Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   WHat is your favorite stamp cleaner? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-your-favorite-stamp-cleaner-479683/)

meluvstampin 02-09-2010 02:39 AM

WHat is your favorite stamp cleaner?

I am looking for a new awesome stamp cleaner and was wondering what is your go to favorite?

deb_loves_stamping 02-09-2010 03:04 AM

Definitely Ultraclean ... it will clean off ANY stains that you have, even old black Staz On ... love it, love it, love it.

MikiBee 02-09-2010 04:50 AM

Another vote for Ultraclean

Crafts 02-09-2010 05:02 AM

In a thread last week, NancyRuth suggested Suave Tropical Coconut shampoo. I haven't tried it yet, but for 88�, it's on my shopping list. http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=478220

meluvstampin 02-09-2010 06:22 AM

Thank you!

Erin K 02-09-2010 06:39 AM

http://shop.ginakdesigns.com/categor...?categoryId=47

I do ultraclean too, I get it from Gina K and she sells refills too.

Funny thing about my ultraclean, it arrives blue but always turns a pinkish purple color. But it still works great.

It cleans everything, stazon, pigment, dye, all of it. And I've gotten second hand stamps several times that were REALLY stained and a good scrubbing with the ultraclean and the rubber is just like brand new. Love it!

The shampoo sounds interesting too, but as I mentioned, I bought the ultraclean in bulk, so it would be a while before I need that.

JLS1 02-09-2010 06:41 AM

Stamp cleaner

Favorite is Stampin Up's. Nice smell and cleans well! The small spray bottle is portable and there is a larger refill which lasts forever.

mireles4 02-09-2010 06:57 AM

I like Ranger Inkssentials stamp cleaner it's bubble gum scented. But does not clean stazon ink. I recently made my own using baby shampoo, glycerin, & distilled water. I think it works as good as the Ranger and is cheaper.

JulieHRR 02-09-2010 07:21 AM

Ultra Clean.

or JudiKins Solvent Ink Cleaner (but, it has fumes, so if you are sensitive, it may not be a good option for you). I used to use it until I found Ultra Clean.

These two were the best I've found yet.

wahinelei 02-09-2010 07:43 AM

Another vote for Ultra Clean. A little spray goes a long way!

sprtchick 02-09-2010 08:15 AM

Stampin Mist, Ultra clean and also going to try the Suave Coconut shampoo...I actually have some in my shower...lol
blessings.

Paula in GA 02-09-2010 09:32 AM

Could somebody tell me where to find the Ultra Clean cleaner? Please.

debbiemom23cs 02-09-2010 09:34 AM

Ultraclean! I get mine from Gina K. Its great!

Paula in GA 02-09-2010 10:19 AM

Thank you debbiemom23cs.

JenMarie 02-09-2010 12:11 PM

Another vote for Ultraclean!!

I get it at Gina K and/or Archiver's.

TexasGrammy 02-09-2010 01:48 PM

Ultraclean ...

It just doesn't get any better than this one. ;)

I keep the large refill bottle tucked away, and keep the little mister right next to my stamp scrubber.

cullenwr 02-09-2010 02:01 PM

I initially bought SU's cleaner, but since I stamp nearly every day it was not cost effective. I found this recipe that smells and performs just like SU's...I keep it in a gallon milk jug and refill my small mister bottle. Works great!
http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/...sdays-tip.html

SheilaKyles 02-09-2010 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin K (Post 16086614)
http://shop.ginakdesigns.com/categor...?categoryId=47

I do ultraclean too, I get it from Gina K and she sells refills too.

Funny thing about my ultraclean, it arrives blue but always turns a pinkish purple color. But it still works great.

It cleans everything, stazon, pigment, dye, all of it. And I've gotten second hand stamps several times that were REALLY stained and a good scrubbing with the ultraclean and the rubber is just like brand new. Love it!

The shampoo sounds interesting too, but as I mentioned, I bought the ultraclean in bulk, so it would be a while before I need that.

Where did you get your Ultraclean in bulk? I'm interested. Thanks

TexasGrammy 02-09-2010 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheilaKyles (Post 16093230)
Where did you get your Ultraclean in bulk? I'm interested. Thanks

Here are a couple of sources (in alphabetical order) for the 8 oz. refill, as well as the 2 oz. spray bottle I wouldn't use anything else. It even removes Staz-On ink from rubber.

eclectic Paperie

Gina K. Designs

meluvstampin 02-10-2010 02:54 AM

Is Ultraclean also safe for clear stamps?

Crafts 02-10-2010 04:21 AM

According to the Stewart Superior website, Ultra Clean is for both clear and rubber stamps. http://www.stewartsuperior.com/html/stamp_cleaners.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampin (Post 16093378)
Is Ultraclean also safe for clear stamps?

Soozie4Him 07-04-2010 09:16 AM

Just resurrecting this old thread - I love how UltraClean get the SU Basic Black/Grey and StazOn off my stamps, BUT it's very greasy, and I use it only for stamps used with the Basic Black and StazOn. Also, people say that it can damage your clear blocks - read this:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...ght=ultraclean

So I prefer baby wipes or SU Stampin' Mist for everything except Black/StazOn. And when I do use those and UltraClean, if the stamp is unmounted rubber, I put it on one of my cheapie acrylic blocks (not my nice SU ones) so I don't damage my good ones.

mighty 07-04-2010 09:26 AM

None other than Ultraclean. It has a power to clean almost every stains.

mtgchic 07-04-2010 11:17 AM

Word of warning because I learned the hard way...I left an acrylic block face down on my stamping desk after I took off the stamp and left it there overnight. When I came back the next day, it was stuck to the table and after a good tug, it came off--along with some of the finish-kind of like small really small bubbles. My guess is that it had some Ultra Clean still on it that dissolved some of the finish.

I still use it, but I am careful where I put my blocks down afterward! :)

stampwithjoanne 07-04-2010 11:19 AM

Basic soap and water works great and is cheap! StazOn Cleaner used for StazOn inks.

Karenwhite 07-04-2010 09:59 PM

Well, to add my two cents worth, I use Tsukineko Stamp Cleaner and Stayzon Cleaner. (They make Versacolor, Versacraft, Stayzon and Versamark). I find them to be quite economical for the amount of use I get. I am fastidious about cleaning my stamps. I have tried things like baby wipes and Stampin'Up cleaner, but was not happy with them. I have got a Stampin' Cleaner Pad which I really like as it does a good job that way. I think if you stamp alot, a cleaner pad is a necessity.

I will try the formula given in a thread above to make my own see what happens.

Thanks for sharing all your ideas.

jkminor 07-05-2010 01:06 AM

Ultraclean for me. I dont have any blocks that are crazed. I love this cleaner. I have gotten some stamps off ebay that were terribly stained and the ultraclean got them clean. I got mine at www.7kidscollegefund.com. Shes great to work with... Warning though her site is dangerous to the stampin budget lol.

Hugs
Jaunice

peeps321 07-05-2010 03:43 AM

I recently ordered some Ultraclean because of all the recommendations in this thread...it's incredible! It definately lives up to all the praises received here. I ordered mine from Ellen Hutson. Thanks for the tip about this product!

lhs43 07-05-2010 07:19 AM

Thanks for the info on cleaners!

EvaC 07-05-2010 08:02 AM

Simple Green----Lowe's

monkeymama 07-05-2010 09:11 AM

Another vote for Ultra Clean! Love the stuff! I have had a 2 oz. bottle for a couple of years and there's still a bit in the bottom; I had bought a refill but havn't needed it yet. One of the things I really like is that it stays moist on my scrubber, so I don't need to use some every time I stamp.

craftdesigns 07-05-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampin (Post 16085065)
I am looking for a new awesome stamp cleaner and was wondering what is your go to favorite?

KissOff...hands down! I've been using it for almost 20 years, and I don't have a messy stamp in the bunch. My stamps get covered with everything from ink to paint to glue to bleach to anything else I can slap on them, and it (including dried acrylic paint) all comes off with KO.

I stamp and rub the die on a scrap piece of craft foam to get as much ink off the stamp, rub the KO over the die, and wipe it off with a damp sponge. If the gunk has dried rock hard (acrylic paint is a good example of this), the KO stays on the die overnight, then scrubed with a bit of water and a cheapo battery operated toothbrush (less than $5.00 at the dollar store).

No smell, non-toxic, ultra inexpensive...great stuff!

KayInFL 07-05-2010 04:33 PM

I use The Angel Company cleaner and i love it. I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that it's made by Ultra Clean? It's blue and it cleans everything even really badly stained rubber :)