Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with SIMPLE make & takes---please, please, please

Hello All,
PLEASE HELP ME!! I need to get ideas for SIMPLE m&t's. I want to start with a white/vanilla card (I have a ton of both)--I need some ideas to make this non-color wow my customers. It's hard to make them easy to copy, dazzle them, and make it all look like more than a white card with a matte. If I'm not clear--I'm sorry--I'm fried from trying to help myself.
[email protected].
I hope I can return the favor!!
Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I think someone posted a no-layer challenge not too long ago. Try doing a search...
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 05:36 PM   #3  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site! There are WONDERFUL ideas in the thread Mary listed

Are you a new demo? We have a demos forum to help with business ideas, etc. To join please PM me. (click the little PM button below) and then check your messages for whow to subscribe (no cost or anything )

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 05:37 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Bookmarks are nice. You can always use a bookmark and they are easy and quick to do. You could jazz it up with eyelets and ribbon if you want but it's not necessary....

The 2-4-6-8 box is great for white also. You can do any technique or stamp or wheel on it. These are easy as well. Just post again if you aren't familiar with these.

There is also a basket that is fairly easy to make that can be done with white. I've posted a pic and pdf with instructions below.

HTH,

Mo
Attached Thumbnails
help with SIMPLE make & takes---please, please, please-cherrybasket.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cherrybasket.pdf (7.0 KB, 5 views)

Monica Stockton SCS #2687
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alexandria, VA

www.monicastockton.stampinup.net
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/skpupy68

Last edited by skpupy68; 05-05-2005 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: To reattach attachments
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2005, 05:45 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

A customer at my recent open house showed me the direct to paper technique, to spice up a simple card I had for a make and take. Unfortunately I don't have a way to get a picture uploaded at the moment. I will try and describe it. She took the Gable Green ink pad and swiped it acrss the white, in a couple of different directions, then did the same with the Tempting Turquoise pad for some darker highlights, and did the edges with Tempting Turquoise ink. Then we had 2x2 Pink Passion 1x1 Gable Green squares, layered on 1.25x1.25 Tempting Turquoise With a stamp from Stipple Celebrations done in Tempting Turquoise or Pink Passion. It was fast and turned out fun and wild looking. Kind of like Tye Die. It took me a few cards to master it, But I am using it a lot now. Creamy Caramel done very lightly gives an aged sort of look, which I really like.

Also, for a kids make and take, we put a sticky note in the center of the card, sponge around it and sometimes roller over that. Then remove the sticky note and stamp the words or image in the center. This works really well for mini gift cards.(4x4 size)
Reply With Quote Likes