Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What to do with M&M's Minis tubes? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-do-m-ms-minis-tubes-36294/)

barbaranne_stamps 03-17-2005 10:18 AM

What to do with M&M's Minis tubes?

Does anybody have any really neat ideas to use with those little tubes that the M&M Minis come in? I have a case of these things. (Links to images in the gallery would be great too!) :))

Thanks!

lesley 03-17-2005 10:24 AM

I have saved a couple of them, but haven't used them yet. My plan is to make a cute Easter label and put M & Ms back in there. You could decorate them any way and put any kind of small candy in there.

newinker 03-17-2005 10:29 AM

I poked a hole in the top and store my hemp inside.

camsmom 03-17-2005 10:42 AM

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...tube&x=12&y=11

some cute ideas are above. Covering them with designer paper is probably the easiest b/c it is so thin, or you could use printer paper to stamp on.

Could you hot glue a bit of cord around the top and make it a candy necklace? :D

and another cute one by Michelle:
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...cat=all&page=1

*by the way I opened up the gallery and typed in m&m tube and then tube for the results. :wink:

barbaranne_stamps 03-17-2005 10:59 AM

Thanks! I did do a search in the gallery (which is a snail today by the way :( ). I was hoping to come up with other ideas, like the one you gave about making them into a necklace or the hemp storage idea (both great by the way). We do use them for storing quarters for trips, but I only need one of them for that! I literally have about 30-40 of these things! I just hate throwing away cute things like these. (And the minute I would do that, sombody would post some amazing thing! Isn't that always the way!?!)

camsmom 03-17-2005 11:51 AM

what about bubble necklaces? Get the wands (okay I don;t know where they sell them-but could you make them with pipe cleaners?) and tie cord around them for cute bubble necklaces? :D

Stolynn 03-17-2005 12:18 PM

They're good for saving quarters. I know it's not stamping related... LOL

LisaS25 03-17-2005 12:33 PM

I used them to contain quarters... one thing I've learned, though, airlines do not like you to use those containers for quarters ;)

barbaranne_stamps 03-17-2005 12:35 PM

Doesn't have to necessarily be stamping related. Thanks!

StampinHappyInCT 03-17-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newinker

GREAT IDEA!!!!!

brencpa 03-17-2005 12:40 PM

Mini M & M containers

Sewing machine bobbins fit in them also.

SweetHeidiJo 03-17-2005 02:25 PM

Yep, use mine as quarter holders!! They are great for laundry day if you have to go to the launrdomat. I also put one in my hubby's lunch box because he used change a lot for the vending machines at work. I bet 2 or 3 crayons would fit in there too! The hemp idea is awesome!!! Too bad mine is already all tangled up!

-Heidi :0)

Barasto 03-17-2005 02:46 PM

Re: What to do with M&M's Minis tubes?

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaranne_stamps
Does anybody have any really neat ideas to use with those little tubes that the M&M Minis come in? I have a case of these things. (Links to images in the gallery would be great too!) :))

Thanks!

I put quarters in them to save money. It's also a great way to take the quarters when you go to an amusement park.

Kalkaskamz 03-17-2005 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newinker

Oh.....I really LOVE that idea..my hemp is running ramped in my stamp space!

shan 03-17-2005 02:57 PM

I put salad dressing in them for DHs lunch when he
takes a salad to work. They're just the right size! :D
Shan

Mom-of-one 03-17-2005 03:56 PM

:D cute ideas!

papercuties 03-17-2005 03:58 PM

I am always so impressed with the creativity that swarms this site. I would have never thought of using them for salad dressing, or quarters. I have saved a couple, thinking that one day I would do something with them. Now I just may... thanks ladies.

maryp 03-17-2005 04:32 PM

Really great ideas for these, ladies! Thanks for sharing!

Mary

bekster 03-18-2005 08:33 PM

If you have flower bed, use them to save the seeds for planting next year. Keep a few in the car so when you visit friends you can gather some seeds from their flowers, too.

Also, I have sometimes mixed different colors of embossing powders to make another shade - for example, i have mixed silver with opalescent or gold with silver just for a slightly different effect. You could use these to hold the excess. I also use film containers for this.

kahoogstad 03-19-2005 03:04 AM

Another non-stamping related idea - I keep one in my purse stocked with tylenol, advil, cold & sinus meds, etc. No, I don't take these often, but boy is it nice to be prepared when a major headache comes along once every few months.

stampin_sher 03-19-2005 03:40 AM

If the tubes really hold quarters.... How about personalizing (stamping) each one, fill it with quarters and give it to the kiddies for a birthday party favor when going to Chuckie Cheese, or some other place that has those darn machines kids love. After they spend all their quarters they can take them home again, fill them up with their allowance then go spend them again.