Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What do you like so far about the new gallery? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-do-you-like-so-far-about-new-gallery-38990/)

Chef Mama 03-28-2005 01:17 PM

What do you like so far about the new gallery?

Or the new way the gallery is set up? I'm sure Daven has heard complaints, but I already found some things I like. I like that there is no "Most Popular" or "least popular". Because of that, I like that they automatically get sorted by date, not by the ones w/ the most comments. \

So, what do you like?

Lori

Soozie4Him 03-28-2005 01:26 PM

I *LOVE* that Daven left-justified the "Photo Details" as well as the Comments section!! I really really appreciate that - so much easier on my eyes! I also love the fact that the default seems to be 24 samples per page, and that the latest are first!!

Thanks, Daven!

Susan

LadyScrppr 03-28-2005 01:47 PM

I must be dumb, I don't see much difference.

ghred 03-28-2005 01:56 PM

On my computer each card I click on to view it larger is opening about 20 times faster which means I can view about 20 times more cards in the same amount of time :)

LadyScrppr 03-28-2005 01:58 PM

Duh now I see some changes. I like it.

splitcoaststampers 03-28-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyScrppr
Duh now I see some changes. I like it.

we're all about subtlety around here. actually, the main reason for the update was to try and address some of our performance issues. doh! that didn't pan out too well. we're still workin' on it though...

Kar 03-28-2005 03:17 PM

I love looking at the thumbnails... then you don't know what was popular you just look at the pics of the cards and comment on them that way :)

Inkalicious 03-28-2005 07:01 PM

I MISS being able to click on the LATEST option! how do I get the Gallery to work like that? I always went in and clicked lates, and it sortd from newest to oldest. Now I feel like I am MISSING lots of samples cuz I cant figure it out. I dont understand the Ascending/descending thing, or the Filename thing etc. I just want my latest!! WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! :cry:
Tandra

11Valerie11 03-28-2005 07:14 PM

I miss viewing the Latest, too..........and can't figure it out either, can anybody help us out?

TIA,
Valerie

ScrappinGoodTime 03-28-2005 07:20 PM

At the home page select today's additions.
At the bottom of the screen you can pick the box on the left hand side
titled sort by and select posted date
Middle box timeframe 1 day, 3 days your pick
Order Descending
now hit sort now and you are off to the races with the most recent
Have fun!!

jess_witty 03-28-2005 07:23 PM

I LOVE that I can see 24 cards at once!

One question... when I comment on a card, how do I get back to where I was in the gallery without having to use the "back" button (doesn't that just undo my comment?)? I get frustrated leaving comments and then having to go back to the home page and start all over! Please help end my frustration!

purplewinkle 03-28-2005 07:26 PM

I like how much faster it is to down load a card. We still have dial up and the change is wonderful.

I have always loved splitcoast, and it keeps gettting better

Thanks!

Jackie G 03-28-2005 07:26 PM

I LUV the DASH-fast uploads!!!
I LUV the fact that we can view a site that is constantly updated and is monitered so if there is a question BAM! you get an answer.
I LUV Splitcoast!!

Jackie G 03-28-2005 07:29 PM

Jess_witty,

Up by the back arrow there is a little down pointing triangle. Click on that and it will usually give you the option to go bak to the "latest additions" or "latest gallery". I may not have described it just right but play with it and you will get it.

Inkalicious 03-28-2005 07:30 PM

Jess-Witty- hitting the back button wont get rid of your comments! After you go back, then click on a couple more cards, your message shows up! I still want my easy Latest button!!!! :cry: :cry: LOL
Tandra

ScrappinGoodTime 03-28-2005 07:36 PM

I find the fastest way to comment and keep looking is to right click the mouse and hit open window and then while that window is opening I am looking for another and then while my comment is posting I am looking for another and so on and so on and so on....

Stampinsue 03-28-2005 07:39 PM

I love the new speed!!! I am able to look through the gallery so much faster!!
Thanks Daven!!!

Chef Mama 03-28-2005 08:38 PM

Aren't they automatically shown my latest entry now as the default? I thought that's what was happening. If not, how are they sorted? At the bottom of the page in the gallery you can click on what you want to start with "Beginning" "Last 45 days" "Last Day" etc. then ascending or descending. I need to play with it more to figure it out.

I just found the QUick jump button! so you don't have to go back to the gallery index page to get to another page! If I'm looking at the Ageless Adornment samples, then want to see Summer by the Sea, I can click on that at the bottom! Cool!

Lori

stamping_jen 03-28-2005 08:48 PM

I only get 12 pictures, not 24?

stampingcaz 03-28-2005 10:27 PM

I like that you can subscribe to gallerys and get notified when people upload, although it isnt working for me just yet, I get an email but its never got a card link that has worked yet. But I am sure once its working it will be great!

Caz

lbirus 03-28-2005 11:04 PM

SPEED BABY!!!!!!! Whooaaah... like lightening.... I'm dizzy from it and lovin life!!! You guys ROCK!
Thanks from the bottom of our little inky hearts! :) :) :)

Stampinsue 03-29-2005 04:10 PM

How do you subscribe to a certain person's gallery so you know when the upload. I would love to know how to do that.
Sue

jan.stamp 03-29-2005 04:36 PM

How do I set my default to 24 per page? I always have to go in and change the amount per page every time I open the gallery.
TIA,
~janice

stampingcaz 03-29-2005 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampinsue
How do you subscribe to a certain person's gallery so you know when the upload. I would love to know how to do that.
Sue

Sue I dont know about certain peoples galleries, but you can subscribe to certain sets by clicking on the link at the bottom left when you are viewing a card, its right at the bottom of the screen on the left.

caz

sarahm 03-31-2005 07:03 AM

I really miss not being able to search by "popular". Is there a way to do something similar?

hyderrogers 03-31-2005 07:22 AM

Love the speed but really, really miss the 'Latest' button. Has it gone forever or is it just on vacation for a while?

Donna

bergstamper 03-31-2005 08:48 AM

Wow wow wow, Thanks thanks thanks!!!!!! While on the home page I just clicked on todays additions to the gallery (in the middle of the page) then in the top right I pulled down 24 pictures to a page. Broused away then used the quick pull down bar at the bottom right to search for a set I liked found 2 cards submitted today using that set. Then deceided to check out that sets gallery (clicked just below an individual card sample on the set name) lightnening fast I'm vewing the desired gallery. I Love it! Thanks so much Daven and all who have put so much into making the greatest site even better, Nan

stampintoo 03-31-2005 09:07 AM

It's the speed! I love to go fast - and no ticket worries here. :wink: Awesome job, Daven! Thank you!

bergstamper 03-31-2005 09:38 AM

Whoo Hooo. Have you seen the new sketch gallery? Go to the gallery and click on the very last link. They are all there together. I love it!!!!

camsmom 03-31-2005 11:15 AM

The LATEST is the automatic default setting now. Even when you make a comment, the cards do not shift as they used to to show the most recently commented ones on the 1st page. That is why you don't seea "latest" choice-it is the automatic one.
SOOOOOOOOO COOL!

To change teh number of cards shown from 12 to 24 look to the right corner-there is a pull down menu you can choose to change the # :D