Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What'cha Stampin'? World Cardmaking Day! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/whatcha-stampin-world-cardmaking-day-626410/)

TexasGrammy 10-06-2018 03:17 PM

What'cha Stampin'? World Cardmaking Day!

Hey Splitcoaststampers!

I've been putting some untamed stampy stuff into new & more organized places.
But then I realized ... Today is World Cardmaking Day!

Soooooo, what'cha stampin'? :?:

Covington Crafter 10-06-2018 04:50 PM

Hi Bev!

I'm catching up on a couple of challenges. I have a Halloween card almost done for yesterday's F4A and Mix and a Christmas card is brewing in my brain for today's Inspiration challenge.

gregzgurl 10-06-2018 04:59 PM

I haven't made anything today, as I moved my beloved workbench back up into my studio/guest room and have been moving things around a bit. I had to clean the mess before I could make another one, lol! HOWEVER - tomorrow I'm going to be a whirlwind of creativity! I have some Halloween projects that I want to make for my coworkers, a Day of the Dead banner to make for one of my daughters, and some other ideas that need to find their way out into the world. It's been WAY TOO LONG because I keep putting it off to be a responsible adult and do really glamorous things like grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning bathrooms - ugh! I can hardly wait for retirement (which is still at least four years away...*sigh*)...

Covington Crafter 10-06-2018 05:01 PM

Sue, I know you love to organize your craft area. Getting it ready is a good way to spend WCD!! Have fun tomorrow, looking forward to seeing your creations.

cnsteele 10-06-2018 07:46 PM

I forgot it was WCMD! But after a very fun but long day at my two older daughters' cross country meet, I made two cards tonight. I also coach the middle school cross country team, so I have not stamped in awhile. We adore the sport in our home but it felt great to stamp!

TexasGrammy 10-06-2018 08:18 PM

I'm not the only one who forgot to stamp! Oh thank y'all! Sometimes I get to visit the inks & rubber later on Sunday afternoons, depending on who/what does or does not call with other ideas. ;) So far, it's looking like a possible maybe here! :D

lutheran 10-07-2018 04:05 AM

I forgot it was WCMD but it was card making day here quite coincidentally. I got a bunch of "not swaps" done to take to OnStage, all Christmas themes. I call them not swaps because I am just handing them out to old friends I see around the event and to new friends I meet in line and at tables. Unfortunately, I did not have enough $$$ to take advantage of some of the great sales around.
Mary Beth

cobby 10-07-2018 05:54 AM

I had plans to spend more time Stamping yesterday than I actually was able to. I forgot I was attending an Eagle Scout ceremony for one of the boys in my son’s troop. But I did manage to finish up a Christmas card idea I had started; and one of the tried but failed background layers got turned into a fall card.

Cook22 10-07-2018 08:20 AM

I didn't have a lot of time for stamping yesterday so really all I got made were two sympathy cards which I'll be mailing tomorrow...and one of those used scraps from my background box. I did get the groundwork laid for a couple of upcoming challenge samples. In an ideal world I'd have had time for some "just for fun" stamping too. I remember I got my first raspberry Wizard, secondhand, on a WCMD!

maryalena 10-07-2018 09:30 AM

They should call it World Buying On Sale Day. That’s what I did. I like the spirit of WCMD though. I did make a plan for starting earlier on making Christmas cards and organize a bit.

JBgreendawn 10-07-2018 12:48 PM

I didn't stamp but, I assembled some mini coffee cups (for the booth next month) ( with previously stamped on scraps and diecut sentiments tied onto them) and I laughed at my self later last night.

Dorie95 10-07-2018 01:14 PM

It's been rainy and cool, baseball (Brewers) and Football, (UW and Packers) on TV so that means I get to play with paper because DH and DS are glued to all of it!

I did make a card for a young child who had a birthday. He's from Send Kids the World.

I made a bunch of Halloween cards and colored with pencils and watercolor pencils some card images I did awhile ago. Will send some to this month's
Cards for a Cause, also.

cardmaker2 10-07-2018 01:16 PM

I made a couple of autumn themed birthday cards, one of which is for my brother. I was relaxing and enjoying binge watching Downton Abbey... my other obsession haha. Now our Canadian Thanksgiving turkey is roasting and making the house smell scrumptious, plus it’s my birthday, so a good day all round ! :)

gregzgurl 10-07-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2 (Post 21727100)
I made a couple of autumn themed birthday cards, one of which is for my brother. I was relaxing and enjoying binge watching Downton Abbey... my other obsession haha. Now our Canadian Thanksgiving turkey is roasting and making the house smell scrumptious, plus it�s my birthday, so a good day all round ! :)

Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like a fabulous day!

cardmaker2 10-07-2018 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurl (Post 21727118)
Happy Birthday and Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like a fabulous day!

Thanks Sue!!

bzzzeee 10-08-2018 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammy (Post 21726720)
Hey Splitcoaststampers!

I've been putting some untamed stampy stuff into new & more organized places.
But then I realized ... Today is World Cardmaking Day!

Soooooo, what'cha stampin'? :?:

My project was making cards for friends using a 3D die from Altenew and a greeting from another Altenew set. It was so fun to take a few minutes to create! I also die cut a bunch of flowers and leaves in different color combos to have on hand for my next set of cards. Fun weekend!

TexasGrammy 10-08-2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cardmaker2 (Post 21727100)
I made a couple of autumn themed birthday cards, one of which is for my brother. I was relaxing and enjoying binge watching Downton Abbey... my other obsession haha. Now our Canadian Thanksgiving turkey is roasting and making the house smell scrumptious, plus it�s my birthday, so a good day all round ! :)

Happy Birthday!!

TLady 10-10-2018 06:00 AM

I made a Pop-Up Card, called "Taco's Anyone?" You can see it in my SCS Gallery! ;) It is a for my daughter's birthday!

bzzzeee 10-10-2018 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLady (Post 21728311)
I made a Pop-Up Card, called "Taco's Anyone?" You can see it in my SCS Gallery! ;) It is a for my daughter's birthday!

Wow, your work is amazing!! The taco card is adorable and the other cards in your gallery are spectacular! I have to go back and look at each one. I love the greetings you use, especially the card with "Consider the lillies." Beautiful cards!

TLady 10-10-2018 07:56 AM

Thank you, bzzzeee! Yes, come & take a look & enjoy! That is what SCS is all about, right? ;) Inky (((hugs!)))

ComradeBunny 10-11-2018 01:07 PM

I've been working on Christmas cards. I have 30 of my own to finish and 41 to make for my sister-in-law's business. It's been busy, but I don't want to get to December and find I have a ton of work to do. I have all the pieces ready for my Christmas cards except for 10 of the background pieces of patterned paper. I also have most of the pieces for the cards I'm making for my sister-in-law done, I'm just waiting on some white glitter paper I ordered to arrive. Apparently, everyone in my city wants white glitter paper right now. I couldn't find it in the three different stores that are within a half hour drive of me.

TexasGrammy 10-11-2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComradeBunny (Post 21728762)
I've been working on Christmas cards. I have 30 of my own to finish and 41 to make for my sister-in-law's business. It's been busy, but I don't want to get to December and find I have a ton of work to do....

Today's confession: .... You are officially 30 + 41 ahead of me. :roll:

Quote:

Apparently, everyone in my city wants white glitter paper right now. I couldn't find it in the three different stores that are within a half hour drive of me.
Arggghhhh .... I really don't like it when that happens. Have you ever tried to get the little jingle bells in a specific size past August/September? Boo-hiss!
.... Then today was 'my day' to buy those fabrics for a Renaissance-style pattern for Halloween. Yeah .... 2 of the 3 target fabrics were gone. Plan B, please come to me. ;)

ComradeBunny 10-15-2018 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasGrammy (Post 21728804)
.... Then today was 'my day' to buy those fabrics for a Renaissance-style pattern for Halloween. Yeah .... 2 of the 3 target fabrics were gone. Plan B, please come to me. ;)

That stinks. I hope you are able to come up with the perfect Plan B. I'd help you, but....well....I've got nothing. Sorry. Renaissance costume sounds fun, though.

TexasGrammy 10-16-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComradeBunny (Post 21730329)
That stinks. I hope you are able to come up with the perfect Plan B. I'd help you, but....well....I've got nothing. Sorry. Renaissance costume sounds fun, though.

Shifting to the unknown Plan B did not happen for this year's event. I did make a different selection after a 2-hr visit to the small fabric department ... but even on 30% sale, the total for the fabrics alone was $67 without interfacing, & the other various bits & yada's required. :shock: (Lotsa yardage on that pattern ... ...) Silver lining is: I now have a year to find fabrics at an acceptable price for a fun costume. Whew!

ComradeBunny 10-17-2018 12:21 PM

Well, you can look at it this way, many adult Halloween Costumes sell for $70 and are garbage. You may have spent a bit, but the costume will be well made and gorgeous. You can even hang on to it and use it again in a couple of years. I'm just happy you found fabric that will work. Happy sewing.