Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What are your plans and projects for the weekend ???? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-your-plans-projects-weekend-220577/)

awayoflife 02-01-2007 08:11 AM

What are your plans and projects for the weekend ????

Just thought it would be fun to see what plans everyone has for the weekend. I don't really have much planned but I do need to get in there and work on the 100 or so swaps I need to make. hummm just can't decide on a card I want to make. Other than that I'm really not sure.
I was hoping that some of you would have some neat projects or ideas for the weekend that might sound like somewhere I want to go or something I would like to try.

MasJac 02-01-2007 08:17 AM

Well I have strep throat so I will be in the house with plenty of time to stamp.
I am supposed to be holding stamp camp Saturday but I will have to see how I feel.

awayoflife 02-01-2007 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasJac
Well I have strep throat so I will be in the house with plenty of time to stamp.
I am supposed to be holding stamp camp Saturday but I will have to see how I feel.

Thats terrible !! Though you'll be stuck in the house I really don't think you'll feel like doing much of anything. Strep can be very painfull. If someone even looks at my daughter thats had it, she gets it. Hopefull the rest of your family won't. Well take care and hope you get to feeling better soon.

Kristie

sma499 02-01-2007 08:26 AM

No real projects, just going out with some friends for dinner and a movie tomorrow night. Probably will stay in the house Sat. and Sun, because it's supposed to be so cold and snowy. I have a ton of cleaning and organizing to do, and maybe I'll get some Valentine's Day cards made.

stampertammy 02-01-2007 08:26 AM

I have 10 people RSVP'd for a Card Buffet on Saturday! I'm so excited, but overwhelmed with what needs to be done. Then my youngest DD turns 10 on Sunday, so we'll have her Godparents over for lunch and cake after church. Then I will crash!

awayoflife 02-01-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampertammy
I have 10 people RSVP'd for a Card Buffet on Saturday! I'm so excited, but overwhelmed with what needs to be done. Then my youngest DD turns 10 on Sunday, so we'll have her Godparents over for lunch and cake after church. Then I will crash!

I'm new to this but what is a Card Buffet? It sounds like fun.
It does seem like you weekend will be packed.:D

Annek 02-01-2007 08:59 AM

I have a hair appt Saturday a.m. (color, hightlight, cut - the works!) then lunch w/some girlfriends afterward. I need to make some Valentines cards, a baby card, & a thank you card - so I am thinking those things will get done on Saturday as well.

The usual cleaning, laundry, etc. as well - fun fun! LOL

:-) Anne

*scarlet* 02-01-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasJac

Oh no!! That's horrible. I've had that a gazillion times and it sucks. I hope you feel better soon. {{{HUGS}}}

I have valentines to make for my DS's class and DD's daycare, some to make for a swap on another board, some for my parents and DH too. I'll be drowning in hearts and glitter I'm sure. LOL

I was also asked to make some necklaces and earrings for a wedding party - there are 11 girls! It's not until June, but I have to think about what I'm going to do and order anything that I don't have in my stash. Then I have to figure out a box type thingy for her to give them in. I'm loving the book-type boxes, but I can't seem to find a template or anything anywhere. Closest I have found is one in EllenH's gallery with the veggie pin. *sigh*

Throw in laundry and cleaning with DH out of town to boot. I need a nap already. :rolleyes:

michelel 02-01-2007 09:36 AM

I am hoping to finish working on a baby quilt on Saturday. I also have some birthday cards that I need to finish. Sunday will be reserved to watch the Colts beat the Bears in the SuperBowl

Furph's wife 02-01-2007 09:51 AM

I have 16 mailbox tins I want to finish and the rest of the pics from vacation I want toget scrapped. Plus 2 basketball games a birthday party and a baseball scrimmage:rolleyes: . Maybe I shoud get in my room get off of here and get something going so I have them done by the end of the weekend.

stampertammy 02-01-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awayoflife
I'm new to this but what is a Card Buffet? It sounds like fun.
It does seem like you weekend will be packed.:D

Well, this is what I'm doing as my interpretation of a card buffet. I have 10 cards designed, all-occasion, not too complicated and I have anywhere from 15-25 of each card ready to make. (cardstock cut, etc.) My customers come anytime between 1:00 and 6:00 p.m. and can make as many cards as they want of each design for $1.00 a card. I have envelopes for sale for a small extra charge if they need them. I have each card sample stamped with a different sentiment (birthday, sympathy, get well, etc.) but am going to have all my sentiment stamps out and if someone wants to make the birthday card into a thinking of you card they can do that. It's my first one so I'm thrilled with the response and hope it goes smoothly! Thanks for asking!

abbyzmommy 02-01-2007 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelel
I am hoping to finish working on a baby quilt on Saturday. I also have some birthday cards that I need to finish. Sunday will be reserved to watch the Colts beat the Bears in the SuperBowl

Sorry Michelel,
I will be cleaning and cooking on Saturday so that we can watch the Bears beat up on the Colts. LOL

Dione 02-01-2007 10:20 AM

Im working evenings starting today til Sunday...and Saturday will be crappy cause we will be on downtime in the lab due to a major system upgrade...the biggest ever...so that means faxing results to all the wards and manually programming the analyzers. But on Sunday the day shift gets to do all the back entering (putting the results into the LIS)...so I think thats worse!

girl_scout 02-01-2007 10:24 AM

I'm doing my first Thirty-One party on Saturday. Hoping it goes well! Then me, my mom, and sister are going shopping together. I'm so excited! I took a stress day so we could go shopping and then my sister's going to stay the night and teach me how to put on the make-up we'll be buying because I never got into wearing make-up when I was in high school. We're going to be highlighting my hair too. Then Sunday I have to work from 2 til 10 while the rest of the world watches the super bowl.

stuffybaby 02-01-2007 10:30 AM

working Sat night and Sunday will be at Amylou's watching the COLTS win the superbowl!!!!
GO COLTS!!!!
;)

*AStampinFool* 02-01-2007 10:33 AM

Saturday - we're going to go Tubing at a Ski Resort (birthday party for my niece).

Sunday - watch the BIG GAME!!!!!! IT should be good!!!!

Softangelkisses 02-01-2007 11:37 AM

I have to work Saturday and Sunday :(

laureltree 02-01-2007 12:09 PM

My DD made the middle school dance team, and we are going to their first competition. Lots of middle school cheer and dance teams, so we are going to make a day of it (taking the camera! photo ops!) I have been to and judged at winterguard shows, but this is my first dance team mom experience. My DH thinks he should get a t-shirt that says "Danceline Dad - I carry stuff and then pay for it"

CarensCreations 02-01-2007 12:24 PM

We are going to get dirty at an off-road truck race in Parker, AZ then on Sunday watch the Super Bowl. Not much off a football fan but love to watch the new commercials. LOL

-----------
Caren

Gina1980 02-01-2007 01:33 PM

I need to come up with ideas for my baby shower invitations. My aunt is hosting it in the city where I grew up for my family and I'm making the invitations. As if I don't have enough to do, I gave myself another chore :0) But it'll be fun to make them! :0)

Ragtop 02-01-2007 02:15 PM

I'm taking my mom shopping Sat. a.m., relaxing Sat. p.m., church Sun. a.m., then having guests Sun. p.m. for homemade pizza and to watch the Superbowl.
GO COLTS!

Skittl1321 02-01-2007 02:34 PM

Friday- paint the back door (inside) because our new blinds (the inside the glass kind- so awesome) are really white and they make our door look disgusting.

Saturday- I'm going to wake up early to go ice skating and then go to a stamping up party. I HAVE to go to the post office because I still haven't sent my secret valentine gift for WRAK. In the evening I hope to do some stamping.

Sunday- I plan to sleep in, spend some time with my husband who I rarely see because of school, then go skating from 12-2. Then we have to clean because apparently we are having a party. I'm not amused about that. I hate footblah.

TJStamper 02-01-2007 03:10 PM

Sunday I'm getting my hair done... I've been blonde forever but went dark several months ago. Now I realize I have a LOT more grey than I ever knew so I'm going to get some blonde back ... YAY!! I'm looking forward to brightening up.

We are going to try to go out to dinner Saturday - depends on how the kids are.

Sunday is the Superbowl ... we may go to our neighbors house. Not sure yet but DH is a HUGE lifelong Bears fan so he'll be watching one way or another!

TJStamper 02-01-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamper
Sunday I'm getting my hair done... I've been blonde forever but went dark several months ago. Now I realize I have a LOT more grey than I ever knew so I'm going to get some blonde back ... YAY!! I'm looking forward to brightening up.

We are going to try to go out to dinner Saturday - depends on how the kids are.

Sunday is the Superbowl ... we may go to our neighbors house. Not sure yet but DH is a HUGE lifelong Bears fan so he'll be watching one way or another!

I meant SATURDAY I'm getting my hair done ... see, that blonde comes back quick!

willstampforfood 02-01-2007 04:26 PM

After a very stressful six weeks of getting out house on the market and completing a million projects as well as virtually ignoring the kids, I've booked a two bedroom cabin at the state park. We are going away for the weekend! We'll play cards and board games, hang out by the firplace and spend some time at the lodge, where they have a heated indoor pool. I can hardly wait. No cell phone, no computer and nobody will know how to reach us!

I'm also going to take some stampin' stuff and spend a little bit of time doing some baby announcements. I need to make 30 or so before May and I might be able to get a bunch donw this weekend. If not, no big deal but if my DH ends up watching American Chopper or something, I need to be able to find a way to amuse myself!

wendy

palval77 02-01-2007 11:44 PM

Cutting paper for a show next week. I do believe I am coming down with either a cold or the beginning of the flu.

MonTigg 02-01-2007 11:48 PM

I have a swap (6x6 zoo swap due 4-20) and a SS gift to get a move on (due 2-15)!

dolphinprncss03 02-02-2007 01:39 AM

I am going to ATTEMPT to put together the Paper cubes i just bought at Sam's club..Since hubby is in Michigan i have to do it or wait til the 12th when he gets home..NOT...BTW they hold 12 papers and were only 15.00 each

stampingrose 02-02-2007 01:53 AM

I have 6 cards to make. 60th birthday x3, 1st birthday, 25th wedding anniv. male birthday.
I should be making them now.

Lisa Loiselle 02-02-2007 03:21 AM

My friend/neighbor is having an SU party tomorrow afternoon, so I'll go spend some money over there!

I am not believing that no one mentioned VSN!!!!!!!!!! Tonight and tomorrow ladies! Hope to see you there!

serialpurrs 02-02-2007 03:48 AM

Besides trying to wait patiently for my SAB order there's no plans at the moment. Hubby might or might not work this weekend and that kinda determines when I do what (If I make any plans for anything).

mytime 02-02-2007 04:06 AM

I have a workshop to do tonight, and have my Spring Mini PREORDER coming so this weekend I will be baracaded in my stamp room playing! No kids or hubby allowed :D I also should be getting in some new Bella Stamps HOPEFULLY today-Happy Dance

mytime 02-02-2007 04:08 AM

Oh yeah, and I will be making a few cards for Shanes Challenge. Its a boy who is battling Leukemia and his 8th b-day wish is to recieve 1 million cards! I'm sending 4. I hope he can get there.

mytime 02-02-2007 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dolphinprncss03
I am going to ATTEMPT to put together the Paper cubes i just bought at Sam's club..Since hubby is in Michigan i have to do it or wait til the 12th when he gets home..NOT...BTW they hold 12 papers and were only 15.00 each

Oh I have these! They are AWESOME!!! Easy to do yourself

Jeanne S 02-02-2007 04:38 AM

I'll be playing VSN!

mindeola 02-02-2007 05:03 AM

I have to go to the commissary on Saturday. That will take up most of my day. I am going with a friends, so we will have fun! :) That night I really need to finish a swap and clean my stamp room. On Sunday we are off to a Super Bowl Party! GO COLTS!

LovinTX 02-02-2007 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Loiselle
I am not believing that no one mentioned VSN!!!!!!!!!! Tonight and tomorrow ladies! Hope to see you there!

VSN is where it's at!!!

cobrielle 02-02-2007 05:09 AM

VSN BABY!!!!! :)

MWDStamp 02-02-2007 05:24 AM

I am also planning in doing the VSN. I have had a couple rough months and not much time to do the things I want to do - so I am pretty much telling DH that I will be doing VSN and he and the kids are on their own.

Angela Riddell 02-02-2007 05:32 AM

Sat morning- upline meeting
And then I have to prepare for my embossing class for Wed and cut everything out.
And I have to make a bunch of thank you notes for my hostes from Jan (yeah I know they should already be out in the mail).
Sunday morning church and then watch the little one so that hubby can go play with his car.