Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2006, 08:25 AM   #41  
First To Quack

I ended up with the MM tag punch. I didn't even know I *needed* it until this thread! The crop-o-diles were sold out My Michael's doesn't have the scalloped or smooth oval punches either. Happy shopping, girls!

Cards from the Cabana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:27 AM   #42  
Glitter Guru

today I bought the cherish scrapbook layouts book from CTMH.I can't believe they even had this.So i GOT THIS.TOmorrow I am going back for the crop-a-dile.

now I am going back to see the instructions on how tomuse this great and amazing tool.thanks for posting that.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTORMOUTH
So, of course when I saw the createforless, I hopped right on that sight, only to find out alas, they don't ship to Canada, even thought we have UPS here as well...... and I REALLY want the scallop punch.....
It's my understanding that UPS slaps you with an automatic $18 customs charge for deliveries across the border; maybe that's why Createforless doesn't ship to Canada?

Quote:

However, on their web site you can sign up to receive the weekly ad via email. Maybe that would have a coupon?
No.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #44  
Stampin' Fool

In an earlier post, I said a Hobby Lobby opened in Orlando, well I must have been tired or something, because it's actually an AC Moore store. I don't even know where HL came from because we don't have any of them here. Call me crazy.

Dina
Old 09-19-2006, 10:13 AM   #45  
Die Cut Diva

Our M's here will give you a coupon at the register if you don't have one. THey just make you sign a sheet and write your postal code. We live in the sticks so, I normally never have a coupon unless DH brings one from the paper at his work.

I would like to get a crop-o-dial but have seriously been considering prismas too.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2006, 10:23 AM   #46  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default got a C-A-D!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2hhl
I was having dreams about this thread last night. In one dream I went to my neighbors house and took her coupons out of the mailbox...In the other I was having a break down because I couldn't make up my mind over 2 different things...I think I am losing my MIND!

Anyway...I think I am going to get the MM tag maker. I have wanted that for awhile now and now as a good time.
Oh wow, that is too funny! Maybe you need to go to the website and download coupons if that is still permitted. They used to have them online at one time.

As for me and my coupon, I got the Crop-A-Dile and was so happy that they actually had them! I looked everywhere I coudl think of and nothing, found an employee (amaziing! and she was willing to help me look...even more amazing!) and she determined they must not have it. A few minutes later, here she came again...voila, she found them! Well hidden, I must say! But they had them and I got one for $14 instead of $27.95. yippee! Wouldn't have got it for full price for will find something to do with it for half price. Like punch thick stuff even if it's the trash can! lol! Wonder if it would punch thru a clipboard? not that I want more holes to attach ribbon on my clipboards but just to see if I could? Also good for punching the baseball card protectors (cute brag book stuff) or mattboard for making little albums, that sort of thing. My 3 hole punch (normal office supply stuff) works great for punching thru folded paper bags for paper bag books so I will stick with that for PB bags.

Thanks to whoever started this thread...I rarely even look for the M coupon anymore since going there can often be fruitless and frustrating. Jan
Old 09-19-2006, 11:33 AM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian
If you ask about a coupon they will give you the discount without having a paper copy.
Not all Michael's stores will do this. The Grand Forks, ND store will but the Fargo, ND store won't. Well, at least not the cashier that I asked one of the last times I tried this. I suppose it just depends on who you ask.

I used my 50% off coupon at the local stamp store. I really didn't need anything at all so I bought another paper cutter - the smaller EK Success green cutter. It will use the same blades as the larger one -- like the deckle, scalloped, perforated, etc. $7 isn't too bad. (The LSS only takes the Michael's coupons on Mondays.)

Kimberly
Old 09-19-2006, 11:51 AM   #48  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian
If you ask about a coupon they will give you the discount without having a paper copy.
Not mine ! I got a paper a couple weeks ago, and it didn't have the coupon. But when I was checking out, the ladies in front of me had them. So I asked the cashier about it and all she said was basically "that's too bad".

Maybe it was just that particular cashier that day! I was so bummed! I had $30 to spend!!
Old 09-19-2006, 01:16 PM   #49  
Inking Addict

Does Michael's sell a Label Maker?
Old 09-19-2006, 02:57 PM   #50  
Hardware Hotshot

I got a ribbon spool stacker! And with the $$ I saved, I got the cutest stamp called "Wise Siamese". So much for saving money!

Sharon
Old 09-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #51  
First To Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by helenrx
Does Michael's sell a Label Maker?

Mine doesn't. I bought my label maker at WalMart.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-19-2006, 06:50 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

If I can't find anything else, sometimes I'll pick up some adhesive with a coupon. Or I take it to Joann's. They seem to have more to choose from lately!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

I just got back from Mikes and I got the MM tag maker and the Cropper Hopper 12x12 vertical paper holder.........holds up to 400 pages....it's pretty cool, I thought they were out of them (because I knew exactly where they were) but of course they had just moved them. Keeping me on my toes.....so I got both things for the price of one, it was a 2fer-1.
Love that!!!

~~Kate~~
Old 09-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #54  
Compulsive Stamper

I got lots of Ribbon Spool stackers, chatterbox albums, rub-ons...I had lots of coupons!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:33 AM   #55  
Mad Swapper

I bought a K and Company pad of patterned paper. I know, kind of a waste, but it's all I could find that wasn't over budget (even with the coupon). Wish I could get the Cricut but...maybe for Christmas!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #56  
Glitter Guru

Can someone please explain to mehow to use this crop-a-dile.I can't seem to get the video going to watch it.

ONCE YOU PUNCH THE DESIRED HOLE AND PUT YOUR EYELET IN THE HOLE.YOU HAVE TO SELECT THE BASE AND THE TOP.THEN YOU NEED TO PUT THE EYELET AND PAPER INBETWEEN THE TOP AND BASE.i TRIED TO DO THIS BUT THE EYELET STICKS TO THE STEM AND THEN i HAD TO USE TWEEZER TO PULL IT OFF.wHAT AM i DOING WRONG .o DON'T WANT TO BREAK IT.RIGHT AWAY.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:29 AM   #57  
Glitter Guru

O.K. I figured it out the stem has to go inside the top hole of the eyelet.and the bottom side of the eyelet.should be facing the base part of the crop-a-dile.then when you punch them together it will flaten and open up the bottom side of the eyelet to set in place.

What ever you do ."word of caution" Don't do what I did.I had the wrong base with the wrong top and when I punched an eyelet it got stuck and I almost broke mine.because the metal part of the punch fell out on me.I almost lost the spring.I was able to put it back together .so just make sure you keep your cardboard paper to match up the base and top.

Not sure if thier is a way to mark these.so it doesn't happen again.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:38 AM   #58  
Matboard Maniac

Default another Michael's coupon

Seems to me that Michael's is changing their marketing strategy around here. After a couple of times of not getting a flyer in my Sunday paper, this week I got the Sunday flyer AND today there is a full page ad in the regular daily newspaper--with another 50% off coupon, that is good until Saturday!! I think I need to go "spend" my coupon, to encourage them to continue with this
Old 09-20-2006, 09:46 AM   #59  
Matboard Maniac

Another vote for the crop-o-dile! I got mine yesterday with my coupon. I rearely get coupons here so I was excited to get a 50% one! The C-o-D is intimidating at first but the instructions are easy to follow and it is easy to use once you get the hang of it! Have fun shopping girls!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #60  
Embossing Fanatic

Used mine today on the Crop-A-Dile (the last one too!). Can't wait to try it out.

~Chrissie~
Old 09-20-2006, 10:55 AM   #61  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper1996
I asked once and was turned down. Perhaps it depends on ths store? However, on their web site you can sign up to receive the weekly ad via email. Maybe that would have a coupon?
You don't actually get the weekly ad when you sign up for the email. They send you a link to their online ad, so you do not get any coupons.

I discovered this week that my DH was throwing out the Michael's ad with all the rest of the junk mail!! I snatched it out of the stack and put it in my briefcase. I *think* it was an accident and not deliberate ...

Mary Ann

~~ My slowly growing gallery ~~
Old 09-20-2006, 12:26 PM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

Okay, got my crop-a-dile today. Looks kinda scary....

I might be back later, begging for help!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21