Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What's missing? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/whats-missing-88370/)

stampmomt 09-23-2005 12:58 PM

What's missing?

1 Attachment(s)
I am have a party & need a few invitations here is one I made, but somethign is missing. Any suggestions?

cannontc 09-23-2005 01:00 PM

is the invite in your gallery?.......or am I just missing it?

stampmomt 09-23-2005 01:06 PM

I had a DUH!! moment & forgot to add the attachment.

cannontc 09-23-2005 02:06 PM

I really like the colors and the layout, but maybe do something to make the central image stand out more.........it may just be because of the scan.....but it seems a little light. Good job on the invite, do you need to make a lot of them?

stampmomt 09-23-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cannontc
I really like the colors and the layout, but maybe do something to make the central image stand out more.........it may just be because of the scan.....but it seems a little light. Good job on the invite, do you need to make a lot of them?

Well I only need to make 6 of them. I really was very undecided about the middle and that is what I came up with. I am trying to think of something else. I'll post it as soon as I am done.

pcbsears 09-23-2005 03:04 PM

What if you popped the image up with a dimentional, and maybe added another layer behind the image?

texasjodylynn 09-23-2005 03:14 PM

how about...

How about mounting the focal point in black after the plum, then raise it with a dimensional over the ribbon. Also, I would use a background of some kind (like canvas or JJ) on the big piece of CS on the bottom layer.

Not that there is anything wrong with it as is, but you asked... :)

stampmomt 09-23-2005 07:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK Ladies,
I have done it 2 other ways. I am pretty happy with these, I just don't know which way is better for the focal point. Also I did use some dimentionals (sp?) & I don't have any backround stamps that I could use. I think these came out nice. You choose.

texasjodylynn 09-23-2005 08:28 PM

I like...

I like the card on the right better. :)

momil5000 09-23-2005 09:39 PM

The one on the right gets my vote...(the black looks great on the changed cards, doesn't it?)

pcbsears 09-24-2005 07:51 AM

I like them both....great job shannon! The black looks much better on it!

Taishea 09-24-2005 09:19 AM

missing?

I agree. the card is real sweet. It needs a backgroung on the green paper. Other thatn that it is fine. Great job!1 Taishea :)

Chatty Cathy 25 09-24-2005 11:33 AM

Invitation

Your original card was just elegant the way it was originally. If you wanted you could add a little glitter on the leaves and part of the acorns but it really isn't necessary. It really depends on what you feel the intention of the invitation is....a lovely quiet gathering of friends or a rip roaring party--just kidding! Elegance and simplicity are also quite beautiful.

You received some great responses....may have to try some of them myself.

Now, having said lthat.....what are you having for dinner (share your recipes) and can my husband and I join you !!!!!

Enjoy life and take time to smell the roses!

Chatty Cathy 25