Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2005, 06:27 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What do you stamp on the back of cards?

Hi! I'm making cards to sell at my open house and also a fall festival. I just wondered what y'all stamp on the back of yours. I know SU! demos have to use one of their specials stamps for that purpose, but TAC doesn't. So I thought I could at least stamp our TAC logo on them, but do any of you put anything else? Like your name or email, in case whoever ends up with the card is interested in more? Just looking for ideas. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 06:36 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Vicki,

I use one of our copyright stamps with my name on it. Yes, I'm an SU demo, but I bought it not because I had too (I don't sell my creations,) but I wanted my name with the copyright just in case I needed it. I like that it has both my name and SU. Before I bought this stamp I just used a stamp from the set I was using and signed under it. I know a lot of people that include the year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 06:41 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a "handmade by" stamp that I use and then I sign my name under it. Under that, I have my "trademark" stamp that is a very elaborate, pretty G and then I write the year underneath that.

I don't sell my cards, but this is what I do whenver I make one to send to someone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 07:10 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I use an SU copyright stamp with my name on it also--not to sell, but just to have my name on the back. I'm sure TAC does personalilized stamps, don't they? You could have one made up as your own personal logo for the back of your creations. Contact info could be whatever you feel comfortable with. If you put an e-mail, I'd probably get an e-mail addy for that purpose only so that you don't have your primary e-mail getting spammed.
My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 07:20 AM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

I have an SU copyright stamp now, but before I got it, I had a stamp made at one of the office supply stores that said, 'handstamped by (my name). You can have other information put on there, too. they are pretty inexpensive, but it's been years and I can't remember how much. (maybe @7.00) I had a few more made up for stampin friends of mine for their birthdays, they made really unique gifts and they use them all of the time! now I would order them from the catty, see page 177.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 07:20 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiedesigns
I use an SU copyright stamp with my name on it also--not to sell, but just to have my name on the back. I'm sure TAC does personalilized stamps, don't they? You could have one made up as your own personal logo for the back of your creations. Contact info could be whatever you feel comfortable with. If you put an e-mail, I'd probably get an e-mail addy for that purpose only so that you don't have your primary e-mail getting spammed.

If I was going to sell my cards, I would probably do this. But, I don't sell my cards, so I either stamp a little "hand stamped by" incentive stamp and then put my name or initials, or sometimes I use stamps from a little set like Year Round Fun (which is retired), but basically something small that fits the "theme" of the card and just sign my name under it.

My gallery
My blog!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 07:53 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by IMBlessed5
Hi! I'm making cards to sell at my open house and also a fall festival. I just wondered what y'all stamp on the back of yours. I know SU! demos have to use one of their specials stamps for that purpose, but TAC doesn't. So I thought I could at least stamp our TAC logo on them, but do any of you put anything else? Like your name or email, in case whoever ends up with the card is interested in more? Just looking for ideas. Thanks!
Anyone who sells stuff made with SU! stamps has to use one of their special copyright stamps -- not just demos.

There is a company selling really cute stamps that say things like "when you care enough to make it yourself" that poke fun at Hallmark. I think they have an eBay store, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 08:08 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

I use Su copy right stamp for the cards that are Su and I also... put a clear address label on the back with my addy and phone if anybody wants to order from me...I'm not a demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 08:30 AM   #9  
mothermcbride

I haven't sold any cards yet but do have one of the angel stamps just in case. For the cards I give, I use a small stamp either from the set I am using or with a similar theme and put my initials. Sometimes, I just hand draw a smiley face, star, Christmas tree, whatever and my initials. If I were going to sell, I'd probably just make up some little cards with my name and email and include it with the purchase rather than put it on the back.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 08:39 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I sell 1000 and 1000 of cards so the address labels ARe advertising for me...Thanks

Also I have business cards that I include with everyones purchase
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 08:59 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Default I use the personalized stamp too..

I bought the personalized stamp from SU! also that has the copyright on it so I can sell them if I wish. I don't plan to sell cards any time soon but I always have put something on the back saying I made it. I like the personalized touch. I usually write the year on it too.

I like the idea of getting another stamp that has my email addy on it. I'll think about getting one of those - it could come in handy!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Default Thank you

Thank you ladies! Lots of GREAT suggestions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 09:06 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

There are a few different ways I sign my cards:

My initials with the year underneath (my husband, who is an artist by hobby, insists that ALL good artists MUST sign their artwork. I'm humbled that he lumps me in the category of 'good artists', so I sign....LOL)

I also have a couple stamps that I use on various cards:

"Better than a Hallmark because it was made by ME!"

"Hand stamped art - Limited Edition 1/1"

And then, of course, there are the various 'hand stamped' stamps that I have through SU.

But ... I also don't sell my cards; just give 'em away. Thought about selling them, but lack the confidence.

"I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to."
"When we forgive, we free ourselves from the bitter ties that bind us to the one who hurt us."

Last edited by Sheriyanne; 08-04-2005 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: Forgot something....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 09:14 AM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I caved and just ordered a personalized stamp from SU. I got a RAK from someone who had one and it looked so much more professional than how I was doing it, which was using an angel policy stamp and then signing my name. If you are mostly doing SU then get a personalized one, it's those little touches. JMHO--Tracy

Join us in Buffalo on 4/28/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

If it's made from totally SU products, I use on of the angel policy stamps (Handmade with Love/Handmade with Love II).

If not, I either use an M monogram or one that just says "Hand Stamped"
Michelle C., #12400
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/hookandstamp
Reply With Quote Likes