Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   What Brand Rubber Stamps (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/what-brand-rubber-stamps-464184/)

JoyceL 10-17-2009 12:40 AM

What Brand Rubber Stamps

I am wondering what brand do pple normally use?

I started with PSX and was introduced to Hero Arts and Penny Black. I stopped stamping 11 years ago and only got back to it last year. The new brand I was introduced to was Inkadinkado which I find resembles PSX style and which I found out later that they bought over PSX. Now I have alot of Penny Black and Inkadinkado stamps and some Stampin'Up ones too. Thought I should start getting from other brands especially those that only sell online. So which brands are u guys buying?

Metalcharm 10-17-2009 02:14 AM

I have mostly Stampin Up but I really like making scenes so I also can't help myself when it comes to the sets from Cornish Heritage Farm. :D

franb63 10-17-2009 02:22 AM

The roped me into stamping bout 2 years ago.. I was dragged into it kicking and screaming I didnt want to start something I knew I wouldnt enjoy.. HA!!!!!!! 3 years later I've a WHOLE buncha stuffessss.. I started with Stampin Up and continue to use them the most.. I just recently purchased some from Chris at TAC and love em..
I go with what I like and of course price is a big issue.. as is too quality.. Now I just need to stamp more and get out of this funk I've been in for the past 7 months..

palval77 10-17-2009 03:38 AM

Unity, PTI, Hanna, MFT, and SU

Gramma Birdie 10-17-2009 03:42 AM

Gina K for rubber stamps, PTI & Hero Arts for clear stamps

tchk 10-17-2009 03:47 AM

CTMH, TAC, Clear Artistic Stamps, Firecracker Designs by Pamela, Rubber Stamp Tapestry, OnyxXpressions, Thomas Kinkade (CHF) are my favorites, although I buy any image I really like.

Allistamps123 10-17-2009 04:25 AM

I voted SU which I have 100 sets of but I also have some Penny Black, Inkadinkadoo, stampabilities (all from Hobby Lobby) and quite a few Michael's dollar stamps. I'm also itching to get Gina K's coffee set and some TAC sentiment sets.

Angelnorth 10-17-2009 04:39 AM

I was a regular customer at Cornish Heritage Farms well before I joined the DT there so I'd have to say CHF :), most of mine are cling foam mounted rather than wood mounts so they don't take up so much space!

If you're willing to branch out into clear polymer you might enjoy the vintage slant of a company like Crafty Secrets - the stamps are the best quality clear ones I've come across, not at all "squidgy" and stamp a really clear impression.

Have fun exploring all the companies out there!

Cook22 10-17-2009 05:00 AM

Stampendous (clear and wood-mounted), Hero Arts, Penny Black
Rubber Romance - umounted rubber
October Afternoon clear
Just recently got some Verve and PTI clear stamps too.

jutta 10-17-2009 05:25 AM

what brand of stamps?

I use SU, but I voted for "other" because I have quite the collection of PTI, MFT and who knows what. I spread the rubber luv around!

Jutta

LMcAree 10-17-2009 05:26 AM

I use mostly Gina K, Papertrey and Whipper Snapper. I do have some Sugar Nellie, Whiff of Joy, Verve, The Greeting Farm. I love all kinds of stamps!! :)
Welcome back!!!

pickle 10-17-2009 05:43 AM

SU! There's nothing like that solid piece of wood, IMO

Loretia 10-17-2009 05:43 AM

I voted SU as that is what I seem to buy the most. I do really like an on-line company called Rubbernecker Stamps. They're great to deal with and with every $20.00 purchase (which of course I have no trouble doing - tee hee) they let you select a free stamp. Just ordered some from there!

LeisaJane 10-17-2009 05:52 AM

I mostly use Stampin' Up, but I'll buy whatever stamp I like from anyone anywhere. I really enjoy using Stampscapes. I have some from Cornish Heritage Farms. I'll also buy some Inkadinkadoo....generally on sale at Hobby Lobby. I have bought some really lovely stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs, too.

Primarily I choose the Stampin' Up because they come in a set. I like how the different stamp coordinate together. They also have the best designs, in my opinion.

*suzanne* 10-17-2009 05:53 AM

Thanks for asking this, since I often wonder what people buy too.

I have in the past purchased SU!, but lately I have been buying stamps from Papertrey Ink because the style of their images coincide with my own personal style more. I like using the acrylic stamps because it helps me line up images better, and the company has a great angel policy. Storage is also super simple since everything is in CD cases. For me the most important things are the design team's sample cards that are easily viewed in the idea gallery for each stamp set via their website.

stillstampin 10-17-2009 05:55 AM

SU all the way!!

geogymnast82 10-17-2009 05:55 AM

Eat Cake Graphics, Purple Onion Designs, Cornish Heritage Farms (CHF), Penny Black, Stampendous, Hero Arts, Stampers Anonymous, Inkadinkado, and soon to be big order for PaperTrey Ink (PTI).

pjl-ny 10-17-2009 05:57 AM

I'm in a monthly SU club, but also buy Whipper Snapper, Penny Black, Impression Obsession, Magnolia, Inky Antics and Stampendous. I also love High Hope Stamps but they take a long time to get.

krystie lee 10-17-2009 06:08 AM

A Muse
Hero Arts
My Cute Stamps
Papertrey Ink
Lizzie Anne

French Chablis 10-17-2009 07:35 AM

I started out with Hero Arts a long time ago, and still have a great fondness for them. However since then I have branched out a lot, Penny Black, Impression Obsession, Inkadinkadoo, Judikins, Fred Mullet, Northwoods, Graphicus (UK company), Artemio and Florileges (both French companies), Stampington, PTI and SU. The list could go on. I am still amazed at the range of stamps available since I first started. I particularly like finding stamps from small, interesting stamp companies (and I like supporting them too). My latest came from Coronado Island Stamps, a simply gorgeous detailed stamp of three galloping horses. I first saw this on someone's card on here and simply had to have it. One of the great merits of SCS!

debbiemom23cs 10-17-2009 08:14 AM

Lately I have been using Gina K Designs, Unity and Verve. These are all member companies here on SCS and love there stuff. The customer service for each place is great, too!

AmberAKAmom 10-17-2009 08:23 AM

I think the only rubber stamps I buy are from StampingBella.

MSBetsyZ 10-17-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by French Chablis (Post 15373411)
I started out with Hero Arts a long time ago, and still have a great fondness for them. However since then I have branched out a lot, Penny Black, Impression Obsession, Inkadinkadoo, Judikins, Fred Mullet, Northwoods, Graphicus (UK company), Artemio and Florileges (both French companies), Stampington, PTI and SU. The list could go on. I am still amazed at the range of stamps available since I first started. I particularly like finding stamps from small, interesting stamp companies (and I like supporting them too). My latest came from Coronado Island Stamps, a simply gorgeous detailed stamp of three galloping horses. I first saw this on someone's card on here and simply had to have it. One of the great merits of SCS!

Is that the image called "The Three Graces"? The one with a side view of the three horses running neck and neck? That is so gorgeous...I bought it years ago before Coronado stopped selling UM from their website. Have you used it yet? Any samples to share, lol?

MSBetsyZ 10-17-2009 09:21 AM

I do use Stampin' Up! for the most part (for obvious reasons, lol!). I've always found their line art to be gorgeous. I love the way I can mount them (or not) to my preference...centered, in a corner of the block, or even leave them unmounted to use with other blocks and a temporary mounting adhesive.

As a stamper for many years, now, I do have a large collection of stamps from tons of companies, but since becoming a demo for SU, it's not surprising that my collection is dominated by SU!

KristaTracy 10-17-2009 10:34 AM

Most of my stamps are Stampin' Up, and I also enjoy Stamping Bella and Amuse for rubber stamps. For clear stamps, I love Papertrey.

jazzytobi 10-17-2009 10:37 AM

I buy:
Papertrey Ink
Stampavie
Stamping Bella
Cornish Heritage Farms
Whipper Snapper
Hero Arts
Amuse
and a scattering of others..

GWTW Junkie 10-17-2009 10:41 AM

Stampin' Up for me. I have been very disappointed in the quality and image of the few other stamps I have bought and used from other companies, when their artwork was decent enough to even tempt me.... not to mention how poorly some retail companies' are mounted, like they were just slapped together.

beccabatgirl 10-17-2009 10:49 AM

Rubber stamps I buy come from Unity, Pink Cat Studio, some SU, CHF, and Lizzie Anne.
I buy clear stamps from PTI, My Cute Stamps, MFT, Verve, and There She Goes.

Christine Elliott 10-17-2009 11:02 AM

SU, CTMH, TAC, Hero Arts, Inkadinado (sp??) and some CHF. I buy what I like but mostly SU and CTMH. Some of the cheaper clear stamps don't work to well for me.

LateBlossom 10-17-2009 11:49 AM

I buy mostly Papertrey, Hero Arts, and StampinUp. Might break down and get some Gina K and A Muse this Christmas though.

1chrystal 10-17-2009 11:50 AM

I am an equal opportunity rubber lover. There is very little I don't like, and I own a ton of different company stamps. My favourites that I couldn't live without...

Alota Rubber Stamps
Clear Dollar Stamps
Cornish Heritage Farms
Gina K
Our Daily Bread Designs
Serendipity
Whipper Snapper
JustRite
Impression Obsession
High Hopes
Magnolia
Sugar Nellie
Whiff Of Joy

cdjkssss 10-17-2009 11:51 AM

I started with SU, and have branched out a lot! Some of my favorites:

Papertrey, Verve, Lizzie Anne, Inkadinkado, Stampin' Bella, Ma Vinci's Reliquary, Kitchen Sink, Invoke Arts

Joan B 10-17-2009 12:46 PM

My last few acquisitions -- past few months -- (I try to buy only clear now unless it is an "emergency") have been:

Waltzingmouse Stamps
Hero Arts
Technique Tuesday
Papertrey Ink

They all are top notch clear. I also have a massive collection of many other brands! LOL

Feline Creative 10-17-2009 12:54 PM

I use a wide variety:

Stampendous
Hero Arts
Stampin Up
Taylored Expressions
Verve Stamps
Close To My Heart
Gina K Designs
Our Daily Bread

And I'm sure others that I'm forgetting right now!

lifemoments 10-17-2009 12:57 PM

I am also an equal opportunity stamper. If I see a stamp set I like and it's from a company I can trust, I buy. That said, most of what I cannot live without (and have been completely addicted to...LOL) is Papertrey. I love the versatility of their sets. I get more than just a one image...one look...kind of stamp. The possibilities seem endless with what I can do with the PTI sets. And their design team samples make my jaw drop every time! As you can see, I am a huge fan. I can gush their praises all day long.

purtkt 10-17-2009 01:52 PM

Stampscapes, Amazing Arts, Stampavie, Whiff of Joy, CHF Kinkade stamps, Paper Inspirations, Coronado Island Stamps, Prickly Pear, Stamp A Mania, Viva Las Vegas, Flourishes, Autumn Leaves, Rubber Stamp Tapestry, Magenta, Rubber Hedgehog, Art Impressions, Third Coast Stamps and so many, many others. Each company is so unique in what they offer!

Cinnistew 10-17-2009 02:02 PM

I buy stamps from:

Hero Arts
Papertrey
Gina K
Whippersnapper
Stampendous
Inkadinkado
CHF
Penny Black
Unity
SU

KathiR 10-17-2009 02:11 PM

Bombshell Stamps
A Muse
Memory Box
Cat's Pajamas
Odd Bird Planet
Crafty Secrets
Paper Tray

I've been eying Third Coast Stamps lately.

Basically, anything that strikes my fancy.

ceramicat1 10-17-2009 02:12 PM

I buy from everywhere. Alot of Inkadinkado recently, some Penny Black, some recent Impression Obsession.