Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What does SU Dormant List mean exactly? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-does-su-dormant-list-mean-exactly-450383/)

MaryTHutchinson 07-26-2009 04:48 AM

What does SU Dormant List mean exactly?

I'm a brand new demo of 9 days!!! I have the SU Dormant list, and I know it means you can still order these products even though they are not in the SU catty, but does it mean they won't be in the next one? As a new demo, I need to build up my current stamp sets, and I didn't want to buy something that wasn't going to be in the next catty if I knew it wasn't going to be in there for sure.

Can anyone explain this list to me? Thanks.

Mary :)

STAMPINGODDESS 07-26-2009 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryTHutchinson (Post 14722319)
I'm a brand new demo of 9 days!!! I have the SU Dormant list, and I know it means you can still order these products even though they are not in the SU catty, but does it mean they won't be in the next one? As a new demo, I need to build up my current stamp sets, and I didn't want to buy something that wasn't going to be in the next catty if I knew it wasn't going to be in there for sure.

Unfortunately we do not know for certain if the items on the dormant list will be available next year. They will, however, be available to order until the next catalog year which goes through next July so they are still good fro alomost a year. Also, there are also no guarentees that any stamp set shown in the current catalog will be available in the next catalog, so if there is a stamp set on the dormant list that you really like and will use, then my advice is to go ahead and order.

Christine Elliott 07-26-2009 05:12 AM

Hey Colleen we must have posted at the same time.

Christine Elliott 07-26-2009 05:12 AM

You never know what will be retired until the list comes out next year. Even if it is in the catalog now does not mean it won't retire next June.
The dormant list is availble for purchase until next June. It is very possible that all of those sets may retire but we won't know for sure until next May.

Hope that helps.

Charlee 07-26-2009 05:56 AM

Last year Inspired by Nature was on the dormant list, this year it's back in the catalog. You just never know.

thescrapmaster 07-26-2009 06:58 AM

The best advice regarding buying stamp sets (regardless of whether or not they are on the dormant list or in the catalog) is buy the stamps you LOVE the most. If you love them, you will use them and be happy using them. Don't buy stamps you don't really love just because you think they will be around the longest.

row4d 07-26-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryTHutchinson (Post 14722319)

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a demo, Mary! Have you applied for access to the demo forum yet? You'll find a wealth of helpful information there as you start your brand-new business! :)

As others have said, there are likely some brand-new stamp sets in the main catalog that will not be around next year so don't let the fact that something is "dormant" sway you if you really love it! :mrgreen: Even before the two-catalog system that we had for a while, there were "one catalog wonders" that only lasted a year before they were retired.

Owning a few items from the Dormant List that you can actively demonstrate to your customers is a good thing! After all, we know too well from other facets of our lives that out of sight often means out of mind. You may meet a new stamper who isn't familiar with past catalogs, or spark the memory of a seasoned stamper who may have had one of those items on her wish list but forgot about it.

Go ahead and purchase what you really like and know you will use regardless of its status, and your enthusiasm will do the rest!