Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What do you do with sets you don't like? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-do-you-do-sets-you-dont-like-38131/)

katzni 03-24-2005 04:26 PM

What do you do with sets you don't like?

What do you do with stamp sets that you've bought, used, and not really liked? I have a few that I'm just not very fond of!!

1) Force yourself to find a creative way to use them?
2) Trade/Sell them?
3) Give them away?
4) Shove them to the back until you need it for something?
5) Other?

vgotway 03-24-2005 04:29 PM

4) Shove them to the back until I need them one day.

I really should trade or sell them though. Maybe I'll have a "my daughters' tuition went up" sale. :D

ncs 03-24-2005 04:34 PM

They are stacked up with all my other sets. At times, I look through my stamps and think "Ah, I forgot about you!!!" Some sets I just get bored with, yet can't part with them. I am a SU! hoarder! :oops:

nightscrapper 03-24-2005 04:34 PM

I put them in my kid's cabinet. Then they could use them. My kids are pretty great at taking care of them so if I ever need to use them, they are there.

marlo

WeLove2Stamp 03-24-2005 04:39 PM

any combination of #1,2,4

photocropper 03-24-2005 04:43 PM

4) Shove them to the back until you need it for something?

I am such a collector - I think to myself "I can not use this but if I let it go then someone will post something that is just awesome and I will not have it" SO they sit there waiting to be used and begging to see the light of day!
What should I do - LET THEM GO! But that is not my nature!

Shelley

Kay-Kay 03-24-2005 04:50 PM

Trade Them!

I've had great success trading sets on this website! Remember one person's junk is another's treasure! I've been able to enjoy different sets by arranging for a trade with someone who wanted just what I had! Try it! It's great! Kay-Kay

jdmeeks 03-24-2005 04:57 PM

I'm a terrible pack rat; so I shove them to the back. Eventually, I will use it and sometimes I even get on a kick and use them a lot - except Gifted Glvoe. That is a set I truly do not like and have never used - it was a gift from my SIL years ago.

Sassy Cassie 03-24-2005 04:59 PM

I like to use mine to collect dust. I have a nice collection going. I'd be happy to send some of my dust your way, just let me know! :lol:

aleximom 03-24-2005 05:00 PM

pack rat???? How about pack it like an elephant! That would be me. I've bought sets from 3 years ago that I've never used, will never use, but just can't part with. Why you ask? Because there mine! I just can't stand the idea of giving them up - even the "mister uglies"!!

I need serious help!!! Suzanne

mommyof2 03-24-2005 05:04 PM

Ditto on Suzanne's comment. Sometimes I'll look at them and wonder "What was I thinking"?

katzni 03-24-2005 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie
I like to use mine to collect dust. I have a nice collection going. I'd be happy to send some of my dust your way, just let me know! :lol:

lol!!! Sure, send some my way :)

ulinlisa 03-24-2005 05:25 PM

Send some my way too. Could put them to good use. I do daycare and the oder kids love to stamp.

FourAliments 03-24-2005 05:37 PM

If they're retired, I usually sell them on eBay. If they're still current, I trade them here.

deeth1 03-24-2005 05:50 PM

Sets

2 Attachment(s)
Last week I went through all my stamps and found a couple of retired sets I had never used. I was going to sell them on ebay, but I decided to give them one more try before I gave up on them.

Here's one of the cards that I made with the Petite Posies set that was collecting dust. It was one of those - what was I thinking when I bought this set. But after giving it another try, I really like it now.

GnarlyGirl 03-24-2005 06:00 PM

that card is way tooo cute!!!