Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What is "twinkling H20s? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-twinkling-h20s-9632/)

stamperose 09-16-2004 05:34 PM

What is "twinkling H20s?

I've checked the catty, but see no such product.
TIA,
Helen

valentina9 09-16-2004 05:40 PM

Twinkling H2O's

They are a product made by Angelwings inc and I don't think they are in the catalog. They come in individual little pots and they are a watercolor paint mixed with mica flecks that leave the most GORGEOUS shimmery watercolor look. HTH!

NiceRAK 09-16-2004 06:12 PM

now...

i heard somewhere that you could MAKE these...I tried the recipe that was posted and it didn't work for me.
Does anyone have a recipe for these? Or should I just break down and buy them? My thoughts were though, if I could make them using SU products then I could demo them...
The recipe i had was
1 tsp lumiere
1 tsp pearl ex
Thoughts?

CreativeMoonBeam 09-16-2004 06:26 PM

I'm not sure about making it, but I just bought a small set (6 pots) on my last business trip in a store in Riverside, CA. I was just walking back from parking my car on my way to dinner when I saw this great stamping/scrapping store (I really have never been to a store like this other than a couple trip to Michaels back at home). So I had to go int. The woman who owned the store had a whole shelf of the products and tons of samples to see. I have read so much about Twinkling H2Os on this site and seen some samples in the gallery (I'm pretty sure that pinefeather had a few), but had never seen it live before. Once I saw what you can do and what it looks like on paper, I had to buy it. Can't wait to try it out :) ~Maria

labullard 09-16-2004 09:57 PM

Amy wrote:
Quote:

i heard somewhere that you could MAKE these...I tried the recipe that was posted and it didn't work for me.
Does anyone have a recipe for these? Or should I just break down and buy them? My thoughts were though, if I could make them using SU products then I could demo them...
The recipe i had was
1 tsp lumiere
1 tsp pearl ex
Thoughts?
Hi Amy - Tyra Smith (Cloud9) has quite a bit of info on Pearl Ex, and in her write up she talks about making watercolor cakes with PE, liquid gum arabic and water, but she doesn't have exact measurements. :( She does have a lot of good suggestions for working with Pearl EX. You can check it out here:
http://netnet.net/~cloud9/tips/tips_index.html
(Just go to Pearl Ex in the Tips & Techiques Index)

I have made some of these PE Watercolor cakes myself, but found them to be not nearly as vibrant and sparkly as Twinkling H20's (I now have ALL the colors :D).

However, I saved an informative e-mail from "Stampin' Safari" on another list that sounds more promising in getting the Twinkling H20 effect, which reads in part:

From the Faux side of town...

Here is a compilation of my work with Twinkling H2Os and Faux T~H2Os.

For those of you who cannot afford them or think the Twinkling H2Os are too expensive, you can still play with delightful, shimmering color. Create your own Faux T~H2Os in every color imaginable for a fraction of the cost. Ü Here the scoop:

Watercolors~tubes, liquid, cake
Dye based re~inkers can be used in place of watercolors
Iridescent Medium by Windsor Newton (about $5)~my preference
or
Pearlize/Iridescent Medium by Liquitex (about $10/4 Oz)
or
Pearlized Medium for yet another variation of a shimmering look.

Mix a few drops of Iridescent Medium to the watercolor paint as you use it and render color as desired. Do not store any left-over Faux T~H2Os. It loses some of it's effect and becomes more like an acrylic type paint.

WoW! It's that simple. Ü

Hope that helps! :) Linda

NiceRAK 09-17-2004 03:43 AM

thanks

thanks for all the wonderful informaiton!
I may have to break down and buy the Twinkling H2O's
:wink:

iwasborn2stamp 09-17-2004 04:15 AM

You won't be disappointed with the Twinkling H2O's.
A picture on the internet just cannot do it justice.
The shimmery effect just does not show in a digital picture.

I'm sure you'll love it!

stampcrazygirl 09-17-2004 05:14 AM

I have these and I used the irredescent green on the Wonderful Wings dragonfly and cut it out...it's beautiful!

PaisleyPrincess 09-19-2004 08:08 PM

I just bought some of these the other day and I just LOVE them.

As I was stamping by candlelight the other night I actually painted them onto my rubber stamp and then spritzed them and stamped....I didn't think it came out good but when I saw them the next day they were gorgeous....

I stamped off a couple of times and the second one was better.

i had a site bookmarked on how to make them but can't find it now but will keep my eyes open

CreativeDiva 09-19-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

Hi Amy - Tyra Smith (Cloud9) has quite a bit of info on Pearl Ex, and in her write up she talks about making watercolor cakes with PE, liquid gum arabic and water, but she doesn't have exact measurements
I have a recipe that was given at the last demo meeting I attended (haven't tried it yet, just bought the Gum Arabic today):

In a small plastic container mix approx. 1/2 tsp Pearl Ex, 1/2 tsp Gum Arabic and a small splash of water. Stir until completely mixed. Allow to sit until dry. Use like watercolors.

Hope that helps :)

iwasborn2stamp 09-20-2004 02:00 AM

Where can you buy Gum Arabic?

PaisleyPrincess 09-20-2004 03:44 AM

i bought mine at hobby lobby over a year ago and have never used it. Almost any art supply store should have it, not sure about Michael's though

Gosh i am such a hoarder :)

CreativeDiva 09-20-2004 03:11 PM

You can probably get it at michaels in the section where they have paints (oils and watercolors).

Belly_Dancing 09-20-2004 03:36 PM

T-H20's

You can buy H20's directly from the manufacturer at this site

http://www.luminarteinc.com/whats-new.htm

This is where I got mine. :)

Donna

labullard 09-20-2004 05:27 PM

If you're shopping for Twinkling H20's, be sure to check out this website:

http://www.stampnmadness.com/

Only $14.50 for a six-pack of 10 gram containers, plus other sizes and multi-packs are available. She's great to work with and the shipping is fast. :D

Linda

PaisleyPrincess 09-20-2004 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaisleyPrincess
I
i had a site bookmarked on how to make them but can't find it now but will keep my eyes open

I found some instructions that I had scribbled down. I will try them out in the next couple of weeks and see what happens.