Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-24-2006, 05:33 AM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm a member of the RAK group, and have received so many wonderful cards!
Each one is a treasure. Also, some image RAKs that went above and beyond what I was expecting. I recently asked the group for images from the June HA set, Simply the Best, and ohjen sent me a new unmounted set for my very own! Her kindness and generosity have inspired me so much. You are a dear, dear angel, Jennifer!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:07 AM   #42  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Renee you must have a magic touch! You got this thing on a roll now!
I have made many friends on this site as well, and their kindness always inspires me to pay it forward. I also appreciate all those who not only comment on my gallery but PM me. That inspires me to keep sharing. I am so amazed at all the amazing people who come together and share so much.
AmyR recently sent me a RAK that was such a surprise as well.
I am happy you are all sharing some positive stories in light of all the drama that tends to go on sometimes-we are all still friends, with big hearts just sharing what we love.
I want to thank everyone on here, for making many of my days brighter!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:37 AM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

I love all the gals at scs....there have been sooo many ways they have touched my life from the emails, pms, mary (mwebb) has sent me stamped images and embellishments she though I would like, Bev Barton has sent super cute embellishments, GMCbunny has sent me a CTMH catty and let me do a book show because i had no local demo.......I just cant even think of all the nice things ladies have done. The gals at scs are all true gems!
Matthew 6:34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."
Old 07-24-2006, 08:00 AM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
Renee you must have a magic touch! You got this thing on a roll now!
I have made many friends on this site as well, and their kindness always inspires me to pay it forward. I also appreciate all those who not only comment on my gallery but PM me. That inspires me to keep sharing. I am so amazed at all the amazing people who come together and share so much.
AmyR recently sent me a RAK that was such a surprise as well.
I am happy you are all sharing some positive stories in light of all the drama that tends to go on sometimes-we are all still friends, with big hearts just sharing what we love.
I want to thank everyone on here, for making many of my days brighter!

You started it....

I gotta tell ya..... I've got warm fuzzies and goosebumps happening....

PS. Julesiana...(((hugs and thanks)))

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

“What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Old 07-24-2006, 08:37 AM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

I posted on the BST that I was looking for the retired "By the Sea" wheel for Stipple Shells - someone responded she had it, I asked how much she wanted for it - and she said - consider it a RAK, no charge.

I had been having an awful week, and it SO surprised me, and was so heartwarming - she sent it right out! I still smile when I think about it and when I use it...

Thank you Betty!!!

Pay it forward!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #46  
Vee
Hardware Hotshot

I once asked for old card fronts for a charitable cause and recieved........none.
I did recieve some from another small yahoo group. Sad but true. I have recieved 2 RAKS from someone I think in other groups but never SCS. I virtually LIVE here. Those who did recieve things, how did the person get your mailing address?
Old 07-24-2006, 08:42 AM   #47  
Vee
Hardware Hotshot

Sorry. I wish I could delete that. It sounds terrible. I love SCS and get tons of inspiration here.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

If you join the RAK group, there is a list of group members' mailing addresses.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:14 AM   #49  
Hardware Hotshot

Vee....Don't apologize. I certainly didn't take it in the wrong way. I'm just sorry I (we) didn't see your request. Sometimes, unfortunately, new threads get started and knock other threads down and over to the next page. Maybe this is what happened? I don't know.... I'm just sorry it happened to you.

As for your question.....Sometimes when I'm looking for someones address, I'll check the RAK forum first (I'm a member there). If I can't find it there (perhaps that person isn't a member of RAK group), I'll PM a friend of theirs and as a last resort, that person herself.

(((HUGS)))) to you.... and in case no one's told you lately.... you're a sweetie.

Gotta run....

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

“What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Old 07-24-2006, 09:17 AM   #50  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh My WORD!
Vee PM me your address and consider yourself RAK'd. I usually just pm someone for their address cause I don't belong to the RAK group either. As far as donations I recently donated cards to a couple people on here. Maybe you could post it in several forums?
Just a thought!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been blessed to be RAK'd many times.
I've made many friendships and recently had the opportunity to finally meet some of them after "yackin" (according to my dh) for nearly 2 years!

One of my best surprises was last winter we lost power for 4 days in subzero temps. We had to stay at a friends house snuggling by the fireplace for warmth while our husbands responded to fatalities from the weather and do door to door checks on residents. Well when we did get power back on I got a wonderful phonecall and everyone came together and RAK'd me batteries, hand warmers, candy for my kids and RAK's hoping we were staying warm, had enough food, milk etc!! And I was over joyed and my dh was flabbergasted that people I've never met were so willing and kind to help us out!
Old 07-24-2006, 09:59 AM   #52  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
Oh My WORD!
Vee PM me your address and consider yourself RAK'd. I usually just pm someone for their address cause I don't belong to the RAK group either. As far as donations I recently donated cards to a couple people on here. Maybe you could post it in several forums?
Just a thought!
Why aren't you a member of the RAK group??? Your fabulous cards would make anyone smile!!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Old 07-24-2006, 10:40 AM   #53  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

I made a comment on a card and got a pm from the artist saying thanks and asking for my address. She sent me the vintage image she used in the card along with several others out of the blue. Thanks Laura Duet! I have a small package waiting to go for her. I am sooo blasted slow.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:59 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmama
Teresa -jtkshaw- sent me a baggie full of primas out of the blue when I posted I had none, and couldn't squeak it in my budget! I was so overwhelmed her generosity!!!! (*hoarding* kinda afraid to use them now!!)
AJ, girl~ you gotta use those Primas (so I can send 'ya some more!) LOL!
Probably the nicest RAK I have ever received was from Keri (Sereikastamper). I sent her a card featuring one of the Inky Antics Girly Girls because it was she who turned me onto IA in the first place, and "taught" me the awesome patterned dress technique I used. We started chatting in another thread about which IA Girly Girl stamps everyone had, and I mentioned that the one I used was my only one. Well, about a week later I received an awesome, completely and totally unexpected package from Keri, containing a beautiful card and 2 IA Girly Girl stamps!!!! I was floored- there is no better way to RAK a stamper than with stamps!!! LOL! So, thanks so much Keri! Everytime I even look at those, I get so touched by your kindness!
This is a *wonderful* thread btw! I have loved reading everyone's RAK stories! What a wonderful community we have here at SCS! Fabulous idea, Lauren! Thanks!

Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #55  
clean and krafty

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtkshaw
AJ, girl~ you gotta use those Primas (so I can send 'ya some more!) LOL!
Probably the nicest RAK I have ever received was from Keri (Sereikastamper). I sent her a card featuring one of the Inky Antics Girly Girls because it was she who turned me onto IA in the first place, and "taught" me the awesome patterned dress technique I used. We started chatting in another thread about which IA Girly Girl stamps everyone had, and I mentioned that the one I used was my only one. Well, about a week later I received an awesome, completely and totally unexpected package from Keri, containing a beautiful card and 2 IA Girly Girl stamps!!!! I was floored- there is no better way to RAK a stamper than with stamps!!! LOL! So, thanks so much Keri! Everytime I even look at those, I get so touched by your kindness!
This is a *wonderful* thread btw! I have loved reading everyone's RAK stories! What a wonderful community we have here at SCS! Fabulous idea, Lauren! Thanks!
Alright, alright- I will use one or two!!! I will miss them when they are gone!! btw- is the card of the IA girl with the pattermed dress in your gallery? Love to check it out.......those girlies are on my want list!

Old 07-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #56  
Matboard Maniac

Thumbs up

When my sister, not a stamper but a penguin lover, lost everything in Hurricane Katrina, a SCS member sent me her set of "Penguin Paradise" along with a very nice card. My sister did have all the penguin stamps, even though she doesn't stamp, she does stamp penguins. So SCS are truely wonderful people.

"Something's gotta go wrong 'cause I'm feeling way too damn good." - Nickelback

"When Life hands you lemons, ask for salt and tequila and give me a call"
Old 07-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #57  
Insane Embellisher

Wink RAK's

There are so many that I have to think......I think the nicest thing is that evry time I have had a prayer request there will be a lot of posts following the thread of all the people that tell you they will be praying for you. But even nicer, are the few that actually check back with you from time to time - knowing it's something that is chronic, isn't going to go away, and just check in on you once in awhile just to see how you're doing - and even some, developing a friendship. I can;t think of anything nicer than someone just dropping what they are doing - just to send a short note that truly brightens your day. That kindness is so touching as they not only prayed for you.....but they continue to let you know they are thinking of you and still praying. There is no greater feeling of knowing that others care & are taking that time out - just to let you know that they care & are trying o understand what you are going through. On the really rough days it can change your day completely - and my thnks to those that have done so....you know who you are and how special you are. Thank you.

Blessings,
Debbie
Old 07-24-2006, 12:28 PM   #58  
Mad Swapper

I see where we can apply for membership in the RAK group in my user CP, but I haven't been able to locate a thread letting me know what else is needed in order to join (like the Demo forum sticky thread). Does anyone have a link?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:34 PM   #59  
Mad Swapper

Doh! I miss edit. I hit "submit" too soon.

The nicest thing a SCS member did for me was volunteer to lend me a stamp because she knew I was looking for a single stamp from a set. I thought that was so generous and trusting! Unfortunately, I have a terrible memory and cannot remember the username of that kind soul.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #60  
clean and krafty

Quote:

Originally Posted by trefoil
I see where we can apply for membership in the RAK group in my user CP, but I haven't been able to locate a thread letting me know what else is needed in order to join (like the Demo forum sticky thread). Does anyone have a link?
Ginapier heads that group up, I think she updates it maybe every two weeks or so. She travels quite a bit I believe and updates as fast as she can!!! As long as you clicked on the "join this group" tab, I am sure you will hear from her soon enough!!! She is managing a group of roughly 1400+!!!
HTH

Old 07-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #61  
Gabfest Goddess

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.
Default Awesome friendship!

I am on the CCRAK group and have gotten to know DawnL. I once commented on her gorgeous Roses in Winter stamped scarf. She sent me one, with a matching card. She has continued to send me wonderful cards (she is a great stamper) and when I am not on this site for a while, she PM's me to make sure I am all right. What a great cyber friend she is. Thanks Dawn. You rock!