Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Whats your favorite Adhesive?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/whats-your-favorite-adhesive-161693/)

JustStarting2Stamp 07-04-2006 07:32 PM

Whats your favorite Adhesive??

There is so much new "adhesive technology" out there, why can't I seem to break away from GLUE STICKS!!

I'm sure there are so many better adhesives that last longer and are more permanent........what are your favorites????

P.S. What do I use on organdy ribbon?? Organdy + glue sticks = enemies!!

Thanks in advance.....
Jen

CowgirlCreations 07-04-2006 07:36 PM

There has been alot of chat about the Mono Multi liquid glue in the green tube- not the blue tube...I am going to buy some to try out. You can check penwa.com or scrapbookpals.com ... also scroll all the way down under your thread and you'll find related threads- maybe you could get in on some of the other discussions and read what has been said about them.

I've been using the mono tape runner-but like many others my projects fall apart after a while- THAT's embarrassing!

StampinChrissylea 07-04-2006 07:48 PM

I'm loving the mono multi. I am annoyed with mono adhesive. I've gone to double stick tape from scotch or 'duck' brand tape runner. I get it at Joanns or wally world.

lindalee 07-04-2006 07:51 PM

I've started using the Duck brand permanent Easy Stick adhesive. It's a tape runner like the Mono but it sticks great. I got it at Walmart first and then ordered a couple of cases from a distributor. It comes in boxes of 4 so it lasts a long time. I've used the liquid Mono Multi for years in scrapbooking--it's OK but it's a liquid and you can get some warping if you aren't careful. But once you stick it down, it's there forever!

StampinChrissylea 07-04-2006 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindalee
I've started using the Duck brand permanent Easy Stick adhesive. It's a tape runner like the Mono but it sticks great. I got it at Walmart first and then ordered a couple of cases from a distributor. It comes in boxes of 4 so it lasts a long time. I've used the liquid Mono Multi for years in scrapbooking--it's OK but it's a liquid and you can get some warping if you aren't careful. But once you stick it down, it's there forever!

Was there a significant savings on the duck this way and can you share the distributor? If not that's fine..but several of my friends use this too and I'm curious if we could get a bulk deal somehow...

kraftkris 07-04-2006 08:23 PM

love the duck....

I was recently introduced to the duck at a scrapbook class that I took. LOVE it! WOrks great for everything.....and cheap too!

AmandaCalloway 07-04-2006 08:26 PM

I use Scotch Double Sided tape and buy it from Sams! I used it for all kinds of projects and just recently started using it in my scrapbooks. You can pull your project up if it is not right. I also bought a desktop tape dispensor and just put the rolls in their. Anyone else use it to scrapbook?

emilymomto3boys 07-04-2006 08:34 PM

Mono Multi rocks my world. It isn't coming up like regular mono. If you wanted to take it apart it would rip the paper. Now that's the kind of glue I want holding the stuff I made for loved ones. Nothing falling apart in the mail from me!

Suzyq01 07-04-2006 08:35 PM

I also LOVE the duck brand. Since we can no longer find it at our wally world, I went in halvesies with lindalee (my rubber pimp) - great deal and we split shipping. I have no more fear of running out of adhesive... :-D

CowgirlCreations 07-04-2006 08:44 PM

I like the stickiness of DUCK but I've had two break! Aagh- no way to really repair so out they went- and they were almost new...so I don't think they're paper that holds the adhesive is very strong. (PS it wasn't me that broke them, it was customers while stamping)

annabelle1974 07-04-2006 08:52 PM

I need to know where you are getting the red duck. I have used everything and it is the ultimate!

lindalee 07-04-2006 10:47 PM

It's easier and cheaper to get it at Walmart if you can. It wasn't a savings over Walmart but our Walmart stopped carrying the adhesive. New United Distributing (216) 881-4070 $8.26 for a package of 4 tape runners---minimum order is 6 4-packs---shipping for 12 4 packs was $13.21 Henkel (makers of Duck) gave me the phone number of New United as the nearest distributor to me. If your Walmart doesn't carry the Duck in their Stationary Dept, give Henkel a call at (800) 321-0253.

lauraos 07-05-2006 04:16 AM

I use Scotch double stick tape. Bought a desk top runner and buy it in bulk, usually from Discount Office Supply (I'm on their mailing list and get coupons).

Laura

patcreates 07-05-2006 04:37 AM

I use Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive. It works just as well as the Mono Multi, but I like the shape of the tip better. It seems to give a finer line of glue. I have had no problems with warping and it takes a minute or less to set. I found it at Target for $3.99, but have also seen it at Michaels and AC Moore.

vdoyle8 07-05-2006 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patcreates
I use Scotch Quick Dry Tacky Adhesive. It works just as well as the Mono Multi, but I like the shape of the tip better. It seems to give a finer line of glue. I have had no problems with warping and it takes a minute or less to set. I found it at Target for $3.99, but have also seen it at Michaels and AC Moore.

This is my new favorite also! I've never had anything come apart with this stuff! Love it!
My only complaint is that the tip tends to clog - kind of a bummer when you are on a roll and can't get the glue out. I've also split the tips using something too big to try to unclog it.

JustStarting2Stamp 07-05-2006 07:16 AM

Wow....THANKS LADIES!!!
I think I will spend my afternoon looking around for some adhesives!!
You ladies all rock, thank you for your input!

Hugs,
Jen

scpd 07-05-2006 07:59 AM

The *best* thing for sticking ribbon I've found is the Baby Xyron! The little, x-shaped one -- think it's the 150. Runs about $10, but get it at Michael's or JoAnn's with a coupon and you're ready to rock & roll. I buy my refills on sale or with coupons, too. LOTS of uses for that baby -- I almost never use my big Xyron.

Happy trails....

Sue

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustStarting2Stamp
P.S. What do I use on organdy ribbon?? Organdy + glue sticks = enemies!!

caralina 07-15-2006 07:00 AM

I agree about the Duck brand. I LOVE IT. It's way cheaper and sticks great. My Walmart, along with a couple others in the area, have stopped stocking it. I was having a panic attack. Good to know I can bug Henkel about it. Thanks.