Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-28-2006, 02:46 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is the differance between prismacolor pencils,verses watercolor pencils.

Is there any differance at all between the 2.to me they look the same I have only seen 1 card up close with the prismacolor pencils and I honestly can't see that much of a differance.

can anyone explaine to me what the differance is.do you like them more verses the watercolor pencils.and if you had a choice which ones would you buy.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2006, 04:25 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Lisa,

First there's the difference with how they're used. Watercolor pencils are blended with water (aquabrush, std watercolor brush) or with blender pen. Prismacolor pencils are blended with gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) and a stump.

Prismacolors seem to provide more vivid coloring and more precise placement after blending (sinc you're not using water). They are wonderful for shading, etc. Watercolor pencils, at least in my experience, offer a softer look.

I have both and use both. But I do have to admit to using my watercolor pencils a bit less since I purchased the watercolor crayons.

HTH!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

i ALSO USE MY CRAYONS MORE NOE THAN MY PENCILS.ALL DEPENDING ON HOW BIG THE IMAGE IS THAT I AM COLORING IN.IF THEY ARE FINER AND SMALLER AREAS TO COLOR IN THEM i JUST USE MY PENCILS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I use my Watercolor Wonder Crayons for everything! If you use an aquapainter to "lift" the color from the crayon iteself, you can color in even the finest of details!

Reply With Quote Likes