Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What is your absolute favorite stamp/scrap item that you USE? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-your-absolute-favorite-stamp-scrap-item-you-use-134531/)

christi_rockey 04-03-2006 12:40 PM

What is your absolute favorite stamp/scrap item that you USE?

Well, I just spent about 45 minutes reading the thread about items you hate and are embarassed to have. But now I am curious to know what you favorite 1 or 2 items are that you can't live without and actually USE!

I would not be the same scrapper or cardmaker without my good old fashioned exacto craft knife and a fiskars cutting mat. I am continually printing titles in outline onto cardstock and cutting them out. I don't live close to a craft store and it's a lot cheaper and more versatile than any die cutter I've seen! It might even be faster since I don't have to drive 45 minutes, pack up the kids and schlepp to 5 store to get what I want!

Disneywed 04-03-2006 12:42 PM

coluzzle and dimensionals

chickers089 04-03-2006 01:19 PM

hmmmmm...
mono, xyron, craft and rubber scissors, paper snips, stampin' mist and scrub, ummmmmm,ok, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allee's 04-03-2006 01:29 PM

My brayers!

altds34 04-03-2006 01:35 PM

my perfect layers tools, and glue dots...all sizes! :)

mmferg 04-03-2006 01:37 PM

Ribbon!!!

I couldn't live without my ribbon and my perfect layers! I have had my perfect layers for almost 4 years and I use them everytime I scrap or make a card.

queenoe 04-03-2006 01:42 PM

Ok, I give, what are "perfect layer". Love Ribbon, use to be I put ribbon on everything!!

McStamper 04-03-2006 01:42 PM

I can't live without my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig!

anniem888 04-03-2006 02:05 PM

my guillotine paper cutter, my paper punches.

Twiz 04-03-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McStamper

I have to say this is my favorite and first thing I always use and reach for first

lazylizard 04-03-2006 02:18 PM

I'm agreeing with annie, it's guillotine paper cutter. Quick, easy, and couldn't live without it.

amahanes 04-03-2006 02:20 PM

Knowing your kids and that you usually stop at my house too - to play with the cats - the exacto knife would be a lot quicker! :)

I love the perfect layers tool and think you should buy it! Have you tried mine yet? Can't remember if I've shown you that one or not.

My favorite scrapping item (you know - since I'm such the scrapper and all) would probably be the jumbo wheels and ink cartridges. I just started to really get into the scrapping and these make things sooooooooo easy!

ladybugstamper2 04-03-2006 03:16 PM

Hi!
My favorites are bone folder, brayer, glitter and beads.

Joan B 04-03-2006 03:49 PM

Perfect layers is a set of rulers and cutting knife that allows folks to make accurate sized mats.

My "go to all the time" item is the SU crafter's tool kit. I love the plastic template for poking holes and the little mat and sponge mats are can fit on my super crowded stamp area! I put my adhesive in the front pocket and now I know where it always is!

dinagriff 04-03-2006 04:30 PM

My bone folder and 1/8 inch hole punch are the two items I reach for the most.

Dina

misswendyk 04-03-2006 05:05 PM

First of all, where is the thread of the stuff people don't like.. I am curious to see that as well.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my scrubbing mat and mist, my xyron runner- 1 1/2 inch, I love the cropper hopper to hold my 12 by 12 paper, um.. and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my SU Stamp Pads (I am not a Demo), but I have all 48 of the old colors (04-05) and I have tried all differnt types of stamps pads and these are truly the best!

stampforjoy 04-03-2006 06:24 PM

I always use my Stampin' Scrub & Mist and Stamp-a-ma-jig.
I would really like to know more about Xryon. What do you use it for? Why do you love it? What am I missing out on?

Mariah II 04-03-2006 06:25 PM

Is Perfect Layers a SU product? If so, where do you find it in the catalog?
Love this thread!
Mariah

Cindygrammy2 04-03-2006 06:29 PM

Favorite items

I think the mono, and ribbon. I have never seen perfect layers, but, it sounds interesting. I'll have to get my demo. on that.
Cindy

mmferg 04-03-2006 07:04 PM

Perfect layers is in the SU! spring mini...and it was in the Winter mini also ;)

I will try to attach a link to the spring mini from the SU! site.

http://catalogs.shoplocal.com/stampi...toreid=1038724

MaryMary 04-03-2006 07:07 PM

I love my Stamp-a-ma-jig and my blender pens. It's hard to believe that I had the Stamp-a-ma-jig nearly a year before I actually started using it.

Mary

laurakj 04-03-2006 07:46 PM

Ummm only one??? I love my ribbon, Lego-ma-jig ;) , trimmer, aquapainter, matte brads, and my Cutter Bees!

jess_witty 04-03-2006 08:33 PM

For tools:
I agree on the Stampamajig. I am not the type to use it for everything, but it can't be beat for stamping directly on the card and not pieces that are going to be cut out and layered.

Also, my small spring-loaded Fiskars paper snips, and Fiskars 12" Ultimate Craft Rotary Paper Trimmer (I looked up the actual title on that one!) with the metal arm thingy - not the one that has the plastic track for the blade. I'm not a fan of the guillotine style cutters and I do love my mom's big ol' Carl Cutter for big projects, but I love this Fiskars trimmer for most of my everyday projects. It also comes with a scoring blade that I love and use daily.

Also cannot live without the adhesive remover thingy from SU cause I am an over-adheasive-er. And the Aquapainters, although I actually have the Niji brand waterbrushes and I love them. And the SU paper piercing template and foam mat.

In terms of actual craft items, I would say SU Whisper White cardstock and SU markers. Use both daily.

I guess that's more than just your requested one or two items! But I love them all!

thecardpixie 04-03-2006 09:40 PM

For me, any and all embellishments! Brads, eyelets, ribbon, rick rack, bookplates, Primas...I can't get enough of 'em!
As cutters go, my favorite is my little Exacto guillotine cutter. Doesn't fit whole sheets of paper, but I go to it for everything but. I use my Fiskars cutter to cut whole sheets of cs in half, but I don't use it for much else.
I love to use my mat pack for faux stitching too!

nightscrapper 04-03-2006 09:54 PM

My gosh, can't pick just two! Hmmm, probably ribbon and glitter.

marlo

palval77 04-04-2006 01:05 AM

ribbon and signo gel pen (white)

Happy Heart 04-04-2006 02:00 AM

Versa Mark and ribbon! I use both on almost every card I make! I just bought another 10 rolls of ribbon at Michaels last night. Somebody stop me!!! (Well, they were on sale for $1.00, so I guess it's okay!)

JudyKruger 04-04-2006 03:58 AM

Quote:

I totally agree! I just can't stamp without it! :D

Rubber Stamp Nut 04-04-2006 05:28 AM

I couldn't scrap (or make cards) without my Perfect Layers tool. I love it! I tend to sponge a lot, too, so I need the SU Sponges. And my alpha sets!

Glittergal 04-04-2006 06:20 AM

Quote:

Me three (or is it up to four or five by now)? Also my Crystal Stickles. And my waterbrush & blender pens.

stampinsweeney 04-04-2006 07:20 AM

SU Markers
Cutterpede Trimmer

Kkrenn 04-04-2006 11:12 AM

I love all of my stuff but if I had to pick one it would be my punches (ok more than one!) I love my SU punches, they are the best and they make things so much easier!

Erin in Okc 04-04-2006 11:25 AM

Hmmm...I can't stick with two or three!!
1. perfect layers/hobby blade/mat
2. stampin' scrub/mist
3. $1 bone folder I got at Bed, Bath and Beyond (it's actually a plastic scraper!)
4. trimmer
5. Vario tabs for scrapping/double sided tape for cards
6. sticky strip, for sticking to most 'un' stickable stuff
7. glue dots
8. journaling pen
9. tons of whisper white cardstock!!
10. And finally...my crafter's tool kit!!
Sorry, I just couldn't do just two!
Erin

Melanwee1 04-04-2006 12:04 PM

I'd have to say my Fiskars 12" paper trimmer, bone folder, 1/8 paper punch, dotto adhesive. I also use the crystal effects WAAAAAY more than I thought I would! Ribbon, brads & silver cording are things I use ALL the time. I just bought the rubber brayer & the Stamp A Ma Jig, wish ya'll were here to show me how to actually use them better! Any tutorials on those?!
~Melanie

krabearkub 04-04-2006 12:16 PM

I could not live without my Moss Cardstock, Moss Ribbon or my silver brads!

I love my Auqua Painters, double stick scotch tape and 12" Fiskars paper cutter also!

krabearkub 04-04-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melanwee1
I just bought the rubber brayer & the Stamp A Ma Jig, wish ya'll were here to show me how to actually use them better! Any tutorials on those?!
~Melanie

If you do a search for brayer you will find lots of helpful information.

For the Stamp-a-ma-jig I made a tutorial a little over a month ago in the Resource section. Here is a link:

Stamp-a-ma-jig Tutorial

HTH

Palapala 04-04-2006 12:26 PM

My fav is Making Memories Paper Scrapper. Its the tool I use most often. Since my nickname should be "can't tear paper straight" :D I drag the Paper Scrapper on the cut edges and Viola! Nice, straight aged paper edges. When I have the ladies over for our stamping nights, I always have to track it down to use it because they've confiscated it - especially my sister. She accidentally (yeah, right) put it away in her case. It comes in the MM Distressor Kit or you can buy it alone. My stamp dealer special ordered it for me and it was only $2.99.

My other favorite is my Kai scissors. Cuts through rubber like butter.

Kath 04-04-2006 12:36 PM

Adhesives: glue dots, Scotch ATG 700, mono runner, Xyron X-250-510!
Tools: punches, Cutterpede-great for easily cutting 6x6 with the fold out arm, scissors.
Embellishments: ribbon, Primas, brads.

Sorry, can't pick just one but if you tied me down and demanded an answer, I'd have to say punches!

velvetabby 04-04-2006 01:12 PM

I love Memory Makers brads (in sherbert or bright colors) and 3-d mounting tape (not SU, but I know they have the dimensionals product). I also like Bazzil textured paper for mounting. It adds a neat touch when you have a layered card.

~ Kristen
Seattle, WA

hedgiemama 04-04-2006 02:43 PM

1st message mentions disliked products

Just wondering where the thread is that is mentioned in the first message about the products people dislike? That would be helpful to read! Thanks;-)