Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What was your most recent stamping purchase? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-your-most-recent-stamping-purchase-577104/)

PedalPower 08-14-2013 06:41 AM

What was your most recent stamping purchase?

I just went on a mini shopping spree! I have been pretty frugal all year long, but we made a pitstop at an Archivers over the weekend, so I picked up 10 sheets of patterned paper, a package of 12 by 12 cardstock in assorted colors, one 6 by 6 paper pad and a few coordinating stickers to go with the paper pad. I also shopped at SP&Company (they were having a huge sale) and stocked up on storage binders for my metal dies and stamps.

So.....put me in good company! Share what your most recent paper craft purchase was! :)

PikkuLilla 08-14-2013 09:04 AM

Last week I bought a Versamark ink pad, and a Prima clear background stamp. I'm v bad - I can always justify buying something extra for my stash! ;)

maryrose 08-14-2013 09:20 AM

I just ordered the new thinlits dies from Stampin Up that make the flip cards. I think these will be awesome for Christmas cards this year! I also received an order from PTI last week of some items that I'd had in my shopping cart for months, along with much needed white card stock!

I need to sell off some of my stash this month to make way for my CHA autumn/holiday wish list. (There's a whole lotta Lawn Fawn and Simple Stories on that list!)

lesliespringer 08-14-2013 09:43 AM

Well, I put in a big SU order of paper, ink, refill and 4 stamps sets.

Recently I ordered from Unity. Oh My, My new favorite company. Phyllis Harris Stamps are to Die For!

This Saturday I am going to Collinsville, IL Stamp Convention and I can't wait!!

Shame on me! NOT ;) Have not spent money in a long time on my stampin' stuff.

PedalPower 08-14-2013 09:54 AM

You girls have found some great things....my paper is sounding a little boring!! LOL!

Cook22 08-14-2013 01:20 PM

I got my first non-cardstock and essentials order since late Feb just yesterday.
Main items - two The Crafter's Workshop stencils (card to upload tomorrow)
two embossing folders - honeycomb and crackle
two Sizzix floral dies - another card to upload tomorrow because I need a daylight photo
Well, gosh, there must have been more than that. Oh - some Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon to try out, and an IO cover-a-card backgrounder. It was a real treat after so long with nothing but staples to have new things to play with this evening.

Patterned paper is always fun - and storage is practical, so enjoy your purchases :D.

Cook22 08-14-2013 01:20 PM

Double posted, even though it told me I had to wait 15 seconds.
The crinkle ribbon also made it onto one of the cards I'll upload tomorrow :D.

buggainok 08-14-2013 02:20 PM

Reading blogs and watching videos gets me in big trouble. I follow Kristina Werner and she made some wonderful envelopes and decorated them. So I just bought a really cute stamp set to decorate envelopes, and a new-to-me marker that adds shimmer.

Here are links:

*Simon Says Clear Stamps ENVELOPE SENTIMENTS sss101303

*Wink of Stella GLITTER CLEAR Brush Tip Marker 025320

gregzgurl 08-14-2013 03:00 PM

I just made the biggest purchase I've done in over a year! Purple Onion Designs is having a 10th anniversary sale, and all of the stamps (which are super-good prices to begin with) are 25% off. I adore every single stamp Stacey Yacula draws, so I now own most of them! Also a few others, and a fabulous scrapping/journaling bundle that they put together especially for the sale. My order has shipped, but isn't here yet...

The other things I bought locally were the EK Success reindeer head punch (Christmas is coming all too soon) and a couple of embossing folders - Poteeka Birds and Vintage Keys by Paper Studio.

I just bought a laptop and took the computer desk out of my workroom/craft room today and rearranged everything, so now when my new toys get here I'll have a fresh new space to play in!

ceramicat1 08-14-2013 03:20 PM

Well, since my order from Purple Onion Designs arrived today, I would say that is my most recent purchase. I ordered on 8-11 and received them 8-14! Amazing, especially in the middle of a sale.

Cartermrc 08-14-2013 03:26 PM

A couple of new plates for my Big Shot on sale at Joann's a couple of months ago. I just bought a new iPad so I don't have a lot of extra $$ right now!

Joan B 08-14-2013 03:29 PM

mini jingle bells and felt glue.

RiverIsis 08-14-2013 05:45 PM

Envelope punch board with a 30% off coupon at Archiver's on Saturday. That was my first "card" craft purchase all summer and probably it for a while.

Makalah 08-14-2013 06:47 PM

I took advantage of my Stampin' Up convention discount, and got a bunch of sparkly things... glimmer paper, glitter, rhinestones, fancy paper from the holiday catalog, and the new envelope liner thinlit dies. Time to play around with some holiday cards!

DianeinSparks 08-14-2013 08:04 PM

Just ordered today: Memory Box Lindeman Snowflake die; Distress Seasonal Markers; Christmas Trees embossing folder; and a set of Memento blue markers.

bacon 08-14-2013 08:33 PM

Vegabond, HC last release, WR Memory Keepers punches, two spellbinder dies and the Elizabeth craft design dies...oh my, I need help!!

SophieLaFontaine 08-15-2013 02:59 AM

$40 worth of used stamps - some SU!, some CTMH, some by companies I've never heard of. I love used stamps.

DarcyJo 08-15-2013 03:26 AM

I got a Big Shot Pro found it on sale so I can use the grand nesties for my daughters wedding invites easie, good excuse anyway. :)

Crafts 08-15-2013 03:49 AM

The newest SCS tutorial for Mixed Media Canvas looks like so much fun... I just ordered three 10 x 10" cradled basswood panels. Can't wait to try it. :D

CraftyMel2 08-15-2013 04:53 AM

I broke down and finally bought a Starbucks stamp on Ebay. My girls both love Starbucks and I get them gift cards now and again...always wished I had a stamp (I have bought a coffee just to tear the cup apart for the dang logo!)

dillyb5 08-15-2013 11:35 AM

I just ordered Gina K. Stamp TV kit and her latest 8 new Color Companion Ink pads, now waiting for delivery will be rough lol :)

PedalPower 08-15-2013 11:53 AM

Looks like us stampers have been doing our part to stimulate the economy!!

muscrat 08-15-2013 01:48 PM

Just today I picked up this: A2 Curved Borders One at my LSS. I also got some metallic reinker to properly do the polished stone technique and waiting for my pieces to dry!

Crafter 4 Life 08-15-2013 01:52 PM

I get together with an informal group of paper crafters at our LSS. We were just saying how we are our own worst enemies (for each other) because we share ideas and the tools/accessories we used to achieve our end product then the buying urge 'kicks' in!😜

sprtchick 08-15-2013 10:42 PM

Ok.for personal use: huge SU order came yesterday (over $500) placed another order today. New dies from MFT (blueprints 2,3,4,5) and stamps, new Authentique papers, new Echo Park papers, a lot of new sizzix pop up dies (not sure of the number but 10 to 13) some new Kaisercrafts papers....oh and a ton of washi tape from Michaels because it is on clearance. I cant remember what else.
Blessings.

gregzgurl 08-16-2013 03:36 AM

My Purple Onion order came yesterday, and I am beyond ecstatic! I CANNOT believe how much stampy goodness you get for the money! True, I spent $166, but that included shipping and I have some AMAZINGLY adorable stamps, as well as some very, very useful ones! I got the Vintage Perpetual Calendar set, and the scrapbook bundle, for example. ALL of the stamps in the scrapbook bundle were larger than I pictured in my head - so much more versatile than what I thought I was getting (and I already thought it was a great, versatile set)! There are frames and journaling blocks and numbers and brackets and days of the week and a pointing finger and a stack of books and an alphabet and a ticket - 76 stamps total (for $7.50)! The entire order - after trimming the rubber and putting glue on the back and putting them on laminated cardstock - fills SIX 8 1/2" x 11" sheets!!! PLUS - I had a larger order and a second very small order, so Michelle emailed me to say that she was combining my orders and did I want a refund for some of the shipping, or another stamp of that value? AND she added EIGHT stamps - mistletoe, a snowflake and five sentiments on top of everything else! GO NOW, and take advantage of a great sale at a great company! Purple Onion Designs The sale goes until August 25th.

Jennifer R 08-16-2013 07:35 AM

I also got a whole bunch of the new Stacey Yacula and Project Life type stamps from Purple Onion Designs.

Then I bought some Project Life cards and page protectors for my scrapbooking.

diecuts4u 08-16-2013 10:49 AM

latest stamping purchase

got hubby to go to a across the state Hwy 141 garage sales. I purchased a 30 shelf office paper rack cabinet for $15 and 21 Su rollagraph wheels drumroll for 25 cents for the whole bag..........unreal.

klh54 08-16-2013 04:30 PM

[QUOTE=gregzgurl;20295979]I just made the biggest purchase I've done in over a year! Purple Onion Designs is having a 10th anniversary sale, and all of the stamps (which are super-good prices to begin with) are 25% off. I adore every single stamp Stacey Yacula draws, so I now own most of them! Also a few others, and a fabulous scrapping/journaling bundle that they put together especially for the sale. My order has shipped, but isn't here yet...

Okay, it is BAD for me to read these posts! I, too, love Stacey Yacula's work and so because they're having a sale , I HAD to visit PurpleOnion and buy a few things. I can say, I didn't go overboard (well I did at first, but the voice of reason soon spoke loud enough for me to hear) and I reduced my cart to just $23.00!! I will soon own several more of Stacey's designs too :p
Thanks Enabler!! lol
Kathy

Tinkerbell1958 08-16-2013 09:00 PM

Washi tape. Love it. I am now officially addicted.

ccorrente 08-17-2013 04:49 AM

I am going crazy for Copic Markers!! I love them. The look they give is amazing.

Oddesigns 08-17-2013 05:36 AM

Does this count: LERBERG CD/DVD wall shelf - dark gray - IKEA

I designed my craft room before the cling mounted sets in DVD cases came about, so I had no appropriate storage for these items. I was going to buy the Bende DVD tower and cram it in next to one of my Billy shelves, but the Lerberg holders were much cheaper and much easier to fit into my existing space.

QueenOfInkland 08-17-2013 08:09 AM

My most recent was a lot of 34 new Montana 15mm acrylic paint markers that I got on eBay for $62.00 shipped - awesome deal. Donna Downey uses these and I love what she does with them so I am one excited, happy camper. They're en route to me 'as we speak'.

uncbballfan 08-17-2013 12:15 PM

I haven't been too bad... just bought Tim Holtz's Picket Fence distress stain (on sale with free shipping at Joann's); and a stamp set and dies that I have wanted for a long, long time: PTI's Tremendous Treats: Birthday. After purging some sets that I didn't want, and selling them on the BST Forum, I felt perfectly justified in treating myself.

bradley's_mom 08-17-2013 01:17 PM

a whipper Snapper soccer stamp of a little girl and perfect layers. I've wanted it forever!

gregzgurl 08-17-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oddesigns (Post 20299158)
Does this count: LERBERG CD/DVD wall shelf - dark gray - IKEA

I designed my craft room before the cling mounted sets in DVD cases came about, so I had no appropriate storage for these items. I was going to buy the Bende DVD tower and cram it in next to one of my Billy shelves, but the Lerberg holders were much cheaper and much easier to fit into my existing space.

Totally counts! Anything that makes our hobby more enjoyable COUNTS!

bound4london 08-17-2013 10:41 PM

I helped at the OWH garage sale and purchased three My Favorite Things stamps for $2 a piece. I could have bought more but only had $7 on me. Threw the other dollar in e cash box because it seemed like the right thing to do. Great deal on the stamps to support a great cause.

Allistamps123 08-18-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainok (Post 20295945)
Reading blogs and watching videos gets me in big trouble. I follow Kristina Werner and she made some wonderful envelopes and decorated them. So I just bought a really cute stamp set to decorate envelopes, and a new-to-me marker that adds shimmer.

Here are links:

*Simon Says Clear Stamps ENVELOPE SENTIMENTS sss101303

*Wink of Stella GLITTER CLEAR Brush Tip Marker 025320

I also follow Kristina Werner...hadn't seen the envelope decoration video yet...I so want this now that you linked it! I don't buy many stamp sets any more, but this is something different and would love to order it! Thanks!

Allistamps123 08-18-2013 02:41 AM

It's been so long I can't remember! I guess it was when SU's catalog retired. I got the children's set -I dig you and some card stock.

karentom 08-18-2013 07:04 AM

I bought some Magnolia stamps right here on SCS "Buy, Sell, Trade"
Karen