Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What SU stamp sets are you buying? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-su-stamp-sets-you-buying-563363/)

ctab 10-29-2012 03:37 AM

What SU stamp sets are you buying?

Who is taking advantage of the 15% off stamp sale today? What stamp sets/single stamps are you buying.

Right now I'm looking at getting
The single Christmas tree stamp from Christmas Lodge (pg13)
Happy Hour (pg 17)
Clockworks (pg 105)
Hoop La La (pg 111)
Simply Serif Mini Alpha (145)- I think this will be really good for mini layouts in the divided scrapbook page protectors

From the mini:
Sensational Season (pg 16)
Wondrous Wishes (pg 21)- cutest Santa in the world!

Plus, I need to look at the mds kits to see if I want to get any at 50% off. Don't forget your free downloads!

In a way, holding off on buys stamp sets for awhile is benefitting me now that they are on sale. But, it also means I have a massive list to narrow down. Ahhh stampers problems ;)

Cartermrc 10-29-2012 07:14 AM

I'm getting the single Christmas tree, 2 of the Perfectly Penned single stamps, French Foliage and Stippled Blossoms from the main catalog and Seasonal Sayings from the Holiday catalog. Hope they add more of the single stamps and have them in future catalogs.

Makalah 10-29-2012 07:20 AM

I don't have my list narrowed down yet, but it will likely include some wheel stamps and some of the new single stamps. Since I'm a newbie, my wishlist is way too long! :p

ctab 10-29-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makalah (Post 19786956)
I don't have my list narrowed down yet, but it will likely include some wheel stamps and some of the new single stamps. Since I'm a newbie, my wishlist is way too long! :p

Yeah, it is awesome that wheels ended up included, because they weren't supposed to be. But, they are honering it.

Kgeans 10-29-2012 08:20 AM

I have more than enough stamps, some that haven't even seen ink yet.
I'm going to pass.

cobby 10-29-2012 09:36 AM

I am ordering the Christmas tree single stamp. I am so excited they offered that as a single stamp because I REALLY, REALLY liked that tree but didn't care too much for the others in the set.

Arizona 10-29-2012 09:47 AM

I ordered all mine from the Holiday catalog. I got the Frightening Feline, Frosty Friends, Greetings of the Season, and Traditional Touches.:D

Barbara Jay 10-29-2012 02:02 PM

I bought more of the digital suites that are 50% off . :)

gr8cards 10-29-2012 02:13 PM

I am not getting any either, but if you are looking for a utilitarian stamp set, I love French Foliage. I waited forever to get it, but the water droplet stamp alone is worth buying the whole set........love it for every season!

Marcia

nibs 10-29-2012 02:41 PM

Are there other single stamps offered other than the tree and the sentiments from the other sets?

Takinmytyme 10-29-2012 03:29 PM

I ordered So Sorry. It's one that you can get alot of use out of.

Makalah 10-29-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nibs (Post 19788114)
Are there other single stamps offered other than the tree and the sentiments from the other sets?

I can't paste the links to the PDF fliers from my phone easily, but I have all 5 fliers linked to on my blog here

Jump In Designs: Even more single stamps!

Initially there were 3 sentiment sets broken into single stamps, and now they've added 2 pages of assorted image stamps, including 3 brand new images.

jasimons 10-29-2012 04:12 PM

I ordered several. I've had some people asking me to make cards for them, so I've been adding stamps to my collection for some different occasions/types. For example, I don't have many stamps for children's cards, but since others have asked for those, I ordered Storybook Friends and Every Little Bit.

gregzgurl 10-29-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kgeans (Post 19787070)
I'm going to pass.

Ditto that! Plus, we've had some recent family "adventures" that required extra expenditures, so even with the extra % off, I just can't justify it - kids and grandkids come first!

binkiemonstermom 10-29-2012 04:45 PM

My list was long!!! I had several stamps on my wish list and couldn't pass up the sale!!!
My most exciting purchase:
the jumbo jolly jingle wheel....I play on unmounting it and cutting up the sentiments! I should have TONS of Christmas sentiments and best yet.....at 15% off the $8.50 price! That's a good deal!!! I should be able to get 12-15 sentiments out of that ONE wheel!!!

nibs 10-29-2012 09:27 PM

Makalah,

Thank you for the information about the other single stamps!

Cheers,

Nibs

Makalah 10-29-2012 09:29 PM

no problem! Enjoy shopping! I'm going through my wishlist again right now. :)

Allistamps123 10-30-2012 02:49 AM

happy Hour-a fun set that I may not have ever gotten because I have the retired drink set. I wish I'd gotten Itty Bitty Banners too

Allistamps123 10-30-2012 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr8cards (Post 19788047)
I am not getting any either, but if you are looking for a utilitarian stamp set, I love French Foliage. I waited forever to get it, but the water droplet stamp alone is worth buying the whole set........love it for every season!

Marcia

I love French Foilage too,

sc magnolia 10-30-2012 04:21 AM

I just put in two large orders so I'm too broke to take advantage of the sale:( I got Tea Shoppe and Delightful Decorations last week. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tea Shoppe it and French Foilage are my favorite stamp sets. When my wallet recovers, I'm going to get Word Play.

mamaxsix 10-30-2012 04:56 AM

I had been procrastinating on my party order so it was REALLY sweet! One of my friends ordered more because of the sale and my demo added to my order too, so I ended up getting a half price hostess item as well. I ordered: Tags Til Christmas and the Peacock as individual stamps, First Christmas, Postage Due and Four Frames. I had to order a bunch of paper as I've run myself almost out of a few colors or I would have ordered more stamps. My list is still quite long, but Christmas is around the corner and my DD helps my DH shop. I wish I'd known that they were including the wheels after all-I eliminated a few off my list and might have added those if I'd known. Oh well. I'm happy with what I got and ended up with some nice hostess $$$ too!

jkstieber 10-30-2012 06:42 AM

I ordered Serene Silhouettes, Up, Up and Away and the Distressed Dots background. I would have loved to have ordered more, especially since my demo was adding free shipping as well, but I placed a fairly large order last month and need to start focusing on buying Christmas presents soon.

ttemby 10-30-2012 07:57 AM

I finally got Field Flowers and then I Dig You. My husband's birthday is coming up and thought I would "practice' on him before making any for my grandsons. Also needed some cardstock to finish off the year.

klh54 10-30-2012 08:03 AM

So where do you see a 15% off sale? I went to my demo's website but there's no mention of 15% off anywhere. Is there another way to find it?
Thanks!

stampwithjoanne 10-30-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54 (Post 19790072)
So where do you see a 15% off sale? I went to my demo's website but there's no mention of 15% off anywhere. Is there another way to find it?
Thanks!

Was yesterday only.

Arizona 10-30-2012 08:10 AM

Kathy,
The sale was yesterday only. I'm sorry you missed it. I got an e-mail from my demo the morning of the sale alerting me to it. Are you signed up on your demo's mailing list? You should make sure you are so you don't miss out in the future.

klh54 10-30-2012 08:14 AM

Yes, I am and I even emailed her about it Sunday night. She said she would check into it and get back with me...that never happened!

klh54 10-30-2012 08:18 AM

I just saw the post about single stamps being offered til Jan 2...never heard about that either...

SuG 10-30-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kgeans (Post 19787070)
I'm going to pass.

GASP! I have never heard of such a thing. Especially on these boards LOL! Enough stamps - what?????

fairsinger 10-30-2012 09:51 AM

I bought Field Flowers and the single Wordplay Joy along with some cardstock and a few other supplies. I was amazed to get a shipment notice this morning and UPS says my order should arrive by Thursday...that's pretty impressive, especially at sale time!

Makalah 10-30-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54 (Post 19790114)
I just saw the post about single stamps being offered til Jan 2...never heard about that either...

you may want to look for a new demo, unless you are really attaches to yours for another reason. Maybe yours is just a hobby demo? Or had something come up yesterday? I can't imagine why you wouldn't follow up with someone or send out even a quick note about clearance rack updates, new single stamps, a one day sale, etc. :confused:

Karen99 10-30-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54 (Post 19790108)
Yes, I am and I even emailed her about it Sunday night. She said she would check into it and get back with me...that never happened!

FIND ANOTHER DEMO!!

klh54 10-30-2012 01:27 PM

My demo called to apologize for not getting back to me. They are remodeling both bathrooms, adding a deck and she's a teacher going through evaluations...just a little bit going on in her life. So I'm cutting her some slack and will keep my eyes peeled for the next sale! C'est la vie! (I think I spelled that right)

ceramicat1 10-30-2012 03:47 PM

If you don't want to change demos, and I fully understand that, one thing you can do is find a demo or two that seem active and put their blogs in your favorites.

I have a demo that sends me emails after I bought something off EBay from her. I appreciate her updates because no one can keep track of everything.

Minders 10-31-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuG (Post 19790274)
GASP! I have never heard of such a thing. Especially on these boards LOL! Enough stamps - what?????

Want a real GASP??? ME..the queen of shopping (lol) didn't buy a THING! And I'm kind of sad about it now, LOL!!!!!!!! I have SO many stamps that haven't even seen ink! And SO Many retired ones (that I really need to get rid of)! There are so many new and unused stamps in my room that I'm kind of depressed about it so I didn't order any...and now I'm sad because I didn't...I can't win, lol!!!!! :-)

Arizona 10-31-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minders (Post 19791994)
Want a real GASP??? ME..the queen of shopping (lol) didn't buy a THING! And I'm kind of sad about it now, LOL!!!!!!!! I have SO many stamps that haven't even seen ink! And SO Many retired ones (that I really need to get rid of)! There are so many new and unused stamps in my room that I'm kind of depressed about it so I didn't order any...and now I'm sad because I didn't...I can't win, lol!!!!! :-)

I can never bring myself to get rid of any of my stamps, no matter how old or unused. I keep thinking what if I need them one day and wind up kicking myself for getting rid of them, LOL!!!

Minders 10-31-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arizona (Post 19792029)
I can never bring myself to get rid of any of my stamps, no matter how old or unused. I keep thinking what if I need them one day and wind up kicking myself for getting rid of them, LOL!!!

Yeah, I don't get rid of many but it's time. I have SO many and I don't use many of the retired ones....something's got to give!

ceramicat1 10-31-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minders (Post 19792035)
Yeah, I don't get rid of many but it's time. I have SO many and I don't use many of the retired ones....something's got to give!

A bigger room, or unmounting would come first for me. In fact, I will have to unmount a large portion of my stamps before long. I'll do that before I get rid of many of them.:)

Minders 10-31-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1 (Post 19792052)
A bigger room, or unmounting would come first for me. In fact, I will have to unmount a large portion of my stamps before long. I'll do that before I get rid of many of them.:)

Not really an option since I AM in the biggest room. I simply don't need all the stamps I have and it's time to clean up! It was hard not to buy any though:-)

karjor 10-31-2012 11:30 AM

Mine shipped at midnight last night and should arrive Thursday evening! I just got:
Wood Grain Stamp (Finally!)
French Foliage (again, finally!)
Open Sea
Watercolor Winter
Single Tags til Christmas
Single Bold Snowflake
Single Perfectly Penned Happy Birthday

I'd say I was amazingly restrained!