Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What stamp set will you be snatching up if it's on the retiring list? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-stamp-set-will-you-snatching-up-if-its-retiring-list-47168/)

my4blessings 04-29-2005 07:18 AM

What stamp set will you be snatching up if it's on the retiring list?

For me it will be Wonderful Wings for sure.

Renee

jm_donahoe 04-29-2005 07:39 AM

Paisley BG
Set Sail

I was going to get teh Paisely this month, but signed up instead! ;) so I'm just waiting for the retired list first before I buy anything.

qcbetty 04-29-2005 08:07 AM

Um....as many as I can?! ;)

sunshineb 04-29-2005 08:09 AM

Baby's Firsts :-) I need a cute-sy baby card stamp set.
Sunshine

janell 04-29-2005 08:15 AM

P&S alpha lowers, toy box, terrific tulips, buttons bow twinkle toes. I'm sure that their are more, but I don't have my list in front of me, LOL.

Qbee 04-29-2005 08:55 AM

I am always suprised as to what I absolutely must have off of the retiring list. Stamp sets that I have never noticed before, start popping off the pages, saying: "Buy me! Buy me!" I'm sure this year will be no exception. I do have a wish list of stamps that I try to order from, but with these wonderful last few mini-catalogs, I haven't been able to purchase from my main list as much as I like.

Take care, Brenda

afancycat 04-29-2005 09:53 AM

In Full Bloom

Julie C.

cardsbyanita 04-29-2005 10:09 AM

Qbee, I am with you. Every year it seems there is something that is retiring I have never noticed before and I really like!
But here's my "must have if it's retiring list:
1. Pure and Simple Numbers (need that to go with the letters i have)
2. Autumn - love those skeleton leaves
3. Roughing It - I've got lots of camping/hiking pictures to scrap. This is the one on my list that I think is most likely to retire.
The only reason I am looking forward to the retiring list (which is kinda sad :() is because it means that we are that much closer to the NEW CATALOG! :D
Anita

katiestamper 04-29-2005 10:24 AM

I am thinking Yukon, Noble Deer because I need more "men" sets. Even if they have new ones, there are never enough.

debbiemom23cs 04-29-2005 12:34 PM

Mary Kay,

I agree with you. I never have enough masculine stuff either. I have Yukon but Noble Deer is very nice. I have been looking at Thinking of Father since the convention last year and still haven't purchased it. If it is on the list I will probably buy it!

azure722 04-29-2005 12:43 PM

Angelic -- I love this type of stamp, but put off buying it because I don't really know how to demo it.

Klarson 04-29-2005 12:46 PM

Toy box, I have 2 little new nephews, and I need some cute stamps for little boys.

stardust 04-29-2005 05:12 PM

I hope I can keep from buying ANY retiring sets....but that is probably wishful thinking! I will have a hard time not buying Wonderful Wings if it doesn't make the cut this year! :rolleyes:

mmko 04-29-2005 05:15 PM

I wish

Can we use a retirement account to buy stamps that are going to retire? I've been a teacher in NC for 5 years- my account could get me quite a few sets!

Sairabee 04-29-2005 05:36 PM

I would have to buy the "Snowflakes" set. I've been eyeing that thing up since it was introduced (as I was Lovely As A Tree, but that one I bought with last months 50% off deal! WOO HOO!).

rachelbenj 04-29-2005 06:10 PM

Roses In Winter.....I am thinking that it won't retire, but if it does it is mine!!!!

WebDeb 04-29-2005 06:28 PM

Paisley -- I've been convinced I can do wonderful things with this BG!

pepperann 04-29-2005 06:42 PM

I agree with the above poster. Until the list comes out, I am unsure, then BOOM! I see several I 'have to have'. I have been saving here and there the last few months so can safely say I can buy a few sets. One more day to go!!!

Jeanniebabes 04-29-2005 06:42 PM

Terrific Tulips. I borrowed my demos to make mothers day cards and I absolutely love them! We made one at a workshop and I would post a pic but I think it might have been cased and dont know who originated it and I dont want to get flamed! :)

vcm3007 04-29-2005 07:26 PM

Autumn and In Full Bloom...don't think they are going to (please!!) Still trying to recover from spring mini and get ready for summer mini!

vcm3007 04-29-2005 07:28 PM

Oooh...I forgot Snowflakes & Stipple Shells!

Soozie4Him 04-29-2005 08:00 PM

Well, I think I've bought all the ones that I'm really concerned about! Recently I got Pines (which I think will retire due to its age) - my daughter bought it for me because she loves moose and bears! And I just got Wonderful Wings.

If Watercolor Garden and/or Terrific Tulips retires, I will cry.

If youo have any money to spend on retiring sets, and WCG and/or TT retire, I *highly* recommend these sets for your own personal stamping!

Susan

stampysister 04-29-2005 08:16 PM

Paisley BG, In full Bloom, Toy Box, Buttons, Bows, Twinkletoes, Bareback. Too many! I am reeling from that spring mini and I still have so many craft pads to buy....

Henrysmom 04-29-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my4blessings
For me it will be Wonderful Wings for sure.

Renee

Me too! I've loved all the samples on this site and I think I'd use it alot!

Jami 04-29-2005 08:28 PM

Classic Convertibles for me. My DH is into vintage autos and I've wanted this set for over a year..just hasn't made it to the top of my priority list yet.

For the gals who said In Full Bloom or Roses in Winter - you need those immediately - retired or not!! LOL!

Bevstamps 04-30-2005 03:13 AM

Definitely Roses in Winter - Everytime I see a card made with this stamp I know I have to have it but then I end up ordering something else.
Beverly

Grist 04-30-2005 05:57 AM

I WANT IT ALL! LOL I love the Wonderful Wings and Toy Box. It will make me sad to see them retire! Can't wait til tomorrow to see the list. This is my first time! :p

Dawn

Klarson 04-30-2005 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klarson
Toy box, I have 2 little new nephews, and I need some cute stamps for little boys.

I've heard I have nothing to worry about - Yipee

SellsBskts 04-30-2005 06:31 AM

Wonderful Wings has been on my wishlist for sometime.

stampinvicki 04-30-2005 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qcbetty
Um....as many as I can?! ;)

Me too!!:D

jkstieber 04-30-2005 08:50 AM

I keep putting off Perfect Petals. I think I should just get that set since it isn't all that expensive. I also really want In Full Bloom but hasn't that only been around for a year? Would they retire a set that's so popular after only a year? Last night I ordered On the Beach because I just have a feeling that might retire, just a hunch. I also wonder about Pines, I know I will regret not having that set, but I can only get so much. I was a bit relieved, last night I saw the summer mini and nothing grabbed me so at least there's nothing I have to have from there.

Julie

raiwoof 04-30-2005 09:00 AM

Espress Yourself!! I am constantly borrowing it from a demo friend!

LizzieStamps 04-30-2005 09:05 AM

Nothing! I don't have time to stamp with anything but current sets. If I can't demo it, I don't need it!

Erin in Okc 04-30-2005 09:12 AM

Love without end. I still LOVE that set. I have a thing for daisys and butterflys, I just haven't got that one yet. Also, Roughin It. We go camping a lot, and I haven't got this one yet because my friend has it, but I want my own. (c:

Erin

stampinsweeney 04-30-2005 11:26 AM

Some that have been on my wishlist forever and would hate to see go:
Coast to Coast
Farm Fresh
Watercolor Garden II
Wonderful Wings

rreinhardt 04-30-2005 11:48 AM

Oh my goodness, Stampinsweeny! All four of the sets on your wishlist are retiring! :(

Rebecca

hookandstamp 04-30-2005 01:42 PM

Coast to Coast
Letter Perfect Backgrounds (To match my convex/concave punches)
Parisian Plaza (which has been on my wishlist forever)

MSBetsyZ 04-30-2005 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanniebabes
Terrific Tulips. I borrowed my demos to make mothers day cards and I absolutely love them! We made one at a workshop and I would post a pic but I think it might have been cased and dont know who originated it and I dont want to get flamed! :)

JEANNIE!!! If you make a card (which is cool) and you are proud of it (which you SHOULD be), then post it for us to see! That card is unique because YOU made it! If you feel funny, just say in the description, "hey! Look what I made at a workshop the other day!" Trust me, there are a TON of demos out there demoing cards without saying, "I didn't make this up myself, I cased it from SCS." Cards are put in the gallery to SHARE. So.....SHARE already! I wanna see.....