Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What is your favorite wheel? Most versatile? Most recent? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-your-favorite-wheel-most-versatile-most-recent-40899/)

Soozie4Him 04-04-2005 10:41 AM

What is your favorite wheel? Most versatile? Most recent?

I really didn't appreciate wheels until I became a demo last July and got my first one (Whirly Twirly). Now I love them! And I'm accumulating the cartridges too - those can get expensive!

Anyway, I love the Double-Line Stitched Plaid and Hot-to-Dot for being so versatile! Today I got 3 new wheels - WashDay and Perfect Polka Dot Jumbos, and Heart of Africa. I don't ever buy wheels (or stamps for that matter!) without checking the SCS Gallery for samples!

Susan

camsmom 04-04-2005 10:47 AM

I like
hot to dot
the leafy one that matches in full bloom
starry one that used to match Peace on Earth

Jumbo-love square pegs :D

jranagel 04-04-2005 10:53 AM

I LOVE Wash Day!!!!

Onita76 04-04-2005 10:58 AM

i really like "delicate design" and also the one that matched the bundle up set from the winter mini i think it was called "twinkle"

scrappinjulie 04-04-2005 11:03 AM

My favorites are star studded and whirley-twirly. I can't get enough of them with the versamark refill.

misswendyk 04-04-2005 11:06 AM

Using Wheels

I have about 10 different wheels but I can never seem to get them straight. I thought there was a gadget in the SU catalog, but cannot find it. Does anyone have any tips on keeping the wheels lined up and straight? :roll:

stampinalot 04-04-2005 11:12 AM

I love em ALL!! SO easy and versatile. I love to wheel gift boxes.

Sue

Happy Heart 04-04-2005 11:17 AM

I love Leaf Prints! I find myself reaching for it all the time. I have to believe that it's going to be in the new catalog along with petal prints.`

sunshineb 04-04-2005 11:22 AM

Where do you get the versamark refill?????

grazina 04-04-2005 11:24 AM

I love all the wheels. Right now I'm using Bloomin' and Dragonfly a lot. Regarding misswendyk's question on the wheel guide, it was introduced in the winter mini and is now in the spring mini. It is a great tool.

miss missy 04-04-2005 11:25 AM

Re: Using Wheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by misswendyk
I have about 10 different wheels but I can never seem to get them straight. I thought there was a gadget in the SU catalog, but cannot find it. Does anyone have any tips on keeping the wheels lined up and straight? :roll:

There is a wheel guide that is availble in the mini catalogs, it is not in the main catalog at this time but I think it is available in all of the mini's until the new main book comes out...I personally use the edge of my paper trimmer as a guide though but you can do some other neat things like angles etc with the wheel guide...

ETA..I love the twinkle wheel

Korillian 04-04-2005 11:29 AM

What about ink colors?

I love the look of cards that use the wheels but I can't help wondering what kind/how many different ink cartridges people have? You'd really have to know what you want to use it with, I think, in order to pick one or two cartridges to have on hand?

--Anne

kimmiekrafts 04-04-2005 11:30 AM

I love making tracks (my dh has RC cars), twinkle twinkle (winter mini) and go team (for goodie bags and books for dd soccer team).

lisastamper0124 04-04-2005 11:38 AM

Susan - We must have the same taste, because I have all the ones you listed that you have, and I'm new to getting wheels too! I also have bitty bugs, busy blocks, crayon ABC's, and lovely ladybugs. I love wheels. I need somewhere to hang them all so that I don't forget to use them. They are in a drawer now and I sometimes forget! I want more of these little buggers too!

witty5 04-04-2005 11:39 AM

I love the Flitting By Jumbo Wheel!

Ellahsmom 04-04-2005 11:41 AM

I love Whirly Twirly. I have many of the ink colored cartridges but my favorite it the craft white one. I use it all the time!

stefee 04-04-2005 11:43 AM

My favorite has been for a long time Gifts Galore. You can use it for male, female, birthday, Christmas, just because, shower, etc etc. I love it!

hookandstamp 04-04-2005 11:45 AM

Most used: Leaf Prints
Recent purchase: Jumbo Cool

I love Makin' Tracks too.

Jami 04-04-2005 11:48 AM

I love wheels and have lots. The first one that comes to mind is Whimsical Blossoms. Makes a great backround or border in just about any color. Also looks great in black and colored in with markers on glossy.

Crafteemommy 04-04-2005 11:51 AM

I had never gotten a wheel before, until it was brought to my attention that for a quarter card I can just ink it on my stamp pad. I'm sure it takes a few seconds longer than with the cartriges, however, I can use that money to buy more stamps!

Shelley

kelljill 04-04-2005 12:57 PM

To choose one wheel...that's tough!! Maybe hot to dot is one of my favorites, another would be the spackle looking one...it's great for background of my scrapbook!!
I love embossing with the wheel...everyone always oooh's and aaaah's.

inkylady 04-04-2005 01:19 PM

Favorite - It's a tie between Hot to Dot and the leaf wheel from the summer mini that went with Petal Prints.

Most Versatile - Either Hot to Dot or Swirl Style for me

Most Recent - The wheel to match Winged Things

Cat 04-04-2005 02:03 PM

I just love my one and only Jumbo wheel, Square pegs. It makes the best backgrounds!

Amanda_Sewell 04-04-2005 02:07 PM

I love the Double-Line Stitched Plaid and Hot-to-Dot as well as LOVE swirls! They all rock!

LizzieStamps 04-04-2005 02:18 PM

Most used/versatile: Swirl Style (designed to go with "I Like Your Style," but goes with EVERYTHING!)

Most recent purchase: Bold Butterfly Jumbo

Favorites: Swirl Style, Hot to Dot, and the Jumbos from the Holiday Mini catalog: Poinsettia, Woodcut Holly, and Stars & Swirls (I think that is what it's called).

Wheels are good, wheels are fun!
Let's all go out and buy one . . . or two . . . :wink:

Kat's Meow 04-04-2005 04:01 PM

Wheelie-Dealies

My favorites are Easy Check, Pindot and Bold Blocks. I want to use them with the 3 different mini 12 pack sets, Bitty Bold is one.

However, the first one that I bought was Totally Teacup which matches You Warm My Heart. That was the first set I fell in love with. It looks alot like the Mary Englebrett designs, which I also love but won't pay the price to get.

My orginal idea for the set was to emboss with BBlack and fill in the spaces. However, I wondered how long that would be fun. This set though beautiful, feels limited. I got the wheel to play with and see how much I enjoy the technique.