Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What do you like about being a SU! Demo? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-do-you-like-about-being-su-demo-40165/)

kidsartmusic 04-01-2005 11:30 AM

What do you like about being a SU! Demo?

I am NOT a demo and can't do it right now, but am thinking about it in the future. I'd love to hear what you like about it. Do you end up spending more than you make? Where do you meet stampers or prospective stampers? Do you have online support from the co.? Very interested in hearing about this...

Erin

kwatling 04-01-2005 01:10 PM

Hi Erin:
What I love about being a SU demo is the wonderful people I meet and the excitement that comes when they learn a new technique or excited about making a card -
Oh - yes, I do spend more than I make - but that is my choice. I know I could hold back but I don't - in the mean time I am building up my inventory of accessories and supplies.
I meet fellow stampers through friends I stamp with. When you do consider being an SU Demo, host an open house and invite all your family and friends, tell them to bring a guest - you may be surprised on how many people will be interested. Make sure you have hands-on projects and display neat items.
Yes - you do have online support from SU - if you want it, but be sure to sign up under a demo that is willing to offer support - the person I signed up under - moved - so I am basically on my own - but I help support other orphan demo's in the area - you become friends.
SCS is another great resource - you already started accessing this resource, don't stop.

StamperedChef 04-01-2005 01:35 PM

I started out slow, and probably spending way more than I was making. Over time it has gone the other way. I went from barely making the $300 a quarter to over $5,000 a quarter now. I have never once regretted my decision. I had a snafu with the lady I was going to sign up under, so I had originally said forget it. I thought about it for a few days and I still wanted to do it so I found someone else and never looked back. I love getting my stuff cheaper. Getting paid to do something you love is great too! I figured that the worst that could happen was I got a ton of stamping stuff for a great discount and I would quit at the end. HTH

stampin_4_sanity 04-01-2005 02:21 PM

Everything!!!! I love that the $300 quarterly minimum is sooooo easy to reach with little or no effort that you can be as successful as you want. By that I mean you can be a real go getter or just a laid back hobby demo just getting the 20% off.

I also love how SU rewards their demonstrators often with free stamp sets, conferences to help build the business, magazines, and monthly specials to help with customer relations.

I do spend by instant income (what I make immediately on a workshop order) because I choose to- I don't pay anything usually out of pocket. But I usually save (actually put it into checking) my monthly volume rebate.

I also love getting to know different people and learning different techniques, ideas, etc.

Hope that helps :D

Heather

stampin_4_sanity 04-01-2005 02:22 PM

Everything!!!! I love that the $300 quarterly minimum is sooooo easy to reach with little or no effort that you can be as successful as you want. By that I mean you can be a real go getter or just a laid back hobby demo just getting the 20% off.

I also love how SU rewards their demonstrators often with free stamp sets, conferences to help build the business, magazines, and monthly specials to help with customer relations.

I do spend by instant income (what I make immediately on a workshop order) because I choose to- I don't pay anything usually out of pocket. But I usually save (actually put it into checking) my monthly volume rebate.

I also love getting to know different people and learning different techniques, ideas, etc.

Hope that helps :D

Heather

stampin_4_sanity 04-01-2005 02:23 PM

Oh man, I'm sorry for the double post. And it's sooooooo long!!!! :oops:

stamperjules 04-01-2005 02:25 PM

Re: What do you like about being a SU! Demo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidsartmusic
I am NOT a demo and can't do it right now, but am thinking about it in the future. I'd love to hear what you like about it. Do you end up spending more than you make? Where do you meet stampers or prospective stampers? Do you have online support from the co.? Very interested in hearing about this...

Erin

I'm a fairly new demo and I love being a part of the SU family. I have had wonderful experiences from the CS people I have called, they have all been very helpful and friendly. I think one thing I really love about being a Demo is that I am a part of a company that is about more than just making money; SU donates $$ to several good causes like breast cancer research, tsunami relief, Ronald McDonald house. It makes me feel good to know that SU is a company that has compassion.

Jules

JulieHRR 04-01-2005 02:53 PM

Meeting wonderful people, touching their lives and them touching mine
Being part of the SU! Demonstrator "Sisterhood"--wonderful support
Learning new skills
Sharing/teaching
Being an every day person who gets to make art every day
Early-bird purchasing on sets in the coming mini catalog(s)
The SU! demonstrator newsletter
The SU! demonstrator website with it's wonderful Online Express Ordering system and demonstrator only gallery
Being able to fund my stamping vice, AND contribute to the family budget
Oh, yeah! Forgot about the 20% discount on my own purchase AND
Opportunities to earn free stamps based on personal sales, etc. :oops:

:D

DebbiS 04-01-2005 03:04 PM

The discount is what I like the most. The next thing is getting to see and order new things before they come out in the catalog!! And earning FREE things on top of the discount....oh, I could just go on and on....

rsdreyer 04-01-2005 03:07 PM

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

JocelynM 04-01-2005 03:14 PM

Not a demo - hoping to sign up this month though (still discussing the $$ thing with DH!) - but there are 2 things I KNOW I am going to like about being a demo.

1. 20% discount!! YEAH!
2. Meeting people and getting paid to do something I LOVE to do.

YEAH!

JocelynM

jewellz300 04-01-2005 03:40 PM

It is a GREAT group of people to be involved with, I joined for the social part of it and I absolutely LOVE WHAT I DO.......you will too!
And if you have any bit of creativity in your blood you will love the freedom to express and to sit back and see what you created.

JOIN and become a DEMO especially this month with the $30.00 off the demo starter kit...........Great deal in it's self.

The SU Website for Demos is GREAT too, not to mention all the other little extras you get. DO IT!!!! You won't regret it at all. :)

craftymel 04-01-2005 03:44 PM

I know it's been said already but I love "Everything" about SU :D The product is top notch, cannot compare to anything else out there.
Melanie

boogasmom 04-01-2005 05:06 PM

What about all the time you spend cutting up cardstock for the event?? Any tips on make it an time efficient process??

Stamping Teacher 04-01-2005 05:54 PM

I love both the ideas and skills I get to learn, the free products, and the feeling you get when you introduce someone to stamping! How awesome is that!!!

Mandy

tomaral 04-01-2005 06:29 PM

One of the things I love about being a demo -- everytime I turn around they are offering some cool incentive.. who doesn't like free stamps?!

The website makes it so easy with forms and ideas -- Stampin'Success is packed full of helpful info and some really great ideas. I like being able to call Demostrator Support and they are always helpful and very friendly.

I like the products, and the wonderful things I can do with them. I like looking at the finished goods and saying "hey cool, I made that"... makes me feel like an artist, and every piece... a masterpiece.

what can I say.. I am smitten :D

rlayton 04-01-2005 07:49 PM

Since I bought my Carl Cutter, cutting for workshops has been soooo easy and fast.
Roberta

jewellz300 04-01-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogasmom
What about all the time you spend cutting up cardstock for the event?? Any tips on make it an time efficient process??

Buy a Carl Cutter 220e.............saves ALOT of time.

Mom-of-one 04-02-2005 05:19 AM

:D EVERYTING! :D