Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What would you charge for 200 (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-would-you-charge-200-a-430076/)

dhb1281 04-03-2009 04:43 PM

What would you charge for 200

I have been asked to make 200 wedding thankyou cards. Front stamped with one image of love birds in tattered rose and thank you in black. What would you charge.

mischellelarson 04-03-2009 04:54 PM

how much are your supplies going to cost you

BeckyG3 04-03-2009 04:56 PM

Ditto Mischelle. But also don't forgot to add on for your time. I've never done that many cards for someone but I'm thinking at least $100. That's really only $.50 per card. I'm hoping the person buying them appreciates that these are custom hand made cards and isn't thinking that it is going to be cheaper to have you make them than for her to buy them at a store.

stampwithjoanne 04-03-2009 05:00 PM

Would depend how well I knew the bride/couple.

I'm doing a similar stint currently and am having the bride pay for supplies and I am
"gifting" her my time, etc. (as I would have purchased a wedding gift anyway for them; I'll forgo that with the gift of my time in doing her cards).

dhb1281 04-03-2009 06:20 PM

I figure the card weight she wants (prescored cards) with envelopes will run me around 30.00 for 200 cards plus the ink plus my time. If I can find the same deal on the prescored card stock at the same price as last year. I have never made more than a 30 card order before this. I charged .60 a card for that order. Didn't keep track of how much time it took me to do them and thought I was under charging. What do you think??

TriboHearts 04-03-2009 08:06 PM

subscribing

JessicaLynnMould 04-03-2009 08:09 PM

That seems really low..That is a LOT of time and work. When I bought my professional wedding invites it was about $2.25 a card. That didn't include anything else.

Just throwing that out there!! :)

Just remember that "Handmade" doesn't always mean cheaper. Just means better quality and more love involved. :)

Jessica Lynn

dhb1281 04-04-2009 08:30 AM

Thanks for the above suggestions. Anyone else have any thoughts of a fair price per thank you card? Also do I have to stamp the back of each card with the SU angel policy or just once on the sample card and invoice. The love birds aren't stampin up and the thank you she picked is. Any thoughts on the proper way to handle the angel policy?

row4d 04-04-2009 09:42 AM

For cards that are sold, the angel policy stipulates that they must be individually hand-stamped with a qualifying SU! copyright stamp. It can be retired, but MUST have "copyright SU!" incorporated as part of the rubber image.

I personally do not mix copyrighted images from different companies. Some actually prohibit their artwork from being used together with other brands on work created for sale.

Aleska901 04-04-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d (Post 13644181)
For cards that are sold, the angel policy stipulates that they must be individually hand-stamped with a qualifying SU! copyright stamp. It can be retired, but MUST have "copyright SU!" incorporated as part of the rubber image.

I personally do not mix copyrighted images from different companies. Some actually prohibit their artwork from being used together with other brands on work created for sale.

Copyright stamp? I never saw that. I thought stamping it "Handstamped by: ... your name here" was all they required. Maybe I am behind in the times.

row4d 04-04-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleska901 (Post 13644823)
Copyright stamp? I never saw that. I thought stamping it "Handstamped by: ... your name here" was all they required. Maybe I am behind in the times.

The two personalized "Hand Stamped By" stamps pictured on page 149 (current US catalog) do qualify, as stated in the shaded box at the top of the page. You'll notice that the "copyright Stampin' Up!" notation appears as part of the stamped image.

deipara 04-04-2009 12:23 PM

Find out the company who makes the love birds and then double check the angel policy with the document in this thread:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=384987

There are some companies (House Mouse for certain) that don't have angel policies - you CAN'T sell items with their images.

Aleska901 04-04-2009 12:24 PM

Thanks for that info! I don't sell many cards to begin with but its good to know.

Now on the pricing of what some were saying .60 per card.. is that WITH envelope?

stargirl 04-04-2009 12:43 PM

I think $200. Of course, they would need to be absolutely perfect. PERFECT images with no smudges and a well inked pad. The sentiment would have to be perfectly straight, not even the tiniest bit off. But don't undersell yourself, these are going to take time. And where else can you get a custom made card for under $1?

dhb1281 04-04-2009 04:57 PM

Yes, the set of 30 cards for .60 each included the card and envelope with front of card stamped and a inside sentiment and angel policy stamp on the back, all done in one color. I know I probably under charged on that order. The wedding thank you cards will be blank inside and two ink colors on the front. I found the prescored cards today and my cost for each card with envelope is .15 not including the ink and my time.

lazylizard 04-04-2009 05:10 PM

I would go with the $1 per card including the envelope. That is still a deal I think!!! I have a hard time making 5 cards the same before I am bored spitless, so factor in your time for sure.

dhb1281 04-04-2009 06:30 PM

Ok the love birds two little birds on a branch and the label is inkadinado. What is the angel policy for that co. I couldn't open the link above.

stargirl 04-04-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhb1281 (Post 13647984)
Ok the love birds two little birds on a branch and the label is inkadinado. What is the angel policy for that co. I couldn't open the link above.

Their policy is on their website. I know they are an angel company, I just don't know the details.

fionna51 04-04-2009 07:20 PM

Here is the Inkadinkadoo angel policy...it may cause you difficulty with this job...
http://www.inkadinkado.com/shop/pc/v....asp?idpage=21
...although it appears you could write to them for permission to go outside the allowed boundaries.

dhb1281 04-05-2009 11:59 AM

Thanks for the inkadinkado link. This raises another question. If the bride purchases and pays for the cardstock, ink and stamps to be used and I just charge her for stamping each card, do the same angel policy rules apply?

row4d 04-05-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhb1281 (Post 13652731)
Thanks for the inkadinkado link. This raises another question. If the bride purchases and pays for the cardstock, ink and stamps to be used and I just charge her for stamping each card, do the same angel policy rules apply?

It doesn't matter who's paying for the raw materials -- the various angel policies out there apply in any situation where someone is paying for a completed project that incorporates copyrighted stamped images. The only way it wouldn't apply is if the bride purchased all the supplies herself, brought them to you, and then you did the stamping and assembly completely for free.