Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What would you use? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-would-you-use-148742/)

Saints 05-23-2006 12:23 PM

What would you use?

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could use to mount my TAC stamps onto wood blocks only one side of the rubber/foam has adhesive and other has none. What would you use to glue that side to my wood blocks? Please help.

Tanneb 05-23-2006 12:45 PM

I have used Crystal Effects or any other Diamond Glaze product.

osubucknut 05-23-2006 01:13 PM

Super Heavy Packing Tape

You can also put Scotch brand Super Heavy Packing Tape on your wood blocks. That way you don't have to mount all of your stamps, use minimal wood, can get the feel of wood mounted and yet keep your stamps unmounted.

Hope this makes sense. I have done it before and it really does work!

Betsy

Saints 05-24-2006 04:15 AM

I was kinda hoping someone would have a type of glue in mind. Anyone? Thanks girls for your replies.

redapron 05-24-2006 04:20 AM

Rubber cement

Saints 05-24-2006 04:23 AM

Rubber cement has been lingering in the back of my mind to use.

redapron 05-24-2006 06:57 AM

When you have a stamp come off the foam or wood, SU Demo Services will tell you to use rubber cement. I've also used the CE in a pinch, but prefer the flexibility of rubber cement to CE.

JulieHRR 05-24-2006 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saints
Does anyone have any ideas of what I could use to mount my TAC stamps onto wood blocks only one side of the rubber/foam has adhesive and other has none. What would you use to glue that side to my wood blocks? Please help.

Rubber Cement.

Make sure you have ID when you pick some up at WalMart tho. I got carded. :shock:

redapron 05-24-2006 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
Rubber Cement.

Make sure you have ID when you pick some up at WalMart tho. I got carded. :shock:

Really?? I knew about Sudafed, but not rubber cement! :shock:

JulieHRR 05-24-2006 07:17 AM

Serious, Liz. I got carded. Rubber Cement is an "inhalent".

redapron 05-24-2006 07:36 AM

Quote:

Get out! Man, I'm so outta touch...

ematson 05-24-2006 07:39 AM

Quote:

Too funny! Last time I bought it at Michael's they didn't card me. Julie - you must have looked suspicious. :)

redapron 05-24-2006 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ematson
Too funny! Last time I bought it at Michael's they didn't card me. Julie - you must have looked suspicious. :)

Prolly cuz sh'e got that cute, young face!

AmyR 05-24-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

bwahahahahaha - too funny!!! I can just see you being all innocent and telling them you're using it for stamping - honest!!! ;) :D

Saints 05-24-2006 06:46 PM

I can't believe that either Julie you honestly got carded. Guess I better not just run in there with my bank card. Thanks girls. Now I can mount them and stamp my little heart out this weekend.