Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-01-2009, 10:28 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool H & M Stamps Going Out of Business???

Does anyone know if H & M Stamps is going out of business? I just placed an order with them and on thier site it says "Garage Sale: Everything Must Go, down to the bare walls". I was wondering just what this meant. They have such nice stamps and thier prices are really good. I would hate to see them leave the Stamping Industry? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Happy stamping days ahead!

Trish in Wisconsin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

I noticed their banner ad this morning and was wondering the same thing...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 11:11 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

WHAT IS their url please?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Their home page is http://www.handmstamps.com/index.php
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

odd I dont see the news anywhere? perhaps i missed it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

The banner ad said: H & M Stamps HUGE garage sale, everything must go, June 1st to June 30th. No prices over $8, while supplies last, no rain checks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

They have had a "garage sale" before -- I bought the two sets I have from them for $4 each at that time. I'm not sure about this sale though -- hopefully it is just a sale and not a "going out of business".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay... There's more info on Heather's blog: http://hlr976.blogspot.com/2009/06/g...ne-1-30th.html

Sounds like an excess inventory sale rather than going out of business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Smile

I went and read Heather's Blog, and it does definitely sound like they are just having a Garage Sale and NOT going out of business. Whew, good news, I really like some of thier stamps. Some of them are really close to the SU stamps, just not the same. I got a really cute "guys fishing and hunting" one today, and to send cards to my Grandson. He lives in the same city as me, but loves to receive my cards in the mail. Then I picked up one for myself, a really pretty daisy one. I just love daisies, I have them in my garden, and cut them off and put them in my kitchen. They bring a nice fresh feeling to a room.

Happy stamping days ahead!

Trish in Wisconsin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #10  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

This is how vicious rumors get started is by these types of statements and questions headlining. Check out blogs first. Just because somebody is having a sale doesn't mean they're shutting their doors. Heather has these sales a few times a year where you can get great prices and great stamps. It's really that simple.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Reaching for the Stars

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by KY Southern BelleView Post
This is how vicious rumors get started is by these types of statements and questions headlining. Check out blogs first. Just because somebody is having a sale doesn't mean they're shutting their doors. Heather has these sales a few times a year where you can get great prices and great stamps. It's really that simple.
When I saw the ad I thought the same thing, I hate to see them gone, I have some of their stamps so I went to investigate. There wasn't any mention on her blog at the time I first saw the ad.
I had no idea they did these types of sales so I wasn't aware this is common with them.

Dirty Dozen Alumni
My
Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

It may be simple to check a blog for some people, but for others whose computer time is limited it is great to see all the information on the original website and not on a blog where you have to search for it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

What Blogs? How do we know what blogs to check out? How do we know they have these sales each year? Sorry but it ain't that simple! Maybe they should have been a bit clearer on their website that it was a bit of spring clean of thier inventory? The thread title is a question, the OP is asking if they are going out of business as she is not sure........its not a vicious rumor, it is a simple question!

I am pleased they are doing well and that they are giving us an opportunity to get some of their stamps at reduced prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 11:27 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Thanks for the info on the garage sale. I'll go check them out now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #15  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
What Blogs? How do we know what blogs to check out? How do we know they have these sales each year? Sorry but it ain't that simple! Maybe they should have been a bit clearer on their website that it was a bit of spring clean of thier inventory? The thread title is a question, the OP is asking if they are going out of business as she is not sure........its not a vicious rumor, it is a simple question!

I am pleased they are doing well and that they are giving us an opportunity to get some of their stamps at reduced prices.
Heather's wording is fine and quite clear - garage sale - not going out of business sale, so it is quite simple. H&M Stamps is a small business and this type of headline could easily put somebody out of business. Somebody just skimming over the thread titles could get the automatic mindset that they are going out of business. I don't expect my POV to be understood anyhow, just argued with. Try sticking your feet in Heather's shoes and maybe understand how she could be quite horrified that her customers and potential customers could be thinking/reading/seeing something like that. Question or not, the headline could have been a lot more tactful with the question inside the thread; perhaps H&M Stamp Sale. Maybe this entire thread just caught me off guard because you either see the phony stamp company cheerleaders or the everything else bashers. I'm not seeing too much information or pleasantness anymore.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 08:31 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

On the other hand, how many people seeing that banner (such as myself) have made the same assumption and didn't say anything? At least this way H&M has a head's up that some people are misunderstanding the ad. I'd much rather know and be able to change the ad than worry about how many customers just assumed the worst.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 09:29 AM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by TriboHeartsView Post
on their site it says "Garage Sale: Everything Must Go, down to the bare walls".
Really, KY? That's "quite clear" to you? If you didn't know about the blog or this company's frequent "garage sales", and stumbled across the site...put items in a cart, and saw the above message, it would be "quite clear" to you that they aren't going out of business? Hmmm....EVERYTHING MUST GO, DOWN TO THE BARE WALLS, sure sounds like it needed some clarification to the OP.

Try not to take people's posts so personally/seriously and allow people to ASK QUESTIONS. That's ALL the OP did here...ask a question and then you jumped all over her. I think a good quote here is: "The only dumb question is the one NOT asked". Better to ask than assume, don't you think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
On the other hand, how many people seeing that banner (such as myself) have made the same assumption and didn't say anything? At least this way H&M has a head's up that some people are misunderstanding the ad. I'd much rather know and be able to change the ad than worry about how many customers just assumed the worst.
Well said, Betsy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #19  

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDollView Post
Really, KY? That's "quite clear" to you? If you didn't know about the blog or this company's frequent "garage sales", and stumbled across the site...put items in a cart, and saw the above message, it would be "quite clear" to you that they aren't going out of business? Hmmm....EVERYTHING MUST GO, DOWN TO THE BARE WALLS, sure sounds like it needed some clarification to the OP.

Try not to take people's posts so personally/seriously and allow people to ASK QUESTIONS. That's ALL the OP did here...ask a question and then you jumped all over her. I think a good quote here is: "The only dumb question is the one NOT asked". Better to ask than assume, don't you think?
The wooden ruler is unnecessary and uncalled for. I suppose it's just not understood that "everything must go" and "going out of business" are two completely separate things and that was my point. There's nothing wrong with questions, of course. I'm just saying that a company and going out of business mentioned in a headline isn't good for anybody. I don't think the company owner should be picked on either for clarification. I'm sure if she meant that she was going out of business, she would state that she was going out of business -- don't you think?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I thought they were going out of business too. A couple people that I work with thought so also.

I think it was the "everything must go" line that brings that thought to mind.

I'm glad they are just spring cleaning and everything is going well for H & M!

That is the beauty of Splitcoast. If you have question, you ask and you get an answer! Yay SCS!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #21  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

The wooden ruler is unnecessary and uncalled for. I suppose it's just not understood that "everything must go" and "going out of business" are two completely separate things and that was my point. There's nothing wrong with questions, of course. I'm just saying that a company and going out of business mentioned in a headline isn't good for anybody. I don't think the company owner should be picked on either for clarification. I'm sure if she meant that she was going out of business, she would state that she was going out of business -- don't you think?

You know, Cindy, I think the orignal poster was simply asking a question, and perhaps it would be kinder to answer in a kind way rather then accusing one of the above posters of starting *vicious rumours.*

It certainly hasn't been clear to me whether H and M stamps is having a closing out garage sale or just a sale, and I've clicked on the banner.

In my city, my favourite LSS closed after having sales for several months, and didn't say anything about closing until about a week before they closed two of their stores.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #22  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

The wooden ruler is unnecessary and uncalled for.
Then maybe you should re-read YOUR post and see if the same doesn't apply.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:15 AM   #23  

Quote:

Originally Posted by debzi333View Post
You know, Cindy, I think the orignal poster was simply asking a question, and perhaps it would be kinder to answer in a kind way rather then accusing one of the above posters of starting *vicious rumours.*

It certainly hasn't been clear to me whether H and M stamps is having a closing out garage sale or just a sale, and I've clicked on the banner.

In my city, my favourite LSS closed after having sales for several months, and didn't say anything about closing until about a week before they closed two of their stores.
Good Lord, I can't say a thing without it being taken way out of context or a veiled attempt at throwing it in my face.

I did not say "you start vicious rumors" or even accuse the OP of that. I said "This is how vicious rumors get started."

I'm sorry I said anything at all, so let the dog pile begin, continue or whatever. This is getting ugly enough DD, so please don't throw fuel on the fire.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 AM   #24  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW! I am another one that thought the going out of business thing.
Truthfully this is why so many SCSers are afraid of asking a simple question.
They are afraid of getting flamed.
I always do my threads titles with my question has to deal with and that is all the OP did. There is no reason to jump on her for it.

OP - you did nothing wrong. Please ignore the flames and keep asking questions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #26  
Glitter Guru

I hate to say that I also thought that this company was going out of business just by the banner ad. I guess I always think when someone says that everything must go, down to the bare walls, that they are going out of business. I dont click on banner ads unless I am really interested andI wasnt, so this banner ad was all I saw and I took it the wrong way, I guess.

I am glad to see that this business isnt going out of business! Thats always a positive thing in this tough economy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Yipes! Guess that's why I have so few posts... Sheesh....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

I assumed they were going out of business by the banner ad too..not by the OP thread title...some people just need to relax....
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 11:18 AM   #29  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

sorry folks, for the direction this thread has taken, it'll be remedied. can we move on?

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampersView Post
flamingos turn pink from eating shrimp. all hail the snapple cap!
So you're saying that the flamingos @ the ZOO eat better than me?!?! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

The wooden ruler is unnecessary and uncalled for.
Then why were you the first one to pull it out and use it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #32  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
Then why were you the first one to pull it out and use it?
ahem. moving on please?

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes