Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What is your favorite thing about SU? POLL (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-your-favorite-thing-about-su-poll-157820/)

annabelle1974 06-25-2006 08:11 AM

What is your favorite thing about SU? POLL

What is your favorite thing about SU?

nkowalk 06-25-2006 08:18 AM

I can't answer this poll! I can't choose just one! LOL!

Consuelo 06-25-2006 08:18 AM

The quality and variety of stamp sets, cardstock and inks!

caseyandstephy 06-25-2006 08:23 AM

I voted for colors but there are several things that I love about SU!. I live in Oregon so shipping from them is 2 days for me. I love the accessories (must have more ribbon!). I also love that the stamps come in sets. There is little that I don't love.

smitty2004 06-25-2006 08:31 AM

all of the above!

bsktcase27 06-25-2006 08:44 AM

#1 Quality of the stamps..not a choice, so i put my second ..the colors of paper , ink markers...I like the coordination of the colors....

I do not like that they come in sets, I wish we could buy them individually..because often i like just one or two in a set....but oh well..I can live with that..I pretty much like all the other things about SU! oh except the shipping cost!

ccarol 06-25-2006 09:44 AM

i voted for the "comes in sets" - i know that sometimes i don't really think i need all the stamps in the sets,but after i have then i;m always glad i have those extra ones - it makes such a complete design package --

also i love how all the cardstock, ink, markers match and how the colors coordinate --

basically- i just love everything about SU and SCS

carol

Ally 06-25-2006 10:17 AM

I voted for colors, but by that I mean I love that they all coordinate, rather than the colors they actually are if that makes any sense.
There is nothing worse than trying for example to match a pink Tombow pen to pink Bazzill cardstock, they just never match.
The color coordination gives a much more professional card, IMO.

craftybee 06-25-2006 10:20 AM

I would have voted for my Demo but that wasn't a choice. She's great!

Cheryle

hedgiemama 06-25-2006 11:07 AM

I think the fact there are color families and the assorted things to go with each family, is what has mades it less daunting to become a stamper. How many hours can you wander around a store, not knowing where to begin?

Then, you see the stamp sets works so nicely together. And the demo teaches you things, and pretty soon, you have a hobby and love it.

Look at how the products maintain their value, even when used, and stained? The quality is outstanding.

kphorse 06-25-2006 11:17 AM

Just about all of the above, but I voted the variety of stamps. They really do have something for about everyone.

Karen

Of course, then you need all the other *stuff* from the catty too!

Jackie Lee H 06-25-2006 11:19 AM

What is MY favorite thing about SU?

All good choices in the poll, however I think the best thing is being part of a huge family. Both company, customers and demos. I have many great friends from SU! :D
Then there's the products, the specials, the freebies, the NEW CATALOG!!!, the list is endless!!
I REALLY can't think of anything that I am unhappy about re SU!
I've been a demo for 5+ years, and still LOVE it!

jeanstamping2 06-25-2006 01:01 PM

I like the variety of stamps.

Julie1 06-25-2006 02:02 PM

I said the variety of stamps, but i could have chose all of the above. :)

jwjazz 08-10-2006 01:03 PM

I really like a lot more than just one thing about SU! The stamps are such a great price, come in matching sets and co-ordinate with many of their other stamp sets. The selection is great and they come out with new stamps every quarter and a large amount of new stamps once a year. They have stamps that you can't find other place. There is no problem matching ink, paper, marker, etc. It is a great way to get what you need.

vbcaser 08-10-2006 01:04 PM

I like it all.

Hailey Sue 08-10-2006 02:52 PM

That was hard to just pick one answer. Really it was all the above reasons as to why I love SU.

mothermcbride 08-10-2006 02:55 PM

I picked prices because I think the prices for stamps are just great. But, I can't think of anything I don't like, really. There are certain areas in which change wouldn't bother me but, in general, I am very satisfied with everything. Quality should have been one of the choices because that's what immediately came to mind. :)

twinks 08-10-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftybee
I would have voted for my Demo but that wasn't a choice. She's great!

Cheryle

Took the words right out of my mouth! :D

different demos, same feelings

lilorangemouse 08-10-2006 03:01 PM

There needs to be an all of the above option! Those are all things I love about SU! Tough choice for me between the variety of stamps and the colours of paper/ink etc.

brendaruse 08-10-2006 03:05 PM

Hmmm, too many things to mention -so I couldn't vote:

Here are two more that weren't mentioned:

1. QUALITY of stamps, papers, and inks.
2. Service to demos.

Been a stamper for 16 years, demo for 3 ;)

wynona 08-10-2006 03:25 PM

I think this one would be better for a two or three answer thing. :) Kind of hard to pick just one.

Thanks for the poll.

thuskins 08-10-2006 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ally
I voted for colors, but by that I mean I love that they all coordinate, rather than the colors they actually are if that makes any sense.
There is nothing worse than trying for example to match a pink Tombow pen to pink Bazzill cardstock, they just never match.
The color coordination gives a much more professional card, IMO.

I did the same. It's the color families that got me hooked and what keep me a loyal customer. The stamp sets I didn't like at first because there was usually only 1 stamp I wanted in the set. (I was not used to things coordinating so I had tunnel vision for focal images.) Now I love the sets and the variety you can get from just one set. The cardstock is amazing quality, none that I've found compares. I was not thrilled about the price of stamps when I first saw the catalogue (back to the set issue). I've since learned that all I need is one set to make so many cards that the price is not as bad as I thought. Once I compared the other items, I found prices were not only reasonable but in some cases cheaper. I do love the wood and do not want to change. It's a personal preference. In this catologue I love the samples and the accessories.

stitchinstampin 08-10-2006 04:37 PM

Actually I like everything about Stampin Up........I'm full blown hooked on Stampin Up products.....I do buy other stamps but not like i do SU.....

Lori

stampin_af_grrl 08-10-2006 05:08 PM

NO FAIR!! They're all true!!!!

pickle 08-10-2006 06:21 PM

[QUOTE=craftybee]I would have voted for my Demo but that wasn't a choice. She's great!

Glad to hear that and good for you!!! A good demo is priceless :)

kristransue 08-10-2006 06:23 PM

I voted for the colors, since everything coordinates. I stray a bit when I buy other stamps, but I haven't really ventured into other cardstock yet. I love the quality of the cardstock too.

lindylou1220 08-10-2006 06:27 PM

I picked colors but could've easily added most of the others.

Stampin' Adventurer 08-10-2006 06:47 PM

Had to pick colors because it used to be so difficult to coordinate ink and paper, then I found SU! Of course I love the coordinating stamps, too!

GWTW Junkie 08-10-2006 07:39 PM

You really need to add an "All of the Above" choice--everything is totally true! I have yet to meet another company that performs half as well in any of the areas mentioned. There's a reason SU is voted #1 year after year after year...

SCEmily 08-10-2006 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' Adventurer
Had to pick colors because it used to be so difficult to coordinate ink and paper, then I found SU! Of course I love the coordinating stamps, too!

Me too:)

Doodah 08-10-2006 11:12 PM

Shame on you Annabelle, I had a hard time picking but went with colors etc, etc. I have been buying from SU for 10 years and I guess that says it all!! I have never had a bad experience with them yet, knock on wood blocks LOL. Anywyas SU offers great products reasonable prices, quick shipping and NO tax in Oregon can't beat it!!!