Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What does the RAK group do? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-does-rak-group-do-274201/)

stamptician 08-01-2007 03:29 PM

What does the RAK group do?

Could someone please tell me what the Random Acts of Kindness group does? I think I would be interested in joining but, would like to know beforehand what the expectations are. I'm guessing they make cards and other stamped items for people who are experiencing tough times etc. I would love to do something like this.

ladylinks 08-01-2007 04:20 PM

You make a card or whatever, for any reason, or no reason, and send it to someone else in the group! That's it! No expectations except posting a thank you in the RAK forum!

angelina0783 08-01-2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamptician (Post 6712618)
Could someone please tell me what the Random Acts of Kindness group does? I think I would be interested in joining but, would like to know beforehand what the expectations are. I'm guessing they make cards and other stamped items for people who are experiencing tough times etc. I would love to do something like this.

You can get as involved in the RAK group as you would like. You can send cards to people who are experiencing tough times, or just because. There are RAK Challenges that challenge you to send cards to people. There is a Wish RAK, that is where you send stamped images or other things people "wish" for to them.
The Random Acts of Kindness group is awesome. I say you should join and come check it out. I think you will really enjoy it.

gailwoo 08-02-2007 07:48 AM

how do you join a RAK group here?

Is there a RAK forum, I couldn't find one,
Would love to make cards for "just because",
thanks,
gail/san francisco

stamp2bless 08-02-2007 08:40 AM

one way to join the RAK group is...

Go to the home page of this site, and look, bottom left, it should say "join user group". Click there, then look for RAK. Gina is the RAK moderator. I think you will be asked why you want to join, and Gina will send you a message when she adds you to the list.

stamptician 08-02-2007 03:22 PM

Thanks for the info

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelina0783 (Post 6717396)
You can get as involved in the RAK group as you would like. You can send cards to people who are experiencing tough times, or just because. There are RAK Challenges that challenge you to send cards to people. There is a Wish RAK, that is where you send stamped images or other things people "wish" for to them.
The Random Acts of Kindness group is awesome. I say you should join and come check it out. I think you will really enjoy it.

I think you are right. I'm going to sign up.

gailwoo 08-02-2007 06:39 PM

signing up for rak group!

do I wait for gina to let me know if i pass muster?

gail

UKmuminUS 08-09-2007 06:15 PM

How long does it take before you receive a reply to let you know if you can/cant join the RAK list thread?

*SeikasHaven* 08-09-2007 07:18 PM

Hey don't want to jack your thread but perhaps someone in here will know what's going on. I requested to join the RAK group, was approved and sent in my address but then... NOTHING! I don't know what to do cuz that was almost three weeks ago and I've heard nothing since. She told me not to email her asking anything but I can't seem to access the user group yet and it seems like a really long time? Any suggestions?

angelina0783 08-09-2007 07:18 PM

I think they update it every week or two. For some reason, I am thinking every 2 weeks.

angelina0783 08-09-2007 07:20 PM

When you go to the first page of the forums, If you scroll down, you should be able to find the RAK forum if you were approved.

Cathy H 08-09-2007 07:36 PM

I'm in the RAK group - I would say just be patient. The moderator has to travel - works long hours - and only gets to update this every couple of weeks. 3 weeks is unusually long -- but there are SOOOOOO many people signing up for RAK it is quite a job. Be patient !!

StampinHampton 08-10-2007 10:18 AM

I also requested to join the RAK group almost 3 weeks ago and sent in my info shortly after the request. Gina sent out an email today with a list of people she has received info from and stating we would be approved at the next update.

ginapier 08-10-2007 10:22 AM

Working on the next update everyone... I am just awaiting response from other members so I can do the next update.

Thanks for your continued patience- We have over 100 requests again and there are many factors that cause a delay...

Looking forward to seeing you in the forums!

*SeikasHaven* 08-10-2007 01:50 PM

Patience I can do- just wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake or something:rolleyes:

PMR 08-10-2007 02:01 PM

I just started participating in the RAK group! It is really fun, it is worth the wait!
Pia

Willow01 08-26-2007 09:34 AM

Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Wish RAK is within the RAK group so if I join RAK do I have access to Wish RAK too?

Thanks much!

Kathi127 08-26-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willow01 (Post 6983099)
Hi there.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Wish RAK is within the RAK group so if I join RAK do I have access to Wish RAK too?

Thanks much!

Hi Charlene! Yes, once you join the RAK Group you will have access to the Wish-RAK Group. The best thing to do is when you are approved for the RAK Group and are able to access the forum, then go to the Wish-RAK sub-forum and read the Start Here thread. It has lots of very important information and will tell you who to send your information to so that we can get you added to our Master Lists. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me, I'm the welcome coordinator for Wish-RAK and would be happy to help you in any way!

StephStamps1982 08-26-2007 10:46 AM

The RAK group sends cards and goodies to those needing a little pick me up or "happy mail". WISH RAK is incorporated with the RAK group but you still have to join it within the RAK group. WISH RAK: You post a wish for images, ribbon, goodies,m etc...and someone will see your post and send you something that is on your wish list. WISH RAK grantors are very generous ao you have to be sure that you thank them and post a thank you to the WISH RAK Thank You forum. Then when your wishes have been grated you let everyone know by posting that your wish has been granted...also, make sure that you see what others are wishing for to see if you too can grant someone's wish! It's a lot of fun!

Willow01 08-27-2007 11:02 AM

Hi Kathi
Thank you so much. I am going to get a few work related deadlines out of the way and then I will be all ready to sign up. I have heard nothing but good stuff about the RAK group.

Thanks again
Charlene

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathi127 (Post 6983332)
Hi Charlene! Yes, once you join the RAK Group you will have access to the Wish-RAK Group. The best thing to do is when you are approved for the RAK Group and are able to access the forum, then go to the Wish-RAK sub-forum and read the Start Here thread. It has lots of very important information and will tell you who to send your information to so that we can get you added to our Master Lists. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me, I'm the welcome coordinator for Wish-RAK and would be happy to help you in any way!

Willow01 08-27-2007 11:04 AM

Hi Stephanie. Thank you so much for your reply. It sounds great. I will be signing up very soon.

Thanks again!
Charlene

Quote:

Originally Posted by StephStamps1982 (Post 6983504)
The RAK group sends cards and goodies to those needing a little pick me up or "happy mail". WISH RAK is incorporated with the RAK group but you still have to join it within the RAK group. WISH RAK: You post a wish for images, ribbon, goodies,m etc...and someone will see your post and send you something that is on your wish list. WISH RAK grantors are very generous ao you have to be sure that you thank them and post a thank you to the WISH RAK Thank You forum. Then when your wishes have been grated you let everyone know by posting that your wish has been granted...also, make sure that you see what others are wishing for to see if you too can grant someone's wish! It's a lot of fun!

SusieQ4417 01-21-2008 05:35 PM

I want to join. Sounds wonderful!

beadsonthebrain 01-21-2008 05:37 PM

I sent an application I think two weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Anxiously waiting.

SusieQ4417 01-21-2008 05:40 PM

I just turned in my application. Do they turn down people or do they let everyone in?

Cynamom 01-21-2008 05:52 PM

I am not sure if they turn people down. But I know it can take two weeks or more to get approved because it is a volunteer that does the approvals and she is busy.

bsgstamps4fun 02-03-2008 04:14 AM

Thanks for all the information about RAK group. Hopefully, I'll have the time to join soon. You all have been so helpful and have answered my questions without having to ask them. Sounds like a great group!

monkeymama 02-03-2008 10:08 AM

Boy, this sounds fun! I may have to send in an application.

luv too stamp 02-03-2008 11:53 AM

This sounds fun - I think I will join as well - thank you

scrap-n-stamp 03-10-2008 07:33 AM

RAK group

i received an email from gina, requesting my name, address etc. so i sent it back into her, but it has been almost 4 weeks and still no access to the group. Is this normal or should i try to contact her again? i know she is a busy woman from the email she sent me, so i dont want to bother her unneccesarily, but i would still like to join the group.

thx, theresa