Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What did it cost to have your catty spiral bound? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-did-cost-have-your-catty-spiral-bound-65422/)

scrapbookmommy 07-01-2005 02:58 PM

What did it cost to have your catty spiral bound?

I just had mine done at Office Depot and it was $6.82 after they took 15% off for filling out some Office Depot shopper card. I had it spiral bound and the front and back laminated. I tried Staples but they had to send it out to do the spiral binding. I know a lot of people have said theirs cost under $5. I was just wondering if I had paid more than everybody else was having to. Don't get me wrong I'm so glad I did it and I will now do every catalog each year. I was just wondering.
April

jess_witty 07-01-2005 03:08 PM

I went to Office Depot and paid about $6 - $6.50. I had the front and back laminated with 7mm laminate, spiral bound, and had them add in pockets and clear dividers with tabs (I had already purchased both of those items). I think $6-7 is pretty average... maybe the lower priced ones had the comb binding and not the spiral binding? Also, they charge less for the thinner laminate, so that might have been it.

There are a few threads from last year regarding spiral binding prices, etc, if you search for them.

mustangvm 07-01-2005 03:18 PM

What did it cost...

I had mine spiral bound and I had the front and back cover laminated at A&E Graphics in Houston and it cost $14.70. I just love it!

mschoener 07-01-2005 03:36 PM

WOW! I don't know what Office Depot you went to, but I went yesterday and had mine done with rubicoil and also had the covers laminated, the cost was $3.36. I guess I got a bargain. :D

BabyNurse 07-01-2005 03:50 PM

Question about having your catty rebound

Do they take it apart for you? I hope that doesn't sound dumb. It had never occurred to me to do it. Thanks.

KarrieLyne 07-01-2005 03:56 PM

I also went to office depot and paid $4.97 to have the front and back laminated and then spiral bound.

Karrie

Rubber Stamp Nut 07-01-2005 03:58 PM

I had mine done this morning at Staples for less than $5. They told me that they would have to send it out for one particular kind of coil binding (rubicoil?) but they had other types of binding that they did on site in 5 minutes! They put a clear cover on the front and a white cover on the back. Very nicely done!

mschoener 07-01-2005 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyNurse
Do they take it apart for you? I hope that doesn't sound dumb. It had never occurred to me to do it. Thanks.

Yes, they have a machine that cuts off a the spine part of the catalog and then they bind it.

sml1170 07-01-2005 04:11 PM

I went to my local print/copy shop, had it spiral bound, clear front cover and added a folder and paper for $3.80 (including tax). Oh, and he did a superb job!

mamakimberly 07-01-2005 04:14 PM

Ours were about $7.00 each...

LaurieR 07-01-2005 06:26 PM

I usually take mine to Kinko's, and I usually pay about $7. Sounds right in line to me.

deannanb 07-01-2005 06:33 PM

I paid $2.15 to have the holes punched and the coil put on at office depot

gailowens 07-01-2005 07:45 PM

I had mine done at Office Max with a clear cover on the front and back. The cost was a little bit over $6.

gamblemom 07-01-2005 07:51 PM

I paid 10.23 with tax for a front and back lamination of the cover and a pretty clear coil. LOL

They inserted the very last page upside down but I forgave them because originally they were going to have to use a black coil but they used a clear one that is much prettier.