Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What are you working on now? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-you-working-now-266924/)

look-inkgood 07-09-2007 01:43 PM

What are you working on now?

There's a kind of "holiday lull" over the summer. The next holiday being Halloween (unless you make Labor Day cards!) What are you working on these days?

momis mama 07-09-2007 01:46 PM

i have been invited to a crop on the 20th.

these gals are scrappers and i make cards... i have WAY too much stuff to pack and go so i have been designing a card and then as i make it i put all the stuff i need to make 3, 4 or maybe 6 more of the same design into a ziplock bag for assembly that day. so far i have about 8 or 9 card designs and baggies to go.

parrothead 07-09-2007 01:47 PM

Well...just bought 5 new Halloween stamps today...so.....guess I'd better put them to use as soon as I get a chance..it would probably help if I got off the computer!!!

skstampin 07-09-2007 02:13 PM

I am having a baby in December. My first baby shower is in the first week of August so I am gearing up for making thank you cards. I already have my pregnant Bella stamp that I am going to use - just trying to figure out the design.

After that it's baby announcments. No Christmas cards this year!

LateBlossom 07-09-2007 02:17 PM

Making cards for the troops. Several friends are coming over Wednesday night to make all sorts of cards for our men and women in Iraq to use--birthday cards, Halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving, thinking of you, get well, etc.

I'm also doing the Christmas card challenge here and need to do my July cards--and post my June cards, which I made but haven't photographed yet.

stampwithdiane 07-09-2007 02:35 PM

SU Conventions swaps for me! I only have a couple of weeks left.

Dione 07-09-2007 02:39 PM

I am making ATCS....Garden themed. Then I have to get to work on my Music ATCs....three sets:)

Joan B 07-09-2007 02:40 PM

I'm making a friendship card for -- a friend! Strawberries and scallops.

Skittl1321 07-09-2007 02:41 PM

Starting scrapbooking! I make cards as I need them, and don't need any right now :)

look-inkgood 07-09-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 (Post 6443872)
Starting scrapbooking! I make cards as I need them, and don't need any right now :)

I totally forgot about the scrappers! Shame on me! :oops:

jailbirdstamper 07-09-2007 02:47 PM

I've been trying to make enough cards to keep my blog active while I'm on vacation!

immzw4 07-09-2007 02:54 PM

I'm doing an accordion book and some random swaps.

sassyat30 07-09-2007 02:56 PM

Right now, I am working on a chipboard five-ring photo album for my mom, with pics of the kids in the pool. It's a summer theme. :D

I'm using the new paper line from Flair Designs, Inc.

http://www.flairdesignsinc.com/produ...ypeID=0&onSale=

Linrob 07-09-2007 03:06 PM

My sister and I are giving a baby shower in a couple of months, so I'm working on game gifts, invite, thank you cards, etc. Also doing extra birthday, anniversay, etc. cards. I'm waiting patiently for my first order from the new catty to get here. Linda

laurafjv 07-09-2007 03:07 PM

I just finished baby shower invites for a friend and now am starting invites for my sister-in-law.

tamijo 07-09-2007 03:25 PM

I'm actually not really working on anything right at the moment but I need to work on my altered items for the exchange on the wish rak forum. Need to get busy on these as they have to be received by Aug. 1.

stampkinz 07-09-2007 03:28 PM

I'm working on cards for a Big Blooms swap I joined. I think I will actually have them done ahead of time instead of procrastinating and rushing them to the hostess at the last minute. Just a few more to go.....

stitchinstampin 07-09-2007 03:48 PM

Yea I'm working on Birthday/Anniversary/Thinking of you.........
not into doing for Fall or Christmas yet......

stampin hugs,
Lori :)

mholles 07-09-2007 04:07 PM

I spent the last couple of weeks stocking up on general cards. Now I'm gearing up for VSBN :) Can't wait to get some scrapping done :)

dougswife 07-09-2007 04:11 PM

The Garden Club I belong to is having an anniversary luncheon next month. I'm making calender bookmarks in a garden theme......

ajcmeyer 07-09-2007 04:16 PM

I am working on Calendars as gifts for the grandparents this year. I am scrapping the tops and filling in the bottoms as reminders when everyone's bdays are. This is a bit more work than I had anticipated. I am leaving blank spot for them to put pictures in that we send them. I hope they like them!

DisneyDoll 07-09-2007 04:31 PM

I marked down "other" as I'm working on Coaster Albums for my Junior Girl Scouts from our "Last Hoorah!" on Catalina Island 2 weeks ago. I downloaded a "Piece-a-Cake" album from www.theshabbyshoppe.com because EmilyMomto3Boys had it on her website and I just LOVED this idea! I downloaded the "Splash" album and another one, but used the "Splash" one for this project. So far.....I've designed all the "pages" and had them printed as 4x4 photos. And today I just got the coasters from StarLitStudio on eBay! So next...I'll be ModPodging all the pics to the coasters. I'm really excited and will take pics when I'm all done!

mum-on-the-run 07-09-2007 04:36 PM

Aside from the daily challenges I complete for my blog (which I always try to make into birthday cards to keep my stock levels up :) ) I'm currently working on a CJ I have to send soon, and need to start three sets of ATC's , I've signed up to swaps on three different forums but they all have the same deadline ;)

robynstamps 07-09-2007 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B (Post 6443845)
I'm making a friendship card for -- a friend! Strawberries and scallops.

Oh, I can't wait to see that card! You know I will love it. Hope you put it on your blog. I made another strawberry and scallop today. I just can't stop!!

robynstamps 07-09-2007 04:41 PM

I maily work on challenges and RAK's. I don't really do any "themes" except for Christmas cards and I don't start those until October.

Great poll!

wiggynine 07-09-2007 04:46 PM

I've been scrapping the last week. I haven't made a page in a long long time, and I'm beginning to forget the whole "who, what, when, where, and why" of the photos!

Linda

diane617 07-09-2007 05:58 PM

I'm stocking up on all occasion and ATC swaps

Buckeyevoss 07-09-2007 06:00 PM

I am finishing some baby cards and then will be doing some general all purpose cards. Will begin Holloween in August or September.

austamper 07-09-2007 06:04 PM

I'm working on an All about animal swaps. :)

imataloss 07-09-2007 06:16 PM

I've been busy playing with all my new stuff with no themes in mind!!

lilstamp 07-09-2007 06:20 PM

I'm working on a wedding card as I have to attend the wedding this Saturday. At this point I'm looking throught the gallery and magazines to get ideas. I don't have any wedding stamps so I just bought silver stickers with wedding designs. I now have to think about what I want the card to look like. I've just finished inviations and bookmarks. I need to make birthday cards as I have about 5 birthdays in September.

dtstampz 07-09-2007 06:23 PM

I'm getting some supplies together for a stampin' session with a friend. She needs "thinking of you" cards for her church group, so that will be our card club project for tomorrow. Also working on birthday cards, since my Mom mentioned that she'd like to have a few on hand to send out. So of course, I HAD to buy a couple of new bday sentiment stamps, ya know??! ;)

pinkstampergirl 07-09-2007 06:23 PM

Wow - cool stuff that everyone is busy playing with. I am getting ready to make ATC's for a swap I'm in -- the letter M. And then I have some kid-themed cards to make for another swap.

KimberlyinMN 07-09-2007 06:25 PM

Christmas cards! :) Image is stamped.. pieces are cut. Now it is basically assembly. Well, actually I need to decide where I want the ribbon.

I also shop through out the year so that I'm done with everything well before the holiday. I've done it the other way and I don't care for the stress.

Kimberly

lazylizard 07-09-2007 06:28 PM

One of the Sunday School classes from my church is having a Christmas in July event in the home of one of its members. They have invited me to set up a table with cards and notecard sets. So, I've been busy making all occasion cards, some Christmas cards, some general note cards. It's coming up this Saturday.

stamping_KML 07-09-2007 08:37 PM

I'm working on birthday and anniversary cards to send to family and friends. I'm trying to get them all done for the next 6 months or so....just to keep on top of things (the last 4 months I've been making and mailing them last minute). I make extra of all cards to take into work and sell to coworkers too.

BasketMom 07-09-2007 09:26 PM

aside from all the ATC swaps I'm in (I'm addicted to these now), I'm making baby thank you cards for my sister, birthday thank yous for my daughter (her birthday is Monday), a couple of wedding cards and a few birthday cards for the summer birthdays.

lesliespringer 07-09-2007 09:30 PM

I joined up for two more swaps. Then I have to start christmas cards. I bought all new stamps and paper for last christmas and never made any cards do to our move this past january.

Rainy daze 07-09-2007 09:31 PM

Just finishing the wedding invitations for my DD and then will get some cards going for the Canadian troops.

robbrd 07-09-2007 11:49 PM

I make bookmarks for the ladies at church. If they don't come to church, for whatever reason, I make postcards to wish them a happy birthday. I'm working on a stash for the next couple of months.