Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What do YOU color with your copics? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-do-you-color-your-copics-517773/)

FlyGirlStamper 01-18-2011 12:44 PM

What do YOU color with your copics?

Just wondering what various stamps other color with thier copics. Besides SU! stamps...I'm not that into TGF or Magnolia....reminds me too much of "Holly Hobby" from the 70's!
I DO like the idea that TGF and Magnolia brand stamps offer plenty of room for color gradiation...just want a "different" look other than "cutesy"...KWIM?
Suggestions please!!!;)

FlyGirlStamper 01-18-2011 12:52 PM

BUMP

NancyK. 01-18-2011 12:55 PM

The florals and fruit image from Flourishes are wonderful to use with copics. Mark's Finest papers also has many stamps that work well with copics.

leelulumpkin 01-18-2011 01:18 PM

Apologies if this brand of stamp "is'nt your bag" as Austin Powers would say, but I seem to be able to colour in the Penny Black images better than any other brand. I have done a few magnolia in the past but having so few variations of colours felt that I was getting nowhere near the results as I have seen from other members so rather pathetically have given up (at least until I get more shades!)

I got my first copics at Christmas and although the cards below have been done using promarkers, the results I have had with my copics has been even better (IMO!)

Penny Black Hedgehog Wishes For Kisses Christmas Card by leelulumpkin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Penny Black Witchy Mouse Halloween Card by leelulumpkin - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

A big plus for me too (being a newbie) is that all of the PB stamps come with a coloured picture on top of the stamp which I have found invaluable as a way of practising my feeble efforts.

For me that is one of the downside of clear sets, (although a rare few do) having a ready coloured image to copy would be fantastic if the companies included those. Then when we get more confident we could put our own colour combo's into action.

Sorry if this is of no help whatsoever and happy colouring! x

Lainy67 01-18-2011 01:51 PM

I guess the first question I have is what IS the style stamp you like?

For florals Flourishes are great.
For less cutesy more hot images - Bombshell Stamps and Kenny K Digi Images
I also have some images from Paper Pretties, Kraftin Kimmie and Belles and Whistles.

I own less than 10 SU images, so can't really comment on those.

AmberDawn 01-18-2011 03:12 PM

Anything with open lines, lol! I love my TGF stamps but here are a few others I like to color!

MFT stamps
Stamping Bella
Sparkle Creations
CC Designs (from All that Scraps)
Verve Stamps

I'm sure I missed a ton but these are some of my favorite companies that offer stamps you can color with Copics:)

shastess 01-18-2011 03:55 PM

As Amber mentioned there are alot of Verve stamps that are good!

also Gina K and Papertrey Ink

both of their stores offer copics and their blogs have tips and tutorials and examples

Philippa 01-18-2011 04:39 PM

Sweet Pea Stamps are gorgeous to colour with Copics.

sprtchick 01-19-2011 09:44 AM

so far only flowers..I am a new user and I have a LOT to learn...some of you ladies here are amazing in your coloring.
blessings.

thebiscuitscraps 01-19-2011 09:59 AM

I love animals. This is my favorite that I can't wait to be good enough to color:
Copic Creations Challenge #19… � Expressions With Heart

Pam Sparks' style is right up my Copic alley. ;-)

jazzytobi 01-19-2011 10:20 AM

Do you do digi or are you only rubber/clear? There are a lot of digi stamp companies out there that carry beautiful images for colouring..
Here are a couple of companies from whom I've purchased stamps recently:
Whimsie Doodles
Digistampcharacters (she designs for My Favorite Things too)