Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Question What's your favorite SU! FLORAL Stamp Set?

I'm not a big fan of flowers or anything floral, but I do think it's about time I invested in a floral stamp set of some sort. I only buy Stampin Up! stamps, and am wondering.....

What's your favorite floral SU! stamp set...most versatile use for it?

Thanks!
Kelli
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

One of my favorites is retired - Fifth Avenue Floral Set. I've had my eye on the Stippled Blossom set. I also really like the Mixed Blossom set but I think it's because I have the punch and set.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:36 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

I can't have one favorite...just too many to love but two of my top choices are Stippled Blossoms and Regarding Dahlias and I'll tell you why. Stippled Blossoms is very feminine and slightly old-fashioned (which I love!) and Regarding Dahlias is more contemporary and lends itself well to CAS designs. It can take center stage or become a background piece.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

I like the flower in blooming with kindness. I got it when they offered it as a single. If there is one you really like that is current the retired list will be out later this month, April 21. If you don't want retired stamps you may want to wait until the new catalog comes out. Or if you really don't care if a set is retired and you want the set be sure to get it by the end of May.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:56 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

When it comes to the florals, Stampin Up did such wonderful sets in the 1990's that I don't think can compare to the ones they make today. I have about a half dozen of the sets from this time period that I have refused to get rid of because they are so beautiful. My favorite set is so old, it has been purged from the gallery. It's the 1997 set Definitely Decorative Regal Rose. It is a 2 step stamping set and was tremendously popular in it's time which was shortly after SU came out with the 2 step sets. My second favorite has also been purged & is another 2 step roses set named the Definitely Decorative Cottage Rose from 1999. It is similar to the "A Rose is a Rose" set which is still in the gallery. My third favorite is a 1998 - 2 step set named Definitely Decorative Hydrangea. The only example of it I can find in the gallery is not a very good one - it's of mine that I recently made: Stash Buster by Skippet - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

It is a shame that so many of the older great classic sets have been purged. Even though I have never been any good at 2 step stamping, I think I will just have to dig out my ancient sets & make some cards so these sets won't be totally forgotten.

Because they are so old, these 3 sets usually go very cheap on e-bay - most of the time under $10 to &15.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkippetView Post
When it comes to the florals, Stampin Up did such wonderful sets in the 1990's that I don't think can compare to the ones they make today. I have about a half dozen of the sets from this time period that I have refused to get rid of because they are so beautiful. My favorite set is so old, it has been purged from the gallery. It's the 1997 set Definitely Decorative Regal Rose. It is a 2 step stamping set and was tremendously popular in it's time which was shortly after SU came out with the 2 step sets. My second favorite has also been purged & is another 2 step roses set named the Definitely Decorative Cottage Rose from 1999. It is similar to the "A Rose is a Rose" set which is still in the gallery. My third favorite is a 1998 - 2 step set named Definitely Decorative Hydrangea. The only example of it I can find in the gallery is not a very good one - it's of mine that I recently made: Stash Buster by Skippet - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

It is a shame that so many of the older great classic sets have been purged. Even though I have never been any good at 2 step stamping, I think I will just have to dig out my ancient sets & make some cards so these sets won't be totally forgotten.

Because they are so old, these 3 sets usually go very cheap on e-bay - most of the time under $10 to &15.
Slightly OT from the original post, but I would very surprised if anything had been purged from the gallery! SCS only started in 2004 so not all the sets previous to that have their own specific galleries, which does make it harder to find cards, but they are there!
I knew I had seen quite a few with that hydrangea set, for example: here are a couple ~
first upload by redsabby518 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Happy Birthday by WeimFamily - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
DD Hyrdrangea Tag by SOS - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Old 04-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

My favorites have all retired. I am not a flowery type of person, yet I have quite a few sets. So yes, I think you need some flower sets. I tend to like sweet, more whimsical flowers.

My faves from a by gone time are Awash With Flowers, Sweet Stems, & Pick-a-Petal.

I also like botanicals like Organic Grace and silhouettes.

Current sets I like are Summer Silhouettes-pg. 127, Bright Blossoms-pg. 89, Pleasant Poppies-pg. 75, & The flower in Serene Silhouettes,-pg. 64.

I have seriously considered all of the current sets I have mentioned, but I have about 10 flower sets I rarely use the way it is. I like two-step stamping, and Bright Blossoms is a fun little set to use. I have used it at workshops.

I really love the two-step flower in Summer Silhouettes and really wanted to buy it, but I really don't care for the other images in the set.

Good luck in your search!
Old 04-08-2014, 04:09 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

I'm not big on florals, either, but I use Bloomin' with Kindness often and Flower Shop is fun with the variety of styles and it matches with a punch so you can make a whole garden quickly.
Mary Beth
Old 04-08-2014, 04:25 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

My current favorites are Stippled Blossoms and Summer Silhouettes. The more I use them, the more I love them!

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/
Old 04-08-2014, 09:46 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Summer Silhouettes is my absolute current favorite, but I also like Stippled Blossoms, and the new Peaceful Petals is pretty too.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 04-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #11  
Glitter Queen

Stippled Rose is my all-time flower favorite.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

I did not like flowers or butterflies when I started Stampin' Up!…now I LOVE them! This is a toughie for me…I really love the flower and sentiments in Gifts of Kindness, same with Regarding Dahlias. If you just want flowers and don't need sentiments, Flower Shop (with matching punch), Summer Silhouettes and Stippled Blossoms are amazing! It also totally depends on the style you're looking for. Stippled Blossoms is definitely the most realistic but some of the others are really fun. The flowers in Everything Eleanor are also really pretty although my #1 image in that set is the fabulous flourish! Totally depends on you and what you're needing to fill a hole in your crafting stash!
Old 04-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Upsey Daisy!!! One of my all time favs. Very versatile. I have used for birthday, sympathy, get well, and just because. It looks great in any color, and daisies are always cheerful, even if you don't particularly like them.

Jennik
Old 04-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Roses in Winter
Oriental Gardens
terrific Tulips
are a few I still use and love.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

For current sets, I love Secret Garden and use it often. I especially like that there is a die set that matches it. I just uploaded a card I did with it using the reinker spread technique to my gallery here on SCS . . .
Old 04-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Upsy Daisy, so versatile, and the miniature version that was in the Best of Flowers set.