visit our 2 married children, and 6 grandkids. Our 50th anniversary will be next June.

I am as addicted to SCS and stamping as most of you - just have to do it in crowded quarters. DH has said, only partially joking, that I got rid of pots and pans in order to store more stamps!!

Nice "meeting" many of you - sometimes it is nice to be impersonal, but also nice to know a bit more about you.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Old 08-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #152  
Crimping Master

Location: I am a Utah desert rat! I fry in the summer, but, oh, the winters are spectacular!

I am a high school English teacher and a content writer for web sites. I am the adviser to the art and literary magazine at my school as well. I love what I do because there is never a dull moment. When I am at home, I do my own writing (I've been published!) and take care of my pooch, Tiramisu. Of course, I stamp whenever I can.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:06 PM   #153  
Matboard Maniac

I am a CPA - primarily working on audits but also do some tax work during that time of year! I've been at my current employer for a little over 6 years now, and am perfectly happy with what I do 95% of the time - there's always that little voice in the back of my head that thinks I should have been a teacher instead. I also volunteer at our local arts center as an usher/ticket taker/etc. 2-3 times each month, and I serve on the boards of both a local senior citizen center and my sorority's house corporation. Oh yeah, and I bowl year round and am secretary for both leagues I am on.

My avatar is my darling niece Emma!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #154  
Matboard Maniac

Oh, and I'm "mom" to my chihuahua Snickers, although I think he runs my life more than I do his....

My avatar is my darling niece Emma!
Old 08-12-2006, 07:14 PM   #155  
Stampin' Fool

was working in germany in human resources.

now iam a stay at home mom for my two boys lucas almost 3 and niklas 7 months and most of the times i love it.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:07 PM   #156  
Mad Swapper

Talking You are not alone!

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttons2
Am I the only retiree on this BB? Surely not. I'm an "early" retiree and was able to turn in my Human Resources badge at a community college in Southwest Florida about 4 years ago and have never regreted a minute of it. My husband and I had a friend who died at a fairly young age and we looked at each other and said "let's eat beans and enjoy life" and we have. We summer in the cool lush mountains of Western NC and winter in the wonderful warm sun of SW Florida. How can you beat that? Let's hear from other "young" retirees
I also handed in my badge (and laptop, and blackberry, and all that other junk) and took "early retirement" last September. Up until then I was the Media Manager for a multinational medical equipment company that manufactures, sells and services radiation oncology products. Way too much pressure, way too toxic, way to many corporate jerks at that level.

My wonderful husband and daughter graciously agreed to live on a tight budget in order to give me a "year off", and I will be looking for another job once my high schooler returns to classes in September. Hope to find something less stressful with a great employee discount - can you say The Container Store or Williams Sonoma?

I was 57 at the time, so don't know if you consider that young enough. But it has been a great year!

Sandi
Old 08-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #157  
Die Cut Diva

This is a great idea for a thread. It's really neat to get to know everyone on a more personal level besides what is your favorite stamp set .
Well my Name is Emily...Who whould have though LOL, I'm 21, I've been married for a little over 3 years to a wonderful man that I started when I was 15. No kids yet unless you want to count my little baby in my avatar(thats Reese). I currently don't have a job. My hubby was in a car accident(completely the other persons fault) a while back and his doc still won't let him go back to work. It totaled the car, and our other one broke down so I can't work either(we live about 15 min from town so busses aren't an option either). But hopefully we will get a settlement soon, or we may have to go to court which could take another year. Sorry, I did'nt mean to be so negative...But on the bright side, I have my stamps and SCS to keep me happy...LOL.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:44 PM   #158  
Kookie Creator

I am a SAHM of 3 boys ages 8, 4 and 2 1/2. My "other job" is being a Foster Mom (hardly a job since it doesn't really pay). I currently have a 2 year old girl (pink laundry!) who we may be able to adopt. My 2 youngest boys are adopted foster children! I have been a hobby SU demo for about 3 years and stamp in what little spare time I can find .

-Alta
Old 08-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #159  
Stampin' Fool

Wow!!What a great thread. And an old one too..... I was a Nuclear Pipefitter working for the US Navy at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. That is where I met my DH of 13 years. I had to resign when I was diagnosed with Graves disease and Diabetes. I started stamping in 1999 and became a SU demo in 2001. I love it. It is what makes me the happiest....besides doing life with my wonderful DH.