Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What do you do with Heat and Stick powder?? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-do-you-do-heat-stick-powder-21905/)

Soozie4Him 01-01-2005 06:42 AM

What do you do with Heat and Stick powder??

I'm placing an order today and I see this mentioned more and more. What *exactly* can you do with it? Do I need it?! :lol:

Susan

claudia4 01-01-2005 06:52 AM

I'm curious tooo... I have wanted to try it but wasn't sure what to do with it. Someone please enlighten us! LOL :D

winthrop84 01-01-2005 07:01 AM

I use it when I want to add glitter to my cards. Here is what I do:

1. Stamp with Versa Mark
2. Add heat and stick powder
3. Heat with embossing gun
4. Sprinkle on glitter

Helen

texasjodylynn 01-01-2005 07:02 AM

you...

You use versamark, top boss, or a craft pad (wet ink) and stamp your image, then sprinkle the heat and stick on, heat a little bit, then throw on some glitter, flock or anything else that is fine that you want to stick, and then heat a little more to set it. It's like embossing glue.

HTH

StampTilDawn 01-01-2005 07:09 AM

What do you do with Heat and Stick powder?

Heat and stick is a great way to apply glitter to your stamped images! You use it similar to Embossing Powder. Here is how it works:
1. rub your cs with the embossing buddy to remove static. 2. Stamp your image using versa-mark pad. 3. Pour the Heat and Stick on to the stamped image and pour off the excess like you do EP. 4. note: this powder melts quicker than regular EP and can scorch so be quick with this next step Have your glitter open and ready, Heat the powder until it turns clear while the powder is still hot and tacky, pour your glitter on to the image and remove excess like EP. 5. Re-heat the image with the glitter on it being careful not to overheat. Now what you have is a stamped image that looks like you embossed with glitter!! Be patient, Heat and Stick can be a bit frustrating to work with at first.
Dawn

jarmstrong 01-01-2005 07:23 AM

I have this but never demo it because I haven't been able to come up with a project using it that I really like. Can anyone post any links to projects using the heat & stick - I'd love to demo this product!

lweller 01-01-2005 07:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)
here is a layout i have really enjoyed working with. Fun with Shapes is a great set to display the effect of glitter using heat & stick.

i have attached a picture of a card that i have enjoyed - i hope it posts okay!!!!! very easy layout - i cased it from a christmas card i saw done with this same stamp set. i have done this at a couple workshops, and everyone loves it!

good luck!
lori :D

wonniegirl 01-01-2005 07:51 AM

I also use it with all of my pearl-ex powders. Then it turns all of your Pearl-ex into embossing powders as well because it is raised.

It is a must have as far as I am concerned, the only embossing powders that I have are the detailed metallics, other than that I emboss this way.

and of course like everyone has mentioned it is great for glitter.

stamper_jamie 01-01-2005 08:03 AM

would it work with the micro beads?