Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What do you like to see on stamp co blogs (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-do-you-like-see-stamp-co-blogs-558990/)

deeth1 08-08-2012 03:53 AM

What do you like to see on stamp co blogs

Would really love to hear your thoughts on what makes a great company blog.

So, if you could design the perfect blog for a company that makes rubber stamps, what would you feature? What draws you to your favorite blogs?

Are you looking for contests where you enter to win free stamps?

Blog candy give aways?

Blog hops?

Blogs that offer a Flickr group where you can chat and upload cards to the gallery like the Hero Arts Flickr group?

Great designers that post fun projects that you would like to make?

Or is there something else you really like about your favorite company blogs?

Hope you have a great day!

Deloris

winnieu 08-08-2012 09:14 AM

I like to see projects made with their products. It really sells the products to me. Tim holtz knows how to sells his products. Papertrey ink has a great design team and great samples.

buggainok 08-08-2012 09:19 AM

I like to see ideas on how to use the stamps, etc.

Also, I like to see stuff that I can reasonably expect to accomplish. Complicated, lengthy techniques are just not for me. If you have to use 27 different products to make one card, I just scroll on by.:)

I don't care anything about blog candy, contests, or free drawings to win something.

binkiemonstermom 08-08-2012 10:29 AM

I honestly don't look at company blogs as much as I do individuals blogs. I guess because I am thrilled to see what the company has done, but the individuals' blogs just pull me in more. I love the different project ideas. I love seeing demos take a stamp set and make several projects out of the stamp set, to me that "sells" the stamp set! That is also what I try and do on my blog. Use a stamp set several different ways and for different projects!

canada goose 08-08-2012 11:24 AM

What do you like to see on stamp co blogs

I agree that I don't care about Any candy...but I do have a wish. many different stamp designers have their own unique style of card. I would like to see more videos of what their thought proces is as to now they achieve their look. A step by step perhaps video tut on how and why they choose specific items to get their look.

Recently Melissa Phillips did a tut on how she does her beautiful vintage cArds, ANd Nicole Heady also did a video with explanations on how to make a card from an inspiration ,and how she goes about doing so with her own colors and stamps.

I think this thought process would be helpful. hope I explained this clearly:rolleyes:

SageBrush 08-08-2012 11:44 AM

I would agree with Bugga's comments. I want to see ideas on how to use the company's stamps and other products.

I find blog hops totally annoying! Just put all the cards in one spot and don't make me "hop" from page to page. Don't care for Flickr groups.

I do participate in contests to try to win stamps or products.

Try to get different designers. Seems the same ten people design for many companies. It makes the examples all look the same from company to company since, designers have a recognizable style.

Thanks for asking!