Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What Brand Rubber Stamps (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-brand-rubber-stamps-464184/)

SophieLaFontaine 10-18-2009 06:44 AM

Oh!!! I have never heard of Motivet until just now!!! CUTE stamps!!!

My current favourite and newest bunch of stamps come from Crafty Secrets, 'cause I adore vintage. I also have Stampin' Up!, Stampendous, Beeswax, Magenta, Serendipity Stamps, CTMH, House Mouse, Penny Black, DOTS (ex-CTMH - the cutesy ones on wood), Angi B & Co, Stampington & Co., Rubber Stamp Concepts, Comotions, PSX, Anna Griffin, Inkadinkado, Brenda Walton, Tim Holtz, Fancy Pants, Autumn Leaves, All Night Media, Alluring Impressions, Purple Onion Designs, Victorian Greetings (Victorian Trading Co.), Hero Arts, After Midnight, one TAC, one PTI, Flourishes LLC, and I can't think of anything else. I'm sure I am missing some. I have been collecting stamps since 1990, so have found tons of companies to love over the years. I'm eyeing Magnolia next.

SophieLaFontaine 10-18-2009 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ked (Post 15375835)
I spend most of my money on PTI and Stamping Bella. In addition to those, I ADORE on MFT, TCP, and LAD. I also like Pink Cat Studio and Taylored Expressions (though I don't yet own any TE). And I just happened to buy my first image from Kim Reid Stamps today! Those girly chicks are just too cute. (Sorry - I can talk about stamps I love all day! LOL)

What is TCP and LAD? I can't for the life of me think of what they are!

cdjkssss 10-18-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine (Post 15378294)
What is TCP and LAD? I can't for the life of me think of what they are!

The Cat's Pajamas and Lizzie Anne Designs

SophieLaFontaine 10-18-2009 07:53 AM

Thanks Chris!

polargirl 10-18-2009 03:19 PM

I voted SU and Other. I have stamps from a variety of companies. I don't purchase many stamps anymore since I have so many. (I've been buying since the '80s). Whiff of Joy and Sugar Nellie are just too cute for me. Don't get me wrong, I like cute but not that type of cute. I try to avoid going to on-line companies with clear stamps so I won't be tempted, but sometimes the designs are just to difficult to resist. I like red rubber the best. Now I'm off to check out 'Motivet', it's new to me.

shellpole 10-18-2009 04:07 PM

Well then....

Stamp It (Australia)...so much lovely stuff from this company
Collections (Australia)...lots of arty and olde worlde elements
Lucy's (Australia) I can't buy these anymore but have a huge collection of them.
Non Sequitor...love their plates
PSX another rather large collection...I know you can't get them but the quality is wonderful
Rubber Poet...quite arty but I love the ladies!
Stampa Rosa...now Stampabilities is it?...House Mouse, anyway!
Stamps by Judith....for when I feel liike doing cute stuff
Hero Arts...Have always loved the quality of these stamps!
and SU

recently MFT.... & lots more Stampscapes

I will buy as the whim takes me. I have no special affiliation to any one company.

Michelle

miamiscrapper 10-18-2009 05:20 PM

I buy from lots of places however, the majority of my stamps are SU!

dkstampinfool 10-18-2009 05:29 PM

I'm probably 95% SU! since that is where I started. I have a few other stamps but they rarely see ink since I've found that I use primarily my SU! stuff for a variety of reasons. :)

Glitterati 10-18-2009 07:05 PM

I started with Stampin Up years ago so I have a lot of their stamps. But I haven't bought anything from SU in a long time. I've fallen in love with Papertrey Ink and Flourishes. I really like using clear stamps as long as they are high quality photopolymer.

lnl96 10-18-2009 09:37 PM

SU was what got me into stamping about 9 years ago, but over the years my tastes have changed (I haven't bought any SU in almost 2 years). It just kind of happened that I've mostly switched to clear stamps, from a variety of companies: Basic Grey, Chatterbox, American Crafts, Hampton Art, Sassafras Lass, Studio G, Hero Arts, PTI, Pink Paislee... I'm more of a "whatever set fits my style" kind of girl than an "always buy from X company(s)" girl, if that makes sense.

Hiding in My Craft Room 10-18-2009 11:01 PM

I voted for SU, since for rubber stamps that is my preference. However, I am starting to switch to clear stamps and PTI, Technique Tuesday, and Inkadinkadoo are my favorites. I have really been wanting to try Flourishes.

cerridwen3301 10-19-2009 03:02 AM

i'm not sure there is anything i HAVEN'T bought! if i like an image i get it - i don't care if it's red rubber, clear, digi. i tend to stay away from wood mounted as i don't like the wood block OR the expense. i have to say i have yet to buy a stamp that does not produce a clear image including the $1 stamps.

as for a list...i'll try:
greeting farm
two scoops rice
whipper snapper
alota
kitchen sink
inkadinkado
stamping bella
studio G
hampton arts
PTI
soft pencil
pink petticoat
pollycraft
whiff of joy
pink cat studio
SCACD
stampavie
cornish heritage
i brake for stamps
CTMH
SU - actually my least favorite for stamps
stampscapes - the best for masculine cards
and my own line of course!!!

i'm sure i left some out!! i really think it is more important to buy what you like image wise rather than try to go only with certain companies. i have not found any difference in quality of image between red rubber and clear, unmounted or mounted, company to company (tho some red or gray rubber are not as deeply etched so i just stamp a bit more carefully) as long as you use them correctly. i find clear is better with memento or some type of pigment ink. i always put a foam pad underneath, and with clear don't press as hard.

pickle 10-19-2009 03:45 AM

The fact that most SU! stamps come in sets is what got me. I was, and somtimes still, creatively challenged and having stamps that coordinate is a HUGE help.

sewphisticats 10-19-2009 03:52 AM

My initial interest in stamping was fueled by watching Dee Gruenig demo her stamping techniques with her Posh Impressions stamps. I have many of her stamp sets and find them very unique and versatile. Although I use her style on some cards, I have also developed my own style with her stamps.

shellpole 10-19-2009 03:54 AM

Yes, tis a good idea...

but we have had SU here only for a couple of years....so I wasn't "brought up" on SU....My buying habits were pretty much formed years before....

I do buy the occasional SU set, but love so many other brands too....

Bottom line....If I like the stamp, I am gunna get it come hell or high water :)

Michelle

Quote:

Originally Posted by pickle (Post 15382619)
The fact that most SU! stamps come in sets is what got me. I was, and somtimes still, creatively challenged and having stamps that coordinate is a HUGE help.

NikiE 10-19-2009 07:25 AM

Oh, wow, you're going to get so many great recommendations! My personal favorites include: Papertrey Ink, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Whiff of Joy Stamps, Wags 'n Whiskers, Riley moose from Hanna Stamps, and the cute penguins from the Cat's Pajamas. I've also used Stamping Bella, Gina K, and Our Craft Lounge. They are all great stamps and great companies. I just ordered my first Pink Cat Studio stamps and can't wait to try them. Good luck in your search!

Joan B 10-19-2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft Room (Post 15382354)
I voted for SU, since for rubber stamps that is my preference. However, I am starting to switch to clear stamps and PTI, Technique Tuesday, and Inkadinkadoo are my favorites. I have really been wanting to try Flourishes.

Flourishes stamps are amazing. Excellent quality. they have some of the most detailed clear stamps on the market and they stamp beautifully. and the prices are beyond excellent.

meloleary 10-19-2009 07:40 AM

I have (and use!) a lot of SU, but I also love Gina K, PTI, Memory Box (especially the penguins!)and Outlines, and I probably have more A Muse than anything else. I love those little guys!

RAWS 10-19-2009 07:41 AM

I own lots of Stampin' Up, but I seem to be buying from other companies now. I just recently bought "Little Red Wagon" from Pink Persimmon. I have so many stamps already that I only buy things that are different from the ones I already own. I definately do not need another flower or snow flake stamp. I am liking MFT and Rubber Romance--women with style and attitude.

stampinmomnh 10-19-2009 07:47 AM

Also luv PTI , Hero Arts, stampendous and gina k

sprtchick 10-19-2009 11:36 AM

I voted SU and other:
Papertrey
Flourishes
Verve
Inkadinkado
Hampton Arts
Hero Arts
Basic Grey
& so many others.

I just love stamps.
blessings.

Blankiefinder 10-19-2009 03:29 PM

Whipper snapper, Elzybells, Pink Cat, High Hopes... oh, and Stamping Bella

jeanstamping2 10-19-2009 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyceL (Post 15372243)
I am wondering what brand do pple normally use?

I started with PSX and was introduced to Hero Arts and Penny Black. I stopped stamping 11 years ago and only got back to it last year. The new brand I was introduced to was Inkadinkado which I find resembles PSX style and which I found out later that they bought over PSX. Now I have alot of Penny Black and Inkadinkado stamps and some Stampin'Up ones too. Thought I should start getting from other brands especially those that only sell online. So which brands are u guys buying?

I mostly use Stamps from The Angel Company http://theangelcompany.net

They are Blue Unmounted Rubber stamps. Each stamp set comes with it's own Creative Cling foam. (Ez-mount )
To use these stamps you need to use a Acrylic Block.

And I purchase Stampin' Up! stamps, Clear and simple stamps,
Stampin Place stamps.

JoyceL 10-23-2009 04:19 PM

Wow... seems like Stampin Up is the most popular.

KayInFL 10-23-2009 04:28 PM

TAC (obviously!), Sugar Nellie, and Inkadinkado for me lately, although I have a fair amount of Bellas too. Anything unmounted really and I am slowly being seduced by digital art too... I am an equal opportunity stamper :)

mitch1 10-23-2009 10:16 PM

I LOVE Penny Black. Anything cute at the moment is my style. Love that PB are now doing clear stamps, saves in cost and postage. (They are expensive over here).

Others I like are Stamp It, Hero Arts, Stampendous. Will buy anything I see and love though.

meluvstampin 10-24-2009 03:56 AM

I buy from differents ones.
Check out my A-Z list of stamp websites for a some stores to look at.

WEB STORE LIST A-Z!

Holly Joy 10-24-2009 05:32 AM

I have quite a few Stampin Up sets and stamp pads. I also buy from Our Daily Bread Desings, Stampabilities,Inkadinkado, and Great Impressions.

bessieheav 10-24-2009 06:07 AM

Like most, SU is what got me stamping but haven't bought one of their stamps in years because they have gotten incredibly expensive and I no longer want to pay a price for sets that have little images i would never use. For solid images I still love Hero Arts and Penny Black brush strokes but I love Love LOVE to color outline images and my current fav's are the cute whimsical images of Stamping Bella.

ladybugstamper2 10-24-2009 07:09 AM

Hi!
I haven't bought any stamps in about 4 years, but my stash is large and my favorite companies are (and were because some are gone now)

Stampin' Up!
Hero Arts
Ann-ticipations
PSX
Inkadinkadoo
Clearsnap (Wheels)
Stampendous
Rubber Stampede
Azadi Earles
Posh Impressions
SonLight Stamps
Mostly Animals
Darci's
All Night Media
Yes, Pigs Can Fly
Magenta
Delafield
Rubber Necker
Museum of Rubber Stamps
Jayhawk
Daisy Kingdom
Co-motion
Stamp of Excellence
Hampton Art
Hot Potatoes
Printworks

Like I said, most of these companies are gone now, but I still use their stamps and they're great.

susanstamper 10-24-2009 07:19 AM

I mostly buy my stamps from Stampin' Up! but in the past I have bought stamps from Unity, MFT, & Gina K.

auntangie 10-24-2009 08:32 AM

My old favs are:
CTMH
Stampendous
Hero Arts
Stamps by Judith
Stampscapes
Stamps Happen
Darci's
Whipper Snapper
PSX
Most of these I have had for years and still love them.

Since joining SCS I have added stamps from:
Autumn Leaves
Stamping bella
PTI
SU!

Now this thread has listed a bunch I have never seen before and will have to check out. LOL!

LIStamper 11-11-2009 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmySamin (Post 15377870)
Most of the stamps I've bought in recent years are by Posh Impressions (Dee Gruenig). I get them online (no stamp stores here, sadly) at Sunday International, and soon at Stamp A Mania!

I guess I got tired of coloring in outline images; the solid stamps can be colored with ink pads or markers, and as soon as you stamp it, it's done! ;)

Amy, I know exactly how you feel. Although I enjoy many different stamp companies, and I do enjoy coloring outline images, I love the quick effects you can get by using bold stamps such as Posh Impression stamps!

stampencamper 11-11-2009 01:20 PM

with the copic trend; I have decided to change my preference for stamps.
To have a larger space to blend and color, my favorites are becoming single images, whiff of joy-love Henry Mouse, wags n whiskers, whipper snapper, sugar nellie and magnolia. If i can get my hands on some of these

deeth1 11-11-2009 02:08 PM

Penny Black
Stampendous
Stampabilities
Impression Obsession
Inkadinkado
Hero Arts
Studio G

These are the main ones I buy from.

lynkim 11-13-2009 10:27 PM

rubbernecker and hanna

Chipchick 12-29-2009 05:54 PM

I have lots of stamps from lots of places, but mostly SU and Stamp-A-Mania...and now they are selling the Posh stamps!!! I also like B&J Art Stamps. I've also become addicted to the House Mouse stamps, so I have a basketful of those, too!

Inky Paws 12-30-2009 08:37 AM

Long time SU demo that went hobby so I have started braching out. I'm loving Lockhart, Gina K Designs, Stamping Bella, Flourishes & Stamping Bella. Just got some Clear Dollar Stamps that I really like too. It had taken me a while to go from wood block to UM, but now that I have taken the plunge, there is a whole new stamping world out there. Now that I have tried several different types, I prefer the UM rubber the best!

peeps321 12-30-2009 09:05 AM

I have quite a variety but my favorites are: Oxford Impressions, Paperbag Studios, Odd Bird Planet, Character Constructions, Lost Coast Designs, Rubbermoon, Artistic Outpost, Inky Antics.....

RiverIsis 12-30-2009 09:16 AM

Clear Dollar Stamps
Stampendous
Inkadinkado
Autumn Leaves
Hero Arts
Stampabilities
Gina K
Viva Las Vegastamps
7 Gypsies
Technique Tuesday
High Hopes
Penny Black
Northwoods
I Brake for Stamps

and loads of others, some that don't seem to have a manufacturer on them.

Julie in Indy 12-30-2009 09:17 AM

I am almost exclusively a SU stamper. Occasionally I will see something elsewhere and buy it, but I really like the SU sets.

basketostamps 12-30-2009 10:30 AM

Stampin' Up! is my favorite. A teddy bear from PSX was the first stamp I ever bought and I still have it.

meloleary 12-30-2009 10:43 AM

Flipping through this thread, I noticed that I responded back in October, but I left out another couple of favorites of mine -- Riley (formerly from Hanna Stamps) and Rosie's Roadshow. I just love Rosie's cast of characters, especially the ducks and geese!

stigmom6 12-30-2009 10:57 AM

I actually have not really found much of a difference when it comes to hight quality rubber stamps. So I guess I would say "all of the above". I have learned(the hard way) not to buy the poor quality inexpensive rubber stamps. :)

LuvLee 01-03-2010 12:25 AM

Gina K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

ldsk34 01-03-2010 06:03 AM

Most of mine come from Gina K, them Stamping Bella and SU.....now that SU has options of unmounted I will buy more.............BUT the bulk of my stamps are photo polymer.

NYstamper 01-03-2010 08:05 AM

I buy mostly SU. (Being a demo has a way of doing that...). But I love Gina K, Unity, I brake for stamps, Cornish Heritage Farms, Stampscapes, and others that for now my brain is frozen on. I am more of a rubber lover than a clear lover but I do have several sets from PTI and Flourishes and Tim Holtz. If I like the design and think it is something I can do something with, other than look at it, I buy it.

Arizona 01-03-2010 08:21 AM

Most of my stamps are from Gina K, but I have a few from Stampin up.

purplewinkle 01-03-2010 08:49 AM

I have more SU than anything. I have some CTMH, and a smattering of others.

I'm getting into Kitchen Sink too and LOVE those.

stampinsweeney 01-03-2010 10:20 AM

These are the main three, but I buy whatever I like not matter the company.

Papertrey Ink
Unity Stamp Company
Stampin' Up