Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-03-2016, 02:57 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What video cameras to use for process videos?

The title says it all, lol. I was wondering what cameras you use to make process videos for youtube. I have used my cell phone camera to take haul videos, but I would love to make process videos and tutorials for which I'd need both hands. Or is there some sort of tool to hold the cell phone in place while it records?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2016, 03:50 AM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi Claudette - I use my Iphone and the Iphocus app - it's SOOO easy. Then I just upload it to dropbox to edit on my computer.

I've tried every stand out there and finally found "the one". Still hoping I can do that with a purse someday - LOL.

Anyway - you can read about it here - https://understandblue.blogspot.com/...st-own-it.html

It's a small company and they are having a sale for the 4th I believe - there's a coupon code in my post.

What I like is it takes up a very tiny footprint on my desk and it's very heavy so it won't tip over.

It's not so heavy that you can't move it around if you wanted to do a cooking video or something somewhere else in the house.

Prior to this I had a PVC stand that took up WAYYYYY too much room on my desk. I have a teeny tiny studio and a teeny tiny desk so space is a big deal.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

I use a Logitech HD Pro C920. You can buy it on Amazon for $62.99 , Bitly . I really like it so far (I've had it for about a year). The autofocus works well. It's a little tricky when you want close ups though. I have to be a little patient and wait for it to focus. All of my most recent videos are using this camera. If you want to see the quality, just watch one of my youtube videos here, https://www.youtube.com/c/intoxicatingarts/videos .

Reasons I like it
1. It's under $100!
2. I can make sure I am in frame because I have it hooked up to my laptop
3. It's small and lightweight so I am able to mount it to my flexible arm thing that holds it above my work surface
4. Comes with recording software. Then I send it to moviemaker to edit. I haven't had to spend any money on editing software.

Reasons I don't like it:

1. For close Ups I have to have the camera extremely low and it's still not as close as I'd like it (for coloring for example). This sometimes leads to me bumping it.
2. The microphone is not that great. I do voiceovers though so I bought a USB microphone for like $20 and I haven't had any issues with it.

For getting started, I definitely recommend this camera though. I was recently looking to upgrade and the only thing that would get me what I want is a $1800 camcorder. SO I think I'll be sticking with this for now lol. Maybe when I have tens of thousands of subs lol.

The flexible arm thing that I mentioned is clamped to a shelf that is above my desk. I was able to find it in my previously ordered amazon items. It was $10 ! Bitly . The arm is strong enough to hold the position you put it in. I actually have the webcam mounted to a flexible tripod which is then clamped by this just for extra length to get really low to my desk.

This is a really cheap way to get started. Good luck and I will have to find your channel :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2016, 04:48 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the replies! I don't have an iPhone, boo! I have a Samsung Galaxy 5, which has a really crappy camera. My parents loaned me a really nice Olympus camera and I ordered a cheap mini tripod off Amazon, so will try that first. I'll come back with feedback and then look into other options if the first setup doesn't work.
Reply With Quote Likes