Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   what's the differance between Antique cracking /weathered bg stamps (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/whats-differance-between-antique-cracking-weathered-bg-stamps-133972/)

Lisa62 04-01-2006 04:35 AM

what's the differance between Antique cracking /weathered bg stamps

I was thinking about buying the weathered bg stamps but not sure if it is worth buying since I already have the antique cracking.would you buy both of them or is the weather bg stamp any better than antique cracking whats the differance between them. I think it's just the spacing of the cracks is more open with the antique cracking.where as the spacing for the wethered isn't so far spread apart.

I want to take advantage of next months bg stamps sale by buying 2 and getting 1 at half off.I am already planning on getting linen and crosshatch.but not sure if I need to buy wethered since I already have cracking.what would you buy for the 3rd stamp.

I have fine lace,french script,print pattern,on safari but a smaller one,and a splatter bg stamp.

calgramma 04-01-2006 04:51 AM

I also have Antique Cracking and I AM NOT buying weathered....they are too close IMHO. So, I'm getting Crosshatch, Houndstooth and Dots & Daisies. HTH

WebDeb 04-01-2006 05:34 AM

I don't see Floral on your list -- it's a must-have!

Lisa Loiselle 04-01-2006 07:13 AM

I think the only difference between antique cracking and weathered is the way the design runs - the lines are on the short side on ac and the long side on w. I just got crosshatch and love it, but canvas is the one I use the most. I promised myself I wouldn't spend any $ for awhile - just did a catty party and got lots of stuff. If I cave I'll get french script, word by word and one other.

kthaman 04-01-2006 08:34 AM

Yes, the difference is the direction of the design. When I first saw Weathered I refused to get it because I had Antique Cracking. Once I realized (after studying a card in the gallery) that the image in the catalog is wrong (and SU does state that on their demo site), I bought Weathered. I actually like having both...sometimes I want the design to go in a specific direction, and when you make cards portrait and landscape, having backgrounds that work with both is great for me (but then I have just about every background)!

Joan B 04-01-2006 09:23 AM

I wouldn't get both. I'm going to get Word by Word because I think it is a good value for the money. Don't like it as a background all that much, but it is a LOT of words for the money.

nox1 04-01-2006 12:27 PM

I have Antique Cracking as well and I don't think I'd ever buy Weathered just because they are so close. I'd rather go with something much different. I'm looking to get Floral, Linen and something else...I love this promotion!