Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   what do you all store in your Iris ontainers that are at Mike's? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-do-you-all-store-your-iris-ontainers-mikes-586335/)

KarenBinPa 04-10-2014 03:33 AM

what do you all store in your Iris ontainers that are at Mike's?

Trying to decide if I need to make a trip there today.

jeanstamping2 04-10-2014 04:24 AM

I love using these types of containers. I keep in mine my Stampin Up! ink pads. as well as some other ink pads.

Also they are great for projects, for crops. I use them to store ribbon in.
12x12 designer Paper.

I keep a lot of things in plastic containers. mostly cause my stamp room is in the basement. Plus I can grab them up and take them with me...on vacations, going to a friends house or weekend retreats.

cbet 04-10-2014 06:31 AM

I have a rather, umm, extensive collection of punches and the Iris cases work great for storing them. Even my big Marvy lever punches fit, and by storing them in the Iris cases I can stack them one on top of the other on the bottom shelves of my bookcases. Right now they're not in any kind of order and I have to pull out each case to see what's in it - but I'm in the process of organizing and indexing my punches so that I can label the cases and I'll know which case to pull out of the stack right away.

I can fit 2 stacks of cases, with 5 or 6 cases in a stack on the bottom shelf of each bookcase. I figure all that weight on the bottom shelf helps keep the bookcase stable, so - added benefit!

Cathy H 04-10-2014 07:58 AM

Paper. 12 X 12

stampinovice 04-10-2014 09:03 AM

I keep "collections" (like Graphic 45 papers and matching stamps) in some of mine and also if I am working on a project, I keep everything I need for that project in a case. Also use it for 12x12 paper storage. They are very handy, but I only buy them when they are "cheap"!

Wolfcrkstamp 04-10-2014 09:19 AM

I like to carry all the things for one project together, and then the tools separately when I go to crops, etc. Also- I have a granddaughter that I have a book for, and I can keep together all the paper and ephemera I collect for her in one place until I can get to working on it. I just bought 4 more... :)

lylacfey 04-10-2014 09:49 PM

I am a scrapbooker so I use them for all my 12x12 paper and pads.

DianeinSparks 04-10-2014 10:52 PM

I keep all my 12 x 12 designer paper in them, sorted by color. I have 7:Red/Pink; Yellow/Orange; Blue; Green; Purple; Brown/Cream and Black/White.

kristyk71 04-11-2014 03:41 PM

I use them to keep my supplies together when making a lengthier project, such as Christmas cards or an album. It makes it easy to keep together the dsp, cardstock, stamps, ink, etc., until the project is finished without anything going missing. (Or the corners of the dsp getting curled up!)

RJP111 04-11-2014 05:30 PM

I use them to store my 12 x 12 papers

Catrick 04-11-2014 08:55 PM

I use them to store my seasonal (i.e. Christmas paper, stamps, dies, punches, embossing folders). I have one for Christmas, Valentines, Easter etc. That way...the only stamps, dies, folders etc. I have out all the time are the generic ones.

gregzgurl 04-12-2014 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catrick (Post 20593949)
I use them to store my seasonal (i.e. Christmas paper, stamps, dies, punches, embossing folders). I have one for Christmas, Valentines, Easter etc. That way...the only stamps, dies, folders etc. I have out all the time are the generic ones.

Brilliant! I couldn't think of a single reason to get these cases, but I do have quite a collection of seasonal that could be tucked away until needed. I may need a few, after all...

KarenBinPa 04-12-2014 02:42 AM

Well my store didn't have a single one, so it is a moot point for me. :0) I'll have to catch the sale the next time it happens.

kame 04-12-2014 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenBinPa (Post 20593999)
Well my store didn't have a single one, so it is a moot point for me. :0) I'll have to catch the sale the next time it happens.

You can have them order for you. That is what I did last time and will probably have to do it again today since I have waited until Saturday to go to Michaels.

TeeGeeDee 04-12-2014 03:28 PM

Since I was in Michael's (more than once!) during the sale (ending today) I bought the last clear one I saw. It didn't make it out of my car so I used it today to safeguard the pretty papers I bought at my LSS. I think I will keep one in my car for future shopping trips!

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee

maslex 04-13-2014 12:01 AM

I am also a scrapbooker and this is how I organize my scrapbook supplies.

Each of my iris boxes is "assigned" to a category.

"Christmas" will have all Christmas related paper, cardstock, stickers, embellishments, etc.

"Disney" will have all Disney related paper, cardstock, stickers, embellishments, etc.

So on and so forth.

That way, if I want to scrapbook a Disney layout, I take out my "Disney" box and everything I need is right there in one box. Makes everything a lot easier to find.

And even though I haven't gone to a crop or friend's house to scrap in ages, I used to make up a few page kits and stick them in an empty iris box. It was easier to travel with.

PedalPower 04-13-2014 05:27 AM

I bought one this week to store vinyl scraps in.

bowqueen11 04-13-2014 10:35 AM

I also like to use them for projects. I put everything I'm using for a project in progress in 1 container so that I'm not searching for pieces here and there.

stamphappy1650 04-13-2014 03:41 PM

1. Specialty papers like tissue, hand made paper, netting, etc.
  2. Holiday/seasonal related items. I have boxes for Halloween, Fall /Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring, Summer). All the dies, stamps, paper, & embellishments that are strictly used for that season
  3. Projects in progress (all the items needed to make the project, except the stamps)
  4. Class projects in progress
  5. Mixed media (papers, rub-ons, etc. bought for using just with mixed media/collage projects