Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About becoming a demo...

Okay so I'm new to this stamping thing... I'd call it a hobby but I know for many of you it is much more than that...:mrgreen:

I'm really trying to decide whether to take the plunge and become a SU demo. For now it would be pretty much just for myself, with view to turn it into a part-time business (or even FT) later on, once I'm confident in it. I am not one to do something half hearted, and I have recently purchased a couple of sets from eBay to make my Christmas cards, I'm so excited! Paying full price when I could join as a demo and get the starter kit and then the discount on future purchases seems like such a no-brainer, but DH has questions about the business side of things, especially considering I will only be buying for myself for now.

Can anyone explain how it works - PM me or post here? I really want to sign up to get the starter kit deal before the end of the month but I need to convince DH. Is it still a "business" when I am only purchasing for me, and therefore can stamp sets etc still be classified as expenses?

***I live in SoCal, so if anyone is in that area I'd love to hear from you!***
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

if you are only purchasing for yourself then no...it's not a business expense since you aren't running a business...but the discount alone if you are a die hard buyer is enough...that's why I originally signed up....but now have decided otherwise...I really want to grow my business..

I don't live in your area...but I hope you find someone nearby that can help you out....I can answer any questions if you want (if I can *g*)...and if you don't know anyone in your area you can go to the SU! webpage and use the demo locator to find one in your area.

Ink Fumes Make You Crazy-->Inksanity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Let your dear hubby know that YOU will be your best customer instead of being somebody elses customer. I started only to get the discount and then I realized that if I did workshops and classes I could get other people to pay for my habit and I'm not taking any money out of our regular account. I also love it because I can claim all my stamping purchases as well as mileage and other things at tax time. And you should really take advantage of the sale that they are having on the starter kit, I wish they had had that special back when I signed up. Check on the stampin up website to find other demo's in your area. Good luck in what ever you decide to do. I can say that I've been a demo for almost 4 years and I wouldn't change a thing I absolutely love it.

Angela Riddell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2006, 12:01 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Thank you ladies for replying to my question. I would love to make it a business eventually but seing as I'm so new to stamping in general I have a lot to learn.
Reply With Quote Likes