Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What's your favorite "NON" Christmas set that you like to use for Christmas cards? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/whats-your-favorite-non-christmas-set-you-like-use-christmas-cards-583400/)

maslex 01-23-2014 02:42 PM

What's your favorite "NON" Christmas set that you like to use for Christmas cards?

And I'm not talking about Lovely as a Tree. ;) I know there are MANY Christmas cards that use that set. But I'm looking for something different. I was recently on Pinterest and found this card.... 2014 Occasions Catalog Sneak Peek Blog Hop - Patty's Stamping Spot where she used the Petite Petals stamp set and matching punch. (scroll down to the 3rd picture) I LOVE this card. So clean and simple!

Just looking for other ideas on more Christmas cards that use non traditional Christmas sets.

Wanna share?

SophieLaFontaine 01-23-2014 03:16 PM

Um, well, I LOVE Halloween, so I love stamping witches and then putting "Best witches for a Merry Christmas" and then colouring the witches' dresses in Christmas colours. I also have this dead-looking, twisted Halloween tree, and I like hanging little candy canes from it.

For more general ideas, I like using any critter stamp and sticking a Santa hat on it (easy enough to draw), or any critter with clothes - I just colour an item of clothing (like the shirt of pants) with diagonal red stripes like a candy cane...

QueenOfInkland 01-23-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine (Post 20498861)
Um, well, I LOVE Halloween, so I love stamping witches and then putting "Best witches for a Merry Christmas" and then colouring the witches' dresses in Christmas colours. I also have this dead-looking, twisted Halloween tree, and I like hanging little candy canes from it.

For more general ideas, I like using any critter stamp and sticking a Santa hat on it (easy enough to draw), or any critter with clothes - I just colour an item of clothing (like the shirt of pants) with diagonal red stripes like a candy cane...

How fun!!!! I'm another Halloween lover and I would never have thought of using any of my Halloween stamps for xmas. And I like the idea of hanging things from some tree that isn't a xmas tree. I'll have to give your ideas a try for xmas 2014.

SophieLaFontaine 01-23-2014 08:28 PM

Haha, I actually did this first out of desperation. My very first stamp sets were Halloween sets and Christmas sets from Stampin' Up!. I made tons of Halloween cards and then tons of Christmas cards that first year! At the end of all my Christmas handwritten messages on the inside of the cards, I also wrote "Merry Christmas from the Halloween gang"! I had this ghost (all of these were cutesy images, nothing gory) rising up behind a tombstone - I also had him holding up little candy canes. And then after that for Valentine's day, I used the gingerbread man and woman from the Christmas set to make Valentine's Day cards...