Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   WHAT FORUM DO I POST TO???(or how to keep your threads from being moved) (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-forum-do-i-post-how-keep-your-threads-being-moved-49458/)

camsmom 05-06-2005 01:34 PM

WHAT FORUM DO I POST TO???(or how to keep your threads from being moved)

Okay-you probably have not noticed, but MANY people are posting almost everything to 3 forums:
General Discussion
Everyday Chit Chat
Demo Chit Chat (if you are a demo)

Then I (and the other mods/administrators) need to go through and move things around, and then answer the people who say
"Hey-Where did my post go?";)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO here is a reminder:

Start Here-a place for new members to introduce themselves and the veterans to welcome them in. I always love seeing new people who live near me. :)

Announcements-BIG announcements go here-Breaking News as it were about the site or SU, or stamping in general.

General Discussion-a catch all for when you want to talk stamping but no other category seems right

Weekly Challenges-keep up with all the wonderful challenges posted here

Stampin' 101-this is a great place to ask questions like what is the difference between _______ and ____________, or how do I ____________ (emboss, use aquapainters, etc.)

Techniques and Templates-a more specific area for actual how to's with directions/patterns/templates

Swaps-well, for swapping (and read the great guidelines for members and the hostesses there-really helpful)

Everyday Chit Chat-TV, current events, funny things that go on in your life that aren't Stamping related

Buy/Sell/Trade-um, obvious I think-please make sure to read the BST guidelines BEFORE posting

Site Suggestions & Questions-WOW-for many people they neglect this section-so knock the dust off of it and check it out when you have a problem here on the boards of a technical nature. I know Jenn, Beate, and Daven all check this area frequently to see where there are isues-and this is the right forum in which to do so. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE look through the section a bit before starting a new thread-you may have a similar issue that others have gotten responses to already that could be just the ticket to help you out. ;)

I am going to be merging a lot of threads together, a cool new feature of the site. So if two (or more) people start topics that are the same, they will be put into one thread together. It is time consuming to do, but will help responses to similar situations or questions stay together. To help us out, please poke around and do some searching if you think a question you have might have been asked or answered already.

I am also busy moving things to the right/appropriate forums. If you think your post has been moved, click on your name and then bring you your profile. You can see what threads you have started or posted to and check to see where they might be now in case they are moved or merged.

Thanks so much!!!!:D

Qbee 05-06-2005 01:44 PM

Britta,

You have an overwhelming job!! Thanks for reminding us about which board to post on. You are doing a great job!! :)

Take care, Brenda

denier 05-06-2005 02:54 PM

thank you!!!!

Sharon Graham 05-06-2005 03:32 PM

Thanks for the clarification!

jbalcer 05-06-2005 03:41 PM

Thanks for laying this out so well! It makes *mucho* sense to put things where they go! :D

showmestamper 05-06-2005 03:44 PM

thanks for the gentle reminders...

camsmom 05-06-2005 03:50 PM

oh and I forgot to add a thank you to JeanneMarie for the idea to post these a while ago. Sorry it took me so long!!!!:)

Granny Hawkins 05-06-2005 05:25 PM

I don't see how you and the others do what you do. I am in awe of all of you.

scrappiemommie 05-06-2005 06:16 PM

Here here!!! Well said... the moderators do a great job and we posters can clarify where to post the threads by just reading the topic under the titles of the different board areas....

Just1more 05-06-2005 06:58 PM

Sorry, I'm sure I'm one of the guilty ones.

camsmom 05-06-2005 07:00 PM

oh gosh there are a lot of people (me included) who do it, so this is just a good reminder;)

Motherof6 05-06-2005 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just1more
Sorry, I'm sure I'm one of the guilty ones.

Sorry...Me too, I'll pay better attention next time. Thanks for all the extra work you do to fix our mistakes. :o

basketballmom 05-06-2005 08:20 PM

Thanks Britta and all the mods for your hard work!

camsmom 05-07-2005 05:30 AM

good morning!:)

hookandstamp 05-07-2005 06:49 AM

Great reminder! I always forget about everyday chit chat for the non stamping stuff!

jm_donahoe 05-07-2005 07:15 AM

Thanks, Britta! :)

row4d 05-07-2005 07:32 AM

Thanks SOOO much for posting these guidelines, Britta! Giving this thread a much-needed kick back to the top! :D

Jami 05-07-2005 09:50 AM

Thanks Britta!!!! Great reminder!

camsmom 05-07-2005 04:38 PM

Bumping for the evening crew and b/c I have been moving a bunch of things and don't want people to think their posts are disappearing;) )

Joan B 05-08-2005 12:03 AM

Thanks. Sometimes I wonder why we have the general discussion and the stamping 101 forums. I hate to take the time to look at both. Then I remember that this isn't a "we" -- this isn't my site!! So, I appreciate the reminders.

Jovi 05-08-2005 02:36 AM

Britta thanks for keeping us organized ;)

camsmom 05-08-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
Thanks. Sometimes I wonder why we have the general discussion and the stamping 101 forums. I hate to take the time to look at both. Then I remember that this isn't a "we" -- this isn't my site!! So, I appreciate the reminders.

It is tricky to keeo things sorted out sometimes.
I think of Stampin 101 as a basic "How do I..." or "What is..." questions section (not exclusively of course, but in a nutshell). So if there are kind of basic how to questions, they go there, while Techniques & Templates are for more specific technique questions.

To me the general forum is more like the catch-all if it doesn't go anywhere else. ;)

Cat 05-08-2005 06:07 PM

Bump!

avonlea 05-09-2005 04:34 PM

Thank you to all who helped put those tips together & for "stickying" this!

I love to keep things organized and am a newbie to this forum, so I do appreciate it! I know that nothing is always black in white, though, and people shouldn't take it personally if they have a thread moved. :)

I was wondering if one of the mods could please copy the first post and sticky it in the Site Suggestions Forum?

Cheers! :)

mdsnyderjr 05-10-2005 06:00 AM

i post several places sometimes just in hopes of getting a response. i think that is what happens when there are so many different forums.

camsmom 05-10-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdsnyderjr
i post several places sometimes just in hopes of getting a response. i think that is what happens when there are so many different forums.

While I understand the thought bhind it, it makes for a very "messy" board. If you don't find you are getting responses after you have been patient, then post a "bump" to teh thread and it will move it back to the top. ;)

stamps&cars 05-12-2005 03:00 PM

I am in awe of all the work you moderators have to do on a site as busy as this one and I THANK YOU! for all your hard work. Do you get ANY housework done?

camsmom 05-14-2005 12:26 PM

housework? Oh-is THAT what I am supposed to do here at home?:p

AMYCL 05-26-2005 06:54 PM

Thanks for your help and the wonderful job you guys do!

Amy

Shopping Diva 05-30-2005 05:21 AM

Why do I have a title under my name?

When I post something, I have "Cardstock Collector" under my name. Does anyone know how I can remove this, or how it even got there?

Thanks!

Jami 05-30-2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbsixt
When I post something, I have "Cardstock Collector" under my name. Does anyone know how I can remove this, or how it even got there?

Thanks!

See this thread

http://forums.splitcoaststampers.com...ad.php?t=16093

HTH :)

Jane Nisperos 06-15-2005 08:10 PM

Oh I get it... makes things a bit clearer for us newbies. Here I was just reading stuff and replying to whatever I felt like replying to. Give me a little time, I'll eventually pick up on the ways.

Jane

stampintlw 06-16-2005 04:42 AM

AACCKK! Now what??? I love all the new forums (and sub-forums!), but am suffering from severe poster's anxiety!! ;) :)

Jami 06-16-2005 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampintlw
AACCKK! Now what??? I love all the new forums (and sub-forums!), but am suffering from severe poster's anxiety!! ;) :)

I know what you mean! I love all the new forums - so organized! But just a little daunting at first.

Oh Britta...we new a brand new tutorial on where to post! And do you think you could include photos since I'm a visual learner???? ;)

camsmom 06-16-2005 12:49 PM

:D oh geez-pics as well? LOL

What I do is think about the post I have and then look at the forums-each one has a little descriptor underneath and I try and match them up that way. I am still getting to know them as well

schrades 06-21-2005 03:36 AM

You rock!! These new forums are awesome!! much easier to see what your getting into before its tooo late if ya know what I mean!! you guys are so smart!!

Vivitrigue 08-07-2005 06:30 PM

Dear Britta,

Thank you for the intro and explanations. I am brand new to SCS and stamping in general and it can look pretty intimidating! I'll eventually get some nerve up to put my cards in here too!

take care,

Vivian

MEnmystamps 08-09-2005 09:23 PM

Ok, I should have read more in to the threads before posting, but I can't sit here that long to find something I'm not sure I'm looking for.

but could you take off this thread for me? Thanks and I'll be more careful next time :D
martha

http://forums.splitcoaststampers.com...ad.php?t=77076

Salster 09-18-2005 11:14 PM

This is very helpful. I'm still green, and need a little hand holding!

Mary in VT 10-30-2005 01:35 PM

I'm lost here. My question. Is there a list somewhere on board that has a complete listing of all of the SU mini/supplement books. Thanks
MaryinVT