Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Whats with the BST lately? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/whats-bst-lately-148165/)

wendalyn 05-21-2006 09:56 AM

Whats with the BST lately?

What's with the BST forum lately. I have been getting better deals on ebay. People asking $45 + for sets that retailed for $20 and they are probably used. I was wanting a set and got a PM that someone would sell me theirs for $50 and i got the same set on Ebay for $19.99 BUY IT NOW. Also got Damask yesterday UM for retail price. So im finding it lately better to get them off there then here because i can't afford alot of the prices people are asking here. Ok short vent because of high prices.

Anyone else feeling this way lately?

Iluvcards 05-21-2006 10:00 AM

What are you looking for? I'm selling mine at half the catalog price. They are all lightly used or not used at all.

ajcmeyer 05-21-2006 10:05 AM

Not everyone is like this there are just a couple that unfortunately seem to have some highly desired sets. I would say the majority of ladies on the bst forum are lovely people and will try to make it a positive experience for both sides.

prchvs 05-21-2006 10:46 AM

But, you gotta remember that if someone's from Canada, the exchange is diff't too. Some sets we pay $42CDN when it's only $28USD for Americans (even thought the current exchange would make that $31CDN). If that's not the case, that's too bad. Used stamps should not go for more than original price and same with UM (although popularity could change that, I guess) JMHO!!

BsmtScrapper 05-21-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvcards
What are you looking for? I'm selling mine at half the catalog price. They are all lightly used or not used at all.

You sound like my kind of trader. Should be some kind of discount or deal because they are used. I could see asking for close to catty if they were new & um.

Aren't all the new posts supposed to list a price or they will be removed?

amysings 05-21-2006 03:16 PM

I have had a similar experience on the BST. Some people want outrageous amounts for used stamps. There are some great traders and listings, though. Usually I bypass the first couple pages to find them.

stampinisfun 05-21-2006 03:28 PM

Has anyone else noticed that ebay sellers are disappearing? A few of the major ones and the ones that are still opened changed their names. I bet that is why you are getting a lot of sets cheaper on ebay because they must be trying to liquidate. I wonder if Stampin Up has finally started to handle the problem. I guess we will see.:???:

LuvMyZoo 05-22-2006 03:04 AM

I do not look on the BST forum because of this. Most do not list a price. To me, it seems better to buy off of ebay instead of dealing with the hassle of
finding out the price and hoping it is a fair price.

Judy57 05-22-2006 04:53 AM

What is BST?

Have never heard of this...I always buy from ebay, but totally cap my offer and compare to catty.

Cynamom 05-22-2006 05:25 AM

Personally, I like my stamps to go to people who will really use them, have fun with them and be happy to get them, so I always ask for a fair trade or price. I just traded one for half the value as it went on Ebay the same day. I'm NOT in this to make money, but I think people can see it differently. I am in it because I love it and if I can share some of that with others, maybe it can spread. There are a lot of good traders/sellers here.... it's our choice to buy or trade.... don't go for the high ones.... that will help stop the problem, I think. AND have patience... you'll find what you want at a good price or trade if you look long enough....

Cindy

daizelsgrandma 05-22-2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy57
Have never heard of this...I always buy from ebay, but totally cap my offer and compare to catty.

BST is the Buy/Sell/Trade forum here on SCS. Check it out...you can get some great deals!