Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What to stamp inside Mother's Day cards? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-stamp-inside-mothers-day-cards-243268/)

Terri 04-25-2007 05:08 AM

What to stamp inside Mother's Day cards?

I have stamped 3 Mother's Day cards ...one for my mom, step mom and mother in law but don't know what to stamp on the inside. What does everyone else do?
Terri

Gina K. Designs 04-25-2007 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terri
I have stamped 3 Mother's Day cards ...one for my mom, step mom and mother in law but don't know what to stamp on the inside. What does everyone else do?
Terri

I generally write something, so it's different every year. You can do that on your computer and add it to the inside.

One stamp I love for this, (And you can use it for so many other things,) is the SU stamp from Versatile Verses that says, "Just wanted you know how special you are" or something very similar to that.
Hugs,
Gina K.

StampinHay79 04-25-2007 05:22 AM

I'd like some ideas too!

jpmayo 04-25-2007 06:07 AM

I almost always write something personal in all the cards I send to family. I think people like that.
HTH

Zizzie78 04-25-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpmayo
I almost always write something personal in all the cards I send to family. I think people like that.
HTH

I agree... write something personal... but if you need some help or want to put a greeting in all three and then write something personal, check out www.versalog.com I was just told about this site this morning from another SCS. I found a really nice thing to put in Father's Day Cards, I am sure there is something for Mother's Day Cards too.
HTH!

stamping_KML 04-25-2007 06:16 AM

I use my printer for the saying on the inside. You could also hand write it.

Try this site for sayings: http://www.versalog.com/v/Mother's_Day.shtml

barbcowan 04-25-2007 08:10 AM

I use two of the verses from Elegant Greetings

mkgmt 05-08-2007 07:50 PM

Every Mother's Day I send cards to my daughters, step-daughters, daughter-in-laws and step-daughter-in-laws. This is the first time I am making all of these cards and I need a nice verse to put in them. Any ideas?
Melinda

Mahloumel 05-08-2007 07:59 PM

This year I checked out the verses available at www.ink-stains.com and was very very pleased with the large number of Mother's Day verses they had. I found great sentiments for the insides of the cards I made for my Mum, MIL, and SMIL, and still have several more specific verses I will be looking to for coming Mother's Days too. To finish the insides off, I used the large daisy stamp from Looks Like Spring. That stamp can do anything!

airbornewife 05-08-2007 08:12 PM

I used a "Thanks so much" stamp and handwrote... "for being my Mom!"

Pam

bjtstamper 05-08-2007 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zizzie78
I agree... write something personal... but if you need some help or want to put a greeting in all three and then write something personal, check out www.versalog.com I was just told about this site this morning from another SCS. I found a really nice thing to put in Father's Day Cards, I am sure there is something for Mother's Day Cards too.
HTH!

There are some really great verses on this site!!! Check it out.

Sairabee 05-08-2007 09:03 PM

This probably goes against all of the rules ;), but if I can't find a stamp I like for the inside, I will surf the cards on the hallmark or dayspring website until I find something I like and then copy it into word, center it and print it on white paper. Then cut down the paper and center it on the inside of the card.

I'm a sucker for cards that make you cry, and few stamp sentiments have that power...

tara1601 05-08-2007 11:42 PM

any good quotes for mother in laws?

Bad Bev 05-09-2007 07:18 AM

Being one of five girls I usually put "Happy Mother's Day from your FAVORITE Daughter". This always manages to start an animated discussion on why each of us consider ourselves the favorite. One of my sisters even had the nerve to make herself a shirt that says "I'm Mom's Favorite". Mother usually shuts us up by telling us that none of us are her favorites, that our brother is her favorite. Good thing we have all inherited my Mom's great sense of humor.

AmberDawn 05-09-2007 07:34 AM

I google "Mother's Day Poems" and usually put that on the inside, along with my own sentiments as well:)